• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lonbilly's #BlazingSummer Writing Contest Entries of Entropy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Since entropy = "gradual decline into disorder" I feel that is fitting for my entries for the summer writing contest as well as my life in general.

I'll be posting my stuff here. And I actually plan on writing stuff this year unlike last time I said I would lol oops

Lonbilly

Awards
Finally polished my piece to a state that I feel more confident about submitting it. I had originally started this piece for the 20 minutes or less category, but it 1) wasn't really finished by the end of my time limit, 2) started to evolve into something completely different than I initially had in mind and 3) required a lot more polishing and details than I initially had put into it. It still feels, to me, very much like the fragment of a much bigger story, but overall, I feel like it works enough as its own story as well, albeit lacking some ideas I'd like to further explore on a larger scale of the story.

So yeah. It feels nice to be writing again, since in the last few months, I've been so busy with other things I haven't really made time for myself to write. But now I have the perfect excuse <3

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Linda is downright awesome and made me smile a bit. Poor guy couldn't even get a word in. I'm extremely curious what her kind happens to be. I'll admit it was both amusing and a little creepy how much the waitress was speaking to Linda. I know waitresses like their customers to order food for their tips instead of just sitting there and drinking coffee... but, it was strange and maybe, just maybe she was under the cloak? Then again, I don't know if it was male or female. Anyhow, this was awesome and definitely a fun read. :D I can easily imagine it leading to something bigger as well! (Should you write more of it in the future!)

Lonbilly

Awards
Linda is downright awesome and made me smile a bit. Poor guy couldn't even get a word in. I'm extremely curious what her kind happens to be. I'll admit it was both amusing and a little creepy how much the waitress was speaking to Linda. I know waitresses like their customers to order food for their tips instead of just sitting there and drinking coffee... but, it was strange and maybe, just maybe she was under the cloak? Then again, I don't know if it was male or female. Anyhow, this was awesome and definitely a fun read. :D I can easily imagine it leading to something bigger as well! (Should you write more of it in the future!)

Thanks KitKat! I actually am totes thinking about expanding the story in some form much later on, since as I was writing it, I began thinking of more and more things I could do with it, and left some seeds relating to such in it. Glad you liked Linda, as well. The main thing I try to strive for in my stories is to try and have enjoyable and fleshed out characters.

Lonbilly

Awards
Have a new entry. I've had a weird story idea for quite some time revolving around a sort-of big cast of charactrs, and so I decided to dabble a bit in that idea for this entry. It's pretty much just a fragment from the beginning of the idea that I had but I felt like anything else would have needed a LOT more context. Although, I will admit, it was a little hard at the end to make sure the story was exactly at 1,000 words, no more and no less lol.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Upon reading this, I wish it were a whole lot longer than a thousand words. It was so dang good and hooked me right in! Apart of me thought the war might of been the one in harry potter, but it feels different and something else entirely; it makes me long to know what this fantasy world is like and why magic is frowned upon so much. I really like Telah, cause it's sweet how she dotes on her grandpa and loves his stories. I wonder what will happen when she realizes all of the stories were true and discovers the powers she has within herself. As for Adero, I feel like denying that part of herself is a hardship for her too. In any case, I really enjoyed this story and hope you write more of it one day too. xD

And you're welcome for the review/feedback. C:

Lonbilly

Awards
Upon reading this, I wish it were a whole lot longer than a thousand words. It was so dang good and hooked me right in! Apart of me thought the war might of been the one in harry potter, but it feels different and something else entirely; it makes me long to know what this fantasy world is like and why magic is frowned upon so much. I really like Telah, cause it's sweet how she dotes on her grandpa and loves his stories. I wonder what will happen when she realizes all of the stories were true and discovers the powers she has within herself. As for Adero, I feel like denying that part of herself is a hardship for her too. In any case, I really enjoyed this story and hope you write more of it one day too. xD

And you're welcome for the review/feedback. C:

I definitely plan on expanding it. Adero's family is just one of the main plotlines I had an idea for in the story. Who knows, maybe I'll take up one of the other challenges with another scene set in this story, just from a different POV/group.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I really appreciate getting feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back