• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Images found in Chi background files

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Not entirely sure if anyone else has looked through the game's map files yet, but there's quite a few peculiar items in there, some with more reason to be there than others. I thought it'd be interesting to take a look at them, so here are some of the ones I've found so far!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I can only assume that might have been one of the earlier maps created for the game, hence why all this random character artwork was thrown in there. That Alice is a bit less detailed than the one we saw in the first screenshot released for the game. Looks like they were trying out a much simpler style back in the early days!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Larger versions of the in-game artwork can be found here!

This one was just posted up on our Chi twitter a few hours ago:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Maybe they intended on using this as a reference of sorts or planned on including Sephiroth at one point, but uh...
I'd like to know the thought process that went into making the decision for this.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Hey look, it's Snow White and the Prince! You'd never know they were there because of all the trees in the way!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Again, I'm assuming this was being used as some sort of reference for the actual scene taking place there, but Snow White is unbelievably creepy here.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
It's so interesting to see the beta works before the finalized work. The Alice in Wonderland characters look so much better. Prince Charming holding the long sword is just hilarious. I can probably see why they were using him as reference because of his eyes.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
tTifB1q.png

Put him over Snow White and...We've got ourselves a FFVII remake!

[video=youtube;t7wJ8pE2qKU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7wJ8pE2qKU[/video]

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
tTifB1q.png

I'm pretty sure this is a joke based on the fact that Toshiyuki Morikawa voices both the Prince and Sephiroth.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Starring Snow White as Aerith. Wait, what?
I don't know how I should feel about the Prince holding the Masamune, it's... ridiculous and scary at the same time. And the fact that this is found in the Underworld...
*imagines a scenario where the Prince was a prisoner in the Underworld, all the stress made his hair go white, years passed and his hair got longer, he turned into another Sephiroth over time and... decided to get a new haircut once he escaped the Underworld?* This... is inconsistent.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I think I posted about the Prince last year, maybe it's also a Sephipooh reference, I don't know.:wink:

The old character sprites on the court map confirm that the game was probably already finished content-wise, they are just releasing it very slowly.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I always love being able to see the beta versions of stuff.

Again, I'm assuming this was being used as some sort of reference for the actual scene taking place there, but Snow White is unbelievably creepy here.
All bow before sideways-floating zombie Snow White. (Seriously Snow, your supposed to be dead/asleep. Shut your dang eyes, it's creepy!)

tTifB1q.png

Ah man, my sides! XD

I'm pretty sure this is a joke based on the fact that Toshiyuki Morikawa voices both the Prince and Sephiroth.
I did not know this. Now I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back