• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite Trio?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleena

I know this must be a common thread topic but honestly, what do you guys think and why?

SRK: I think this trio has a pretty strong relationship, I mean, you basically spend the first two games looking for them. And they definetly have had their moments.

TAV: Now, I get why people might like this trio so much but honestly, the whole game is Aqua chasing after Terra and Ven. Even with the whole "Friends Forever" thing, the only big thing that happened in their relationship was Aqua falling into the RoD. And that was because she was sorta "forced" to. Don't get me wrong, Aqua and Ven are some of my favorite characters in the series, but their trio doesn't really "click".

RAX: I must say, this trio has had the most bonding out of all three. All those days watching the sunset together, eating ice cream, "laughing and talking about the stupidest things together." I feel as if these three were the true embodiment of friendship.Their relationship was one that made me shed a couple tears.

I must pick RAX.

(I'm not including SDG in this bc ya)

Anagram

Banned
I definitely go for the original SKR trio. But I prefer KH1 most as a whole.
When it comes to other trios I usually only like one member or I'm indifferent to their existence entirely.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
As far as the strongest relationship between on all sides, I would say RAX even if it still feels more like Axel acting brotherly/fatherly to two kids than three friends. I like the characters in the SRK trio better than the other two trios (minus Kairi), but Kairi and Riku have a very weak and/or unexplored relationship with one another compared to Sora/Kairi and Sora/Riku. TAV would be dead last for me. The relationship always felt a little forced to me, and Aqua is the only member I like (moderately). Terra's alright, but Ventus is unbearable.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Hands down SDG. Those three have the best chemistry in the entire series aside from RAX. We actually get to see Sora's relationship with both Donald and Goofy get fleshed out. They went through a lot of trials such as in Hollow Bastion and Chain of Memories. But overcoming that just made their bond that much stronger

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
tumblr_lm8wgm8QHh1qfl8r7o1_500.gif

These three dorks are my absolute favorite, but in terms of original character trios...

If Sora, Riku, and Kairi had a stronger on-screen friendship rather than it coming off like Sora-Riku, SoraxKairi, and thinly connected Riku-Kairi, they would be my all-time favorite trio. The problem with them is that we are told they are really good friends rather than shown so it is hard to defend them as a solid trio. This is something I want KH3 to fix.

TAV have my heart because they are ridiculously tragic. That said, they sort of suffer the same "told, not shown" thing but not to the same degree SRK do. The difference from SRK is that TAV's actions are driven by their friendship and try to protect each other but often fail because they are going about it the wrong way.

In terms of the most well developed friendship in this series, that would go to RAX despite how much I dislike Days.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Oh, was SDG not meant to be included? Well in that case I'd go with RAX for reasons that other's pointed out.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I love SDG for many, many reasons.

But the best trio is Sora, Ventus, and Roxas >:)

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Besides SDG, it's RAX.
SRK doesn't feel like a trio anymore, and TAV...I don't feel any chemistry between them.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
SDG would be my choice as well since it's the only trio that can be amusing. SRK as a trio barely gets any time together as a trio, TAV's dynamics were..... cringe worthy in a way. Saddening with how they ended up but still pretty cringeworthy. RAX had more time on screen as a trio so I'd probably choose them.

Tbh, these trios each have their own specific flaws in it that leaves me not really caring about the trios in general by how they're portrayed. Either it's one member of the trio dragging down the rest of the members in likability or something else.

Last edited:

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Well I don't really have a favorite trio of original character because they really don't share much time on screen together barring Axel/Roxas/Xion. My vote goes for Sora/Riku/Kairi I guess because there is at least 2 strong connection in the group which is good enough for me.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Does Xehanort-Ansem-Xemnas constitue a trio? If so, then this is my favorite. And by Xehanort, I mean the Apprentice. Don't get me wrong, I like the old coot, but I learned to like Apprenticenort more than Master Xehanort, seeing as how we initially thought the man behind everything was Apprentice Xehanort, and not an old man possessing someone else's body.
But more onto the trio: I've always liked villains, so Ansem and Xemnas are my favorites of the KH characters. Ansem is cool and all, but I prefer Xemnas. I dunno. I just don't like Ansem. Xemnas is cooler, to me. I like his weapon and their name: the Ethereal Blades. Just listen to that: ethereal. It's an intimidating read. Also his position in Organization XIII: the Superior of the In-Between.
All in all, both Ansem and Xemnas have instilled fear during their era, but this is Xehanort's time to shine and try and reshape the world to his ideals.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ballad's response reminded me of other trios we've seen in this series.

HPO is interesting because they are cute school friends with their own little abandoned hangout. If the digital Twilight Town is an accurate representation of their real interaction with the townspeople, then they are rather well known rascals. In some ways they are probably the best trio of friends in the series, and I'd love to see more of them in KH3 just to see how they work as a group of friends.

As for a weird trio that actually does interact, though not on a friendship level, is Xemnas, Xigbar, and Saix. I think you could consider them a scheming trio who play off each other well. Saix has absolutely stuffed emotions into the "Completely Impossible" part of his mind and dutifully believes this. He'd probably be the Logos of the trio. In the other corner we have Xigbar who constantly teases and tries to get emotional response from others like Saix knowing full well what he is doing, making him the Pathos side. Xemnas neither condones or promotes their behavior, but he allows it to continue. He speaks in a level tone but also with a strange level of passion and conviction that makes him a strong leader which can only make him Ethos. They plan, they scheme ways to gain more members and control the ones they have, all-the-while knowing exactly what their end goal is.

Does Xehanort-Ansem-Xemnas constitue a trio? If so, then this is my favorite. And by Xehanort, I mean the Apprentice. Don't get me wrong, I like the old coot, but I learned to like Apprenticenort more than Master Xehanort, seeing as how we initially thought the man behind everything was Apprentice Xehanort, and not an old man possessing someone else's body.
But more onto the trio: I've always liked villains, so Ansem and Xemnas are my favorites of the KH characters. Ansem is cool and all, but I prefer Xemnas. I dunno. I just don't like Ansem. Xemnas is cooler, to me. I like his weapon and their name: the Ethereal Blades. Just listen to that: ethereal. It's an intimidating read. Also his position in Organization XIII: the Superior of the In-Between.
All in all, both Ansem and Xemnas have instilled fear during their era, but this is Xehanort's time to shine and try and reshape the world to his ideals.

I think OP meant trios in terms of friendship. I don't think three parts of the same man only seen together in scenes together but not interacting with each other directly really counts. Especially when you are only addressing their individual qualities and not what makes them a strong trio together. Your response is colorful, though.

Hack

SRK all the way!! Because kh 1 was what got me to love the series.

Xemnas neither condones or promotes their behavior, but he allows it to continue. He speaks in a level tone but also with a strange level of passion and conviction that makes him a strong leader which can only make him Ethos.

I'd say he is a rather unethical individual considering what ethos means and that he is the one pulling the strings.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'd say he is a rather unethical individual considering what ethos means and that he is the one pulling the strings.

He's unethical towards people but that doesn't make him any less of an Ethos-based character. He has strong beliefs and influences others to believe in his views. He had a whole organization of people believing they had no hearts and emotions, convinced them that seeking out Hearts was their only solution.

disney233

Awards
RAX is a perfect trio in my opinion, SRK......there's barley it ever since they got off the islands if you think about it to add on what Spockanort said it's mainly, Sora and Riku or Sora and Kairi. And as for TAV......oh dear lord it's a tragic tale. Body taken, heart slept, and trapped in darkness. However SDG is the best trio, they are ones who always stay positive no matter how tough the trials are, and that's how I like it.

Kagayaki

Awards
My favorite is Sora, Riku, and I think Goofy? For the climax of KH2. I was so happy that Riku was finally able to join again, to do what's right.

KHFanatic2010

Sora, Donald and Goofy have always been my favourite trio, the three of them make me laugh and cry in the series!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back