• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

TheOtherPromise

Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - Coming First on PS4

So do you guys think it really is a game? Some people on different forums are thinking that it might be a movie.
It has to be a game. At the end of the commercial it says "play it first on PS4".

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

I'm totally down for revamped gameplay, I'm just more concerned with the story and world staying in tact.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I wonder if we'll learn more tonight at Square Enix's conference? We're pretty much bound to, right?

Also, despite being multi-platform, PS4 is obviously the lead platform. It's gonna be PS4/PC and then a half-decent Xbox One port just like with XV if Episode "Runs at 12 fps on Xbox One" Duscae is anything to go by.

Shogo-Kun

Awards

I'm down for this! Now I'll finally be able to see what the big deal is about this damn game... Just as soon as I put down the money for a PS4.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I'm totally down for revamped gameplay, I'm just more concerned with the story and world staying in tact.

I'm 100% expecting some minor changes so Crisis, Dirge, and Before Crisis all still fit into the universe (and for the eventual FFVII-2 sequel because I fully believe there is still one more story they want to tell in that world).

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Oh, I missed the play at the end. Neo Gaff crashed which is not surprising. :D Did this really happen guys? I still can`t believe it... Last Guardian, FFVII Re..Man...

I`m fine if they change the gampelay or anything. I kinda just wish that they keep the goofy and silly parts of the original.

Oh, also does this mean that the trolling last year was planned, so they could surprise us with this? :D

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards

i know but if norura the director works on ff7 that maens he cant focus on kh

KH3 is damn near being finished. If anything they're just going through QA testing right now. That being said, Nomura working on FFVII won't delay anything. Except maybe his longevity since he's aged 30 years since starting on KH.

zachen

Awards

Well. Square isn't going to be facing financial hardship anymore.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

KH3 is damn near being finished. If anything they're just going through QA testing right now.

There's no confirmation of that, and I personally find that extremely unlikely. We've only had rough, press-only release events for the game, that doesn't imply anything is remotely close to done. I hope we'll learn more tomorrow, but "damn near finished?" No way.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

Anybody else have their mind fucking blown by E3? Jesus Christ. Final Fantasy VII remake finally happens after years of asking. Shenmue 3 finally happens after years of asking. The Last Guardian will finally be released after years of asking.

I can't even explain how excited I am. I'm going to have to buy a PS4 to play FFVII now, I can't wait for a PC port.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

I hate to admit it, but I'm so damn hyped right now!!

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards

There's no confirmation of that, and I personally find that extremely unlikely. We've only had rough, press-only release events for the game, that doesn't imply anything is remotely close to done. I hope we'll learn more tomorrow, but "damn near finished?" No way.

The only reason I say that is because I'm sure Nomura has gotten smarter over the duration of KH's lifespan. The guy already tried to take on 2 projects at once (see: ffxv) and ultimately had to hand it off to someone else. So I'm fully expecting a late 2016 release for KH3. There's also the fact that SE's PR team doesn't like give away too much too soon. I mean FFXIV: Heavensward comes out next week and we're literally just getting PRELIMINARY info tomorrow.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The only reason I say that is because I'm sure Nomura has gotten smarter over the duration of KH's lifespan. The guy already tried to take on 2 projects at once (see: ffxv) and ultimately had to hand it off to someone else. So I'm fully expecting a late 2016 release for KH3. There's also the fact that SE's PR team doesn't like give away too much too soon. I mean FFXIV: Heavensward comes out next week and we're literally just getting PRELIMINARY info tomorrow.
Versus XIII was plagued by misfortune by the team having to go and fix FFXIV, and then he couldn't talk or show anything from it because it had become a PS4 title and the PS4 wasn't even announced yet.

The decision for Square Enix to remove Nomura from his own title is very odd, since it's not his fault that it was vapourware for years, but at least they still show confidence in his abilities by assigning him director over FFVII and KH3.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Part of me can't help but wonder if Nomura was booted off FFXV because SE was desperate enough to try a FFVII remake, and wanted someone familiar with it at the helm. Though, maybe that's just wishful thinking since I want to believe Nomura wasn't booted off of FFXV because of the time span.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Wait, so Nomura is directing this, and the title which Toriyma has been working on is not this? I wonder what he is doing(all thou FFXV and FFVII remake kinda won`t make me care about it, I guess....) :D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Wait, so Nomura is directing this, and the title which Toriyma has been working on is not this? I wonder what he is doing(all thou FFXV and FFVII remake kinda won`t make me care about it, I guess....) :D
Toriyama's title is either not released yet or the World of Final Fantasy.

Sdog

Awards

Toriyama's title is either not released yet or the World of Final Fantasy.

I hope his title isn't WoFF... though as long as he's happy working on it, s'all good.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Let's hope for a speedy and non-glitched development!
LOS ANGELES (June 15, 2015) – At Sony Computer Entertainment of America LLC’s (SCEA) E3 press conference today, SQUARE ENIX® announced that it has begun production on the full remake of FINAL FANTASY® VII for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system.

Leading the development will be key members from the original project, including producer Yoshinori Kitase, director Tetsuya Nomura and scenario writer Kazushige Nojima.

First released in 1997 on the PlayStation® computer entertainment system, FINAL FANTASY VII is universally regarded as a hallmark title of the RPG genre. The original title received high praise for its epic storyline, unique characters, and movie sequences that utilized the most cutting-edge technology of the time. Since then, the game has sold over 11 million copies worldwide and continues to receive widespread acclaim from critics and fans around the world. The popular game has even expanded into spin-offs, films, and merchandise.

More updates on this project will be revealed at a later time.

Back