• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Unchained x[chi] Still TBD Outside of Japan/North America

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It seems Kingdom Hearts fans in pretty much every part of the world that's not North America or Japan are going to have to wait a little bit longer for Kingdom Hearts Unchained x[chi].

The official Kingdom Hearts twitter sent out a tweet detailing that the announcement for Unchained x[chi] at E3 was just for North America, as it was already announced to be coming to Japan.

As an Australian, this news saddens me as I know it will sadden those who don't live in Japan or North America. Hopefully that because it's worded as "TBC" and not "TBA" it means that the game will indeed be coming but it's yet to be seen.

MardukKurios

This is very disappointing for me, to be honest.

When they first announced Unchained X - I couldn't wait for it to be released, for finally playing it on my Smartphone.
I have an account for the Browser Version as well, but my PC isn't powerful enough to run flash smoothly - which is a little bit annoying to play with near still frames.

And now it's not ready for maybe some months, maybe coming next year - or maybe not even for Europe/Germany at all.

I am sad, this is really a bummer. :(

Loupest

This isn't that much of a problem on smart phones, you can just grab the apk or ipa file from a foreign app store and install them manually on your phone and it'll work perfectly. Once you understand japanese/english you should be ok!

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
This isn't that much of a problem on smart phones, you can just grab the apk or ipa file from a foreign app store and install them manually on your phone and it'll work perfectly. Once you understand japanese/english you should be ok!

The problem is, people shouldn't have to do that (and in some cases, don't phones need to be jailbroken for this?). Many people have been clamoring to bring Chi to territories outside of Japan, this site being pretty much the biggest supporter, and of those supporters, we have multiple members who don't live in the NA. It just seems like such a shaft to the face tbh. I'm like lowkey pissed at Square right now. This shouldn't even be being discussed since Chi is supposed to have some important details for KH3.

(On that note, this sounds like I'm angry, and I am at Square, not at you, in case it sounds that way).

Error

The problem is, people shouldn't have to do that (and in some cases, don't phones need to be jailbroken for this?).

Not necessarily. iPhones, yes, but you can easily side load an .apk file onto Android and install it that way, rather through their app store. It's an easy process! The file would be large, but I would say it would be worth it.

sullenclown

Awards
The problem is, people shouldn't have to do that (and in some cases, don't phones need to be jailbroken for this?).

For Android phones though, it's a little bit easier to be able to get those files 'legally'. You just need to have a US based Google account, a VPN to make your IP address American based, and you can download it directly from Google Play. The good thing about this method is that if there is an update on the phone, it will update itself automatically like any other app file you downloaded legally.

Axel92

Awards
I'm Italian, I do not pretend to have the game localized in my language, but if they release it in English in NA why not in Europe?

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, unless they region-lock it, it's very easy to download the game and play it on iOS devices, even if your store doesn't have it.

Although it doesn't make much sense. They have no shipping costs or something like that and the game is already translated.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Sounds like this is what that survey was about, in terms of that localization question. Perhaps too many people said "I refuse to play unless it's in my language" and they're considering whether to translate the entire game into every single region's language?

Awards
Sounds like this is what that survey was about, in terms of that localization question. Perhaps too many people said "I refuse to play unless it's in my language" and they're considering whether to translate the entire game into every single region's language?

I agree. I also think they are wondering how many people would actually be on the servers in other countries, assuming they were to have a server for each language instead of one European server (since players did say they'd refuse to play if it's not in their language). If their business people believe the microtransaction dollars won't cover the servers plus a significant excess profit, then they might advise the company against such actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back