• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Preparation for Sephiroth?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
My goal is to obtain the Fenrir Keyblade, but I'm having a hard time getting myself prepared for Sephiroth.

1: Leveling up not only takes a long time,but I keep trying to find the best place to level up faster. I tried equipping the Gullwing Keyblade, but I was too close to dying, and it's very very very very weak (Not as weak as Sweet Memories anyway.) Is there anyway I can boost up my EXP or find another place to get EXP faster?

2: EXP is giving a major problem with Drive Forms too, I honestly have no idea to max out my drive forms faster without messing around in The World That Never Was, and never have I gotten Final Form in a long long time. I tried watching walkthroughs, tips, and other videos to obtain it but no luck. Now I can't max out all my growth abilities, unless I want to spend two entire days trying.

3: I am not the best at guarding, reflecting, and dodging, so I may experience many problems trying to defeat Sephiroth without losing 50% of my HP. This may be a small problem.

Anyways, it took me two weeks TRYING to do all this stuff but I wasn't even close to maxing everything out.

I am level 57.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
1) If you want to avoid TWTNW, just go to the pride lands and the area where you fight Scar and there should be a bunch of heartless that if you clear them all give you I think 32,000 EXP.

2) For Valor/Limit form you can just beat up the mushroom in Agrabah in the room where all the gold is at. Master Form I got it level up in Mulan's world just outside the throne room. I will highly suggest getting glide for Sephy but it's doable with Aerial dodge and dodge roll. Don't worry about leveling up wisdom form for Sephy cause quick run isn't too useful.

3) I don't remember guarding much but I was just a high enough level where I can survive taking a lot of hits and just hitting back. So if you level up near 70 you can basically survive most of his swings of the sword. But Sephiroth attacks aren't too hard to figure out because he even makes a sound when he teleports which means dodge roll. The only time I remember reflecting is when he does his attack with the black sphere but that's pretty easy to avoid with minimal damage.

Wish you the best.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
1) If you want to avoid TWTNW, just go to the pride lands and the area where you fight Scar and there should be a bunch of heartless that if you clear them all give you I think 32,000 EXP.

2) For Valor/Limit form you can just beat up the mushroom in Agrabah in the room where all the gold is at. Master Form I got it level up in Mulan's world just outside the throne room. I will highly suggest getting glide for Sephy but it's doable with Aerial dodge and dodge roll. Don't worry about leveling up wisdom form for Sephy cause quick run isn't too useful.

3) I don't remember guarding much but I was just a high enough level where I can survive taking a lot of hits and just hitting back. So if you level up near 70 you can basically survive most of his swings of the sword. But Sephiroth attacks aren't too hard to figure out because he even makes a sound when he teleports which means dodge roll. The only time I remember reflecting is when he does his attack with the black sphere but that's pretty easy to avoid with minimal damage.

Wish you the best.

Thank you, and what about Final Form?

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Thank you, and what about Final Form?

In terms of usefulness or how to train it? In usefulness it's great to have but I'm pretty sure you can stop his "make you have 1 HP/O MP" attack by aerial dodging to Sephy.

To train it just go through TWTNW about 3-4 times and you'll get it to level 7 quickly.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
In terms of usefulness or how to train it? In usefulness it's great to have but I'm pretty sure you can stop his "make you have 1 HP/O MP" attack by aerial dodging to Sephy.

To train it just go through TWTNW about 3-4 times and you'll get it to level 7 quickly.
Okie dokie, thanks! But, I'll still need a few more tips as I level up more.

BlazeHeatnix

My tips:

1) I have a much better idea for leveling, because the Heartless on Pride Rock most of the time don't show up and there's only one, so it's not very consistent. If you want to level up fast, the best thing to do is to equip Gull Wing, and run through TWTNW's castle back and forth. You'll level up at least twice per loop. At your level it'd probably be more like 4 times.

2) For Valor form, go to the mushroom in Agrabah, and equip Oathkeeper+Star Seeker. Activate it, wail on it, leave when your drive almost runs out and repeat. For Wisdom form, go to Timeless River, equip Oathkeeper, and switch Goofy's attack style to "Sora Attack". Go to the pier and use Magnet+Thunder on the Heartless there. At later levels you can use TWTNW's city instead. For Limit form, go back to the mushroom at Agrabah. Activate him, run back and use as many Sonic Raves as you can before your drive runs out. For Master form, head to Yuletide Hill in Halloween Town and equip Oathkeeper+Follow The Wind, and have as many Draw abilities as you can. Hit the carousel, suck up the drive orbs when the Heartless hit it, and repeat. For Final form, equip Oathkeeper+Bond of Flame and run through Twilight Town's mansion spamming Firaga all over the place for fast kills.

3) The best way to approach Sephiroth is to equip the Ultima Weapon and spam Trinity Limit on him. When he starts his combo, guard then use Counterguard and wail on him. When he knocks you into the air, counter with Retaliating Slash when he reappears. When he uses the orbs, use Reflega. Other than that, have Curaga in your shortcuts, the Second Chance/Once More/Leaf Bracer abilities, and practice dodge maneuvers as best you can.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
My tips:

1) I have a much better idea for leveling, because the Heartless on Pride Rock most of the time don't show up and there's only one, so it's not very consistent. If you want to level up fast, the best thing to do is to equip Gull Wing, and run through TWTNW's castle back and forth. You'll level up at least twice per loop. At your level it'd probably be more like 4 times.

2) For Valor form, go to the mushroom in Agrabah, and equip Oathkeeper+Star Seeker. Activate it, wail on it, leave when your drive almost runs out and repeat. For Wisdom form, go to Timeless River, equip Oathkeeper, and switch Goofy's attack style to "Sora Attack". Go to the pier and use Magnet+Thunder on the Heartless there. At later levels you can use TWTNW's city instead. For Limit form, go back to the mushroom at Agrabah. Activate him, run back and use as many Sonic Raves as you can before your drive runs out. For Master form, head to Yuletide Hill in Halloween Town and equip Oathkeeper+Follow The Wind, and have as many Draw abilities as you can. Hit the carousel, suck up the drive orbs when the Heartless hit it, and repeat. For Final form, equip Oathkeeper+Bond of Flame and run through Twilight Town's mansion spamming Firaga all over the place for fast kills.

3) The best way to approach Sephiroth is to equip the Ultima Weapon and spam Trinity Limit on him. When he starts his combo, guard then use Counterguard and wail on him. When he knocks you into the air, counter with Retaliating Slash when he reappears. When he uses the orbs, use Reflega. Other than that, have Curaga in your shortcuts, the Second Chance/Once More/Leaf Bracer abilities, and practice dodge maneuvers as best you can.
Thanks too for the tip, I'll use them both and more if future posts show up.

SquarePhoenix

Awards
North of normal. East of eerie. South of strange.
Once you reach Lv.100 you'd be surprised by how easy Sephiroth "can" be.
Remember to spam triangle as soon as the battle starts.
If you can afford to use Elixirs, then equip as many as you can. (You won't need that many, but just in case)
From there, alternate between Reflectega and attacking.
Also, don't forget to equip your best accessories and most importantly, try not to panic.
Otherwise, you should be golden.
Good luck! : )

Last edited:

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
Sephiroth is really, really, really easy in FM because of Limit Form.

For the first phase, just guard, guard break and Zantetsuken. Keep close to him and he will only use his melee. If you hit his revenge value and he teleports, just Reflect or dodge roll out of the way. Repeat.

Strike Raid stuns him all the time, and allows you to heal from a distance. No need to waste your elixers and MP. It also completely seals off his Heartless Angel.

Then there is Ars Arcanum. Just don't use the finisher and use ethers/elixers in between. You can combo lock him so easily. Just reflect/dodge when he teleports.

Within 1-3 minutes you can reach his last phase. Leave Limit Form, quick run/glide/reflect his meteor move and any orb stragglers, combo lock him with Trinity Limit and ethers/elixers, go back into Limit Form when your MP finishes and kill him with Ars Arcanum spam.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh I forgot, I never unlocked Final Form yet, I mean I HAVE on the Xigbar battle, but I died.

BlazeHeatnix

The quickest way to unlock Final form is equip the Two Become One keyblade. You should've gotten it from Roxas. Using any Drive while using that will give either Final or Anti form. Do this during the Xigbar battle or better yet, after beating him go to the Coliseum and do it.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
The quickest way to unlock Final form is equip the Two Become One keyblade. You should've gotten it from Roxas. Using any Drive while using that will give either Final or Anti form. Do this during the Xigbar battle or better yet, after beating him go to the Coliseum and do it.
I've beaten Xigbar and the entire game, and thanks!

Meh, I can't seem to find the place where I fought Scar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Meh, I can't seem to find the place where I fought Scar.

You have to go into the cave in Pride Rock and you'll find another path leading up from there. Unfortunately, the grinding spot has been nerfed quite a bit in the remake (they don't always spawn, and they drop HP orbs making it hard to stay in critical HP - make sure to turn off Draw but it might not be enough), but you can use it to a degree. That 32 000 EXP is nothing to sniff at.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
You have to go into the cave in Pride Rock and you'll find another path leading up from there. Unfortunately, the grinding spot has been nerfed quite a bit in the remake (they don't always spawn, and they drop HP orbs making it hard to stay in critical HP - make sure to turn off Draw but it might not be enough), but you can use it to a degree. That 32 000 EXP is nothing to sniff at.
Went, there and only one popped out, and I tried 4 more times, one still pops up *sigh*

Anyways, I'm trying to obtain Final Form, but it keeps turning me into AntiForm.

BlazeHeatnix

Use my method if you want to level up. As for getting Final form, use the Coliseum and keep resetting the match if you get Antiform instead. It'll reset your Drive gauge.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Use my method if you want to level up. As for getting Final form, use the Coliseum and keep resetting the match if you get Antiform instead. It'll reset your Drive gauge.
Will I get Final Form even if I lose? Because I am terrible at time limits in The Cerberus Cup.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I can tell you. You will get and keep the form even if you get the frick out out of it. I used Cerb Cup, having beat it long ago, and it worked even tho I backed out.
I surprisingly beat the Cerberus Cup by spamming Final Form.

Just...... wow......

Anywayyyyyy, Valor form's max level is 6, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back