• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chibi's Corner: Blazing Summer Writing Contest (2015)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
My first story of the summer contest! This is based on fun I actually had (and HAVE BEEN having) at recent and past anime conventions. My friends and I sit down by an area with chairs and set up a little shop...a shop where we give out free Sharpie tattoos of whatever the person wants! It started with us asking a simple but inappropriate question to passersby as we sat and tried to stave off boredom:

"Which is more offensive of these two symbols, and are you brave enough to let us draw it on you?"

I won't say what the symbols WERE, per say...but it really started something. Now we all sit around with our individual tattoo catalogs and pass out free tattoos to anyone who we can catch! So without further ado, why don't you just hear me out on my little embellished adventure?

1,000 Words Story
644 words
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

ChibiHearts249

Awards
This here's my second entry in the contest. I've been kinda stumped to figure out what is is I was going to do, but I got some inspiration from a little friend of mine I received over the weekend.

This story takes place in the .Hack universe: which is an alternate version of today inside an online MMORPG simply called The World. Based on the epic poem by Emma Wielant, The Epitaph of Twilight; Harald Hoerwick aspires to create a game that will nurture the ultimate AI to prevent a second global network crisis. The first crisis was cased by a virus named Pluto's Kiss, and this completely accidental attack caused millions to die as computers all across the planet shut down simultaneously. Space shuttles, traffic lights, hospitals, and even any bank assets were completely blacked out. Half the world's stock market was halved: which is worse than the assets spent on two World Wars. But progress marches on, and two years later during the fictional setting of 2010 the Ultimate OS is created and Harald creates his game so that he may perfect his AI through the information gathered from the 20 million odd players of the game.

The World R:1 takes place in a setting of monsters and magic. I'm going to be placing my setting in the version I know best though - The World R:2. This is in a steam era where mounted animals are being traded in preference to the new steam bikes for transportation and the cities such as the root town of Mac Anu have become much more populated by the human and beast races and have been indstrialized. There's less magic in the land as the monsters and spirits are leaving it, but the Lost Grounds are still places where it can be found. They are protected zones both beautiful and remorseful as most are in ruin, but it's easy to feel the power they once held.

This is a little adventure of my PC (Player Character) in this version of the game. Please enjoy!

Alternate Universe/Timey Wimey
Two-Shot
Spoiler Spoiler Show

(I'm keeping this short as I'm going to put the other half of the two-shot up soon. I don't have the time to write it all immediately.)

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Chibi, you made my night. I absolutely can't wait to read the second half! To think Kimra was a former PKK and has to face off her old partner is both intense and exciting! I love the new World they're in. Especially knowing they're on the look out for bugs/glitches/anomalies too. And I really like how you described everything so well without interrupting the flow of the story. The chemistry of the characters so far are awesome too. If you ever decide to write more of this in the future, you know I'll read it in a heart beat! :D <3

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Chibi, you made my night. I absolutely can't wait to read the second half! To think Kimra was a former PKK and has to face off her old partner is both intense and exciting! I love the new World they're in. Especially knowing they're on the look out for bugs/glitches/anomalies too. And I really like how you described everything so well without interrupting the flow of the story. The chemistry of the characters so far are awesome too. If you ever decide to write more of this in the future, you know I'll read it in a heart beat! :D <3
Thank you so much X3 I'm incredibly proud of this story so far: I've been having a rough time with my muse of late, and I was hoping that finally bringing a REALLY OLD character of mine back to life would help inspire me. I've never used Kimra in this setting before, but no matter what story she's in she's always got her 2 daggers.

I wrote this right after I woke up, so the original was pretty rough. If grammar mistakes were bullet holes this thing would be swiss cheese! XD I'm really glad you like it, though. I'll be trying to get out the second half today. I meant to do it all in one sitting, but I've got no place to store it and I didn't have much time, so rather than make you wait I went ahead and put out this first half ^_^

Bad storms comin in today. Hope I retain my power. It's gonna be ugly.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Here's part 2!

Alternate Universe/Timey Wimey
Two-Shot
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sorry the edit is so late. Been a bit busy! It's finished now, though. I hope you like it~

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Chibi-chan, you break my heart with that kind of ending! ;w; *sniffs* It was so perfect, beautiful and amazing. Kimra coming to those kinds of revelations and sticking to her goals, even in the end to protect Zena was phenomenal! I'm actually a little taken aback that Zena would help her friends before the black thing came after them and hurt them too. I don't have words to describe it, but this has a special place in my heart and makes me love The World that much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back