• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question regarding KH3 cutscene graphics...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoecho6

Awards
I apologize in advance I can imagine some of you face palming at my idiocy about this. Bear with me the last game I played was kh2 on the PS2.

Are the graphics for the cutscene as seen in the recent trailer... Are they the graphics for normal in game cutscenes? I felt like they were just too good to be the case and for a second I thought they were like the amazing cgi scenes we get at the beginning and endings of games or special cases. But if that was the case then I would be a little disappointed in the cgi lol.

If these are what the normal cutscenes will look like then I also fear we wont be getting as many, or we wont be getting a lot going on in the cutscenes.

Antar

Awards
I love how beautiful the cutscenes look! I am fairly certain they are in engine, too, and not CGI. If you take a look, you can see a lot of poly edges which wouldn't be there if it was CGI. Unless, of course, they used low poly models for CGI for some reason.

Awards
I'm sure they'll still have some CGI cutscenes but usually they're used sparingly, opening scene and closing scene in particular. The rest are typically in engine.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, you are definitely underestimating the new generation's graphical capabilities. Those were in game graphics for the cutscenes, and I imagine they will look even better by the time the game is actually out, and they could probably have just as many or more cutscenes. Whether they will or not is a different question...I personally think a lot of the cutscenes in KH2 were unnecessary and they could be replaced with real time field dialogue instead. But that's another discussion now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back