• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What was Zexion planning?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaruAudo

-Spoilers ahead-

I'm playing Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories on the Reverse/Rebirth mode with Riku, and it has me super confused. I have tried to Google this and can't find a single thing so if anybody could help I would appreciate it.

When Lexaeus was killed by Riku, Axel and Zexion were seen talking, and Zexion said he had no use for Riku anymore, that he became a nuisance. Axel reminded Zexion that Riku was dangerous to which Zexion replied with a reminder that that wasn't how he did things. Did he mean killing wasn't the way he went about things?

And then what confused me even more, why did Zexion choose to make Riku feel miserable? He tried to make him feel guilty as if it would accomplish something, but what was his purpose? How was he going to get rid of Riku?

Last edited:

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Zexion was planning on using Riku against Marluxia, who was trying to gain Sora as a pawn. However, both plans fell apart fast. Zexion wasn't above killing, but he was above doing it in such a direct way like everyone else. Hence the headgames. He wanted to wreck Riku's mind, pretty much, so he would no longer be around.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
So what he wanted to do was mess with Riku's mind to make him vulnerable and then kill him?

Essentially. Hell, I wouldn't put it past Zexion to have used the headwrecking as an attempt to kill him. As we learned about Naminé from Marluxia and Larxene, there are ways to kill someone in the heart and mind just like physically.

OkaruAudo

What do you mean to kill them in the heart and mind? When you brought up Naminé I got a bit confused. Sorry to make this a big deal, but I'm playing all the games in order for the story currently.

OkaruAudo

I think I understand, had to think about it is all. But now I have heard Zexion say that Riku caused the islands' destruction? He opened the door to darkness? Is this true or more of his tricks? And if it is true, did he really mean the door to darkness, or was it metaphorical? I remember a wooden door in the secret place.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I think I understand, had to think about it is all. But now I have heard Zexion say that Riku caused the islands' destruction? He opened the door to darkness? Is this true or more of his tricks? And if it is true, did he really mean the door to darkness, or was it metaphorical? I remember a wooden door in the secret place.
Riku opened the Destiny Islands' door, letting the Heartless in. So Zexion wasn't being metaphorical when saying Riku is responsible for the world's "destruction."

OkaruAudo

Riku opened the Destiny Islands' door, letting the Heartless in. So Zexion wasn't being metaphorical when saying Riku is responsible for the world's "destruction."

Thank you for answering me, so to sum it up, Zexion wanted to kill Riku in a different way and so he toyed with Riku's mind. Then he shrouded Riku in light and Naminé told him to use both darkness and light because the darkness won't take over as long as he stays strong. So with the darkness he defeated Zexion and that was their interaction. Thank you guys so much, now I understand it all, and since my questions have been answered, how do I close this thread?

P.S. I do have all this correct right?

hlc1988

Awards

I think Riku was the one who let the darkness onto the islands, opened the door...He just didn't realise what the consequences were. It was, I think, implied in KH1 too?

EDIT: someone answered above lol

OkaruAudo

I think Riku was the one who let the darkness onto the islands, opened the door...He just didn't realise what the consequences were. It was, I think, implied in KH1 too?

EDIT: someone answered above lol

I think it might have been implied, I wasn't paying much attention I suppose. Thank you guys. I'm already loving this site, everybody is so nice and willing to help!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Thank you for answering me, so to sum it up, Zexion wanted to kill Riku in a different way and so he toyed with Riku's mind. Then he shrouded Riku in light and Naminé told him to use both darkness and light because the darkness won't take over as long as he stays strong. So with the darkness he defeated Zexion and that was their interaction. Thank you guys so much, now I understand it all, and since my questions have been answered, how do I close this thread?

P.S. I do have all this correct right?
Sounds about right.

Sudden thought. Zexion (back when he was a kid) was the one who suggested the basement laboratory. After which is when Apprentice Xehanort and the others started kidnapping and experimenting on the townsfolk, then the rest of the evil stuff happened.
I wonder if maybe Ienzo/Zexion felt responsible for it. And if so, then he parallels Riku which gives an interesting reason why Zexion chose to use Riku's guilt against him (Zexion was actually expressing his own guilt.)
Takes one to know one after all.

OkaruAudo

Sounds about right.

Sudden thought. Zexion (back when he was a kid) was the one who suggested the basement laboratory. After which is when Apprentice Xehanort and the others started kidnapping and experimenting on the townsfolk, then the rest of the evil stuff happened.
I wonder if maybe Ienzo/Zexion felt responsible for it. And if so, then he parallels Riku which gives an interesting reason why Zexion chose to use Riku's own guilt against him. Takes one to know one after all.

That's a pretty clever thought, although I haven't played BBS and you seem to be heading there with that idea, so I don't know much. I still have a few more games to play before BBS.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
-Spoilers ahead-

I'm playing Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories on the Reverse/Rebirth mode with Riku, and it has me super confused. I have tried to Google this and can't find a single thing so if anybody could help I would appreciate it.

When Lexaeus was killed by Riku, Axel and Zexion were seen talking, and Zexion said he had no use for Riku anymore, that he became a nuisance. Axel reminded Zexion that Riku was dangerous to which Zexion replied with a reminder that that wasn't how he did things. Did he mean killing wasn't the way he went about things?

And then what confused me even more, why did Zexion choose to make Riku feel miserable? He tried to make him feel guilty as if it would accomplish something, but what was his purpose? How was he going to get rid of Riku?

He could have probably convinced Riku to destroy himself.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
That's a pretty clever thought, although I haven't played BBS and you seem to be heading there with that idea, so I don't know much. I still have a few more games to play before BBS.
...Crud, I hope I didn't just spoil. I feel like I did.:(
But to answer, don't worry I wasn't. My theory comes from something in KHII that's a little easy to miss. But since I don't know how much you know I'll shut up about it for now.

OkaruAudo

...Crud, I hope I didn't just spoil. I feel like I did.:(
But to answer, don't worry I wasn't. My theory comes from something in KHII that's a little easy to miss. But since I don't know how much you know I'll shut up about it for now.

No, please don't feel bad. I won't lie, that was a little more than I wanted to know, but it also wasn't too big of a spoiler. In fact I forgot most of what you said already, since I know virtually nothing about that game. It's alright, thanks for being so helpful!

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Sounds about right.

I wonder if maybe Ienzo/Zexion felt responsible for it. And if so, then he parallels Riku which gives an interesting reason why Zexion chose to use Riku's guilt against him (Zexion was actually expressing his own guilt.)
Takes one to know one after all.

Exactly, but guilt trips can only work for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back