• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► DC Comics Titans/Blackbirds

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Titans/Blackbirds - TNT (Same Parent Company as CW) - 2015? - Different Producers Possibly Different Universe from Flash Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Personally I'm a die hard Teen Titans fan, that's what got me into comics. I'm excited but scared for the show. It seems like it will be very mature, so much so that they might change the name to disconnect it from children (which may lose initial viewers in the process due to lack of name recognition).
The Roster
Robin/Nightwing - Hawk - Dove - Starfire - Raven - Oracle
To me this confirms it won't be for children. Love triangle with Nightwing Starfire and Oracle. Hawk and Dove confirmed to be a couple.
A big issue is what villains to use. Deathstroke, Brother Blood, Clock King, and H.I.V.E. are all taken by Arrow.

I can think of Trigon, Dr. Light, Lords of Chaos (because of Hawk and Dove), Terra (Without Deathstroke) but most of the best people are taken.

Also a lot of household names are missing. Cyborg to the Justice League and Beast Boy to special effects budget.

I've also never seen a DC TV show without the token black person (Yay for token black person. Diggle/Arrow - Joe/Flash Jimmy/Supergirl - Pete/Clark) so I'm hoping they put in Kaldur'ahm-Aqualad

The people behind the show are Marc Haimes (Transfomers 1 and 2, MIB2, and Collateral) and Akiva Goldsman (I Am Legend, A Beautiful Mind, The DaVinci Code, "I, Robot")

Last edited:

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
It's sad that Cyborg cannot join the fray because of the films, but I agree about bringing in Kaldur (and bae Jaime Reyes... TNT could probs afford a nice looking Blue Beetle suit). I know next to nothing about Hawk and Dove, so... I'm pretty interested to see what they even do/what their stories will be like. Kinda low key upset that there's going to be an obligatory love triangle between Dick/Star/Barbara, but I guess it's to be expected (but like, can't they take a hint from the CW's hero shows and not have a love triangle?). I do like that of the six members, four are women, and I would have never expected to see a superhero show on TV with a higher ratio of women superheroes in a team then men.

DC has a very wide and large catalogue of villains they can use, even if it would have been nice to see Vandal, Deathstroke, and H.I.V.E. on Titans (Blackbirds? I dunno, I'm gonna continue calling it Titans).

Kind of hope they don't add in Artemis or Miss Martian, though, as a lot of people are asking for. I'd like to see Artemis in the Legends of Flarrowverse and Miss Martian in Supergirl.

Cannot wait to see Rae wreck everything and everybody, since I still fully believe she's the strongest of this entire group.

Awards
It's sad that Cyborg cannot join the fray because of the films, but I agree about bringing in Kaldur (and bae Jaime Reyes... TNT could probs afford a nice looking Blue Beetle suit). I know next to nothing about Hawk and Dove, so... I'm pretty interested to see what they even do/what their stories will be like. Kinda low key upset that there's going to be an obligatory love triangle between Dick/Star/Barbara, but I guess it's to be expected (but like, can't they take a hint from the CW's hero shows and not have a love triangle?). I do like that of the six members, four are women, and I would have never expected to see a superhero show on TV with a higher ratio of women superheroes in a team then men.

DC has a very wide and large catalogue of villains they can use, even if it would have been nice to see Vandal, Deathstroke, and H.I.V.E. on Titans (Blackbirds? I dunno, I'm gonna continue calling it Titans).

Kind of hope they don't add in Artemis or Miss Martian, though, as a lot of people are asking for. I'd like to see Artemis in the Legends of Flarrowverse and Miss Martian in Supergirl.

Cannot wait to see Rae wreck everything and everybody, since I still fully believe she's the strongest of this entire group.

Blue Beetle would be a great character but unless he's been earmarked for Titans before Season 3 of Arrow I don't think he will be included. The Atom from Arrow was originally supposed to be the 2nd Blue Beetle. Also I think this show is why Arrow's Felicity never officially took the title of Oracle even though that's pretty much her (Remember the Birds of Prey Episode). Really excited for Barbra in this show. Also the Starfire and Raven effects will hopefully be great.

Also I agree this show has a lot of diversity with 4 women and a handicapped member. Should be exciting. Here's hoping the show airs Spring 2016.

I really hope it is in the Flarrowverse (I like that Name, Great Idea) so we can have Deathstroke or atleast Rose (Hopefully he has a real daughter and not that chick they tried to pass off as her).

Awards
Not sure if there was a need for a new thread

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/04/25/titans-and-young-justice-outsiders-to-debut-on-upcoming-dc-branded-digital-service

“Titans” follows a group of young soon-to-be Super Heroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In this action-packed series, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes, including Starfire, Raven and many others. “Titans” is a dramatic, live-action adventure series that will explore and celebrate one of the most popular comic book teams ever.

“Titans” will be written by Akiva Goldsman (“Star Trek: Discovery,” “Underground”), Geoff Johns (President & Chief Creative Officer, DC Entertainment; “The Flash,” “Arrow”) and Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” “The Flash,” “Supergirl”). Goldsman, Johns, Berlanti and Sarah Schechter (“Arrow,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” “The Flash,” “Supergirl”) are executive producers of the series from Weed Road Pictures and Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

In “Young Justice: Outsiders,” the teenage Super Heroes of the DC Universe come of age in an animated world of super-powers, Super-Villains and super secrets. In the highly anticipated new season, the team faces its greatest challenge yet as it takes on meta-human trafficking and the terrifying threat it creates for a society caught in the crossfire of a genetic arms race spanning the globe and the galaxy. Equally praised by critics and viewers for its impressive visuals and rich storytelling, “Young Justice” reached more than 25 million unique viewers in each of its two seasons on Cartoon Network. This passionate fan support set the stage for the new third season.

Sam Register (“Teen Titans Go!,” “Justice League Action”) is executive producer of “Young Justice.” Brandon Vietti (“Batman: Under the Red Hood,” “Superman Doomsday”) and Greg Weisman (“Star Wars Rebels,” “Gargoyles”) are producers of the series, produced by Warner Bros. Animation. Emmy Award winner Phil Bourassa (“Young Justice,” “Justice League Dark,” “Teen Titans: The Judas Contract”) serves as the series’ art director.

Series Will Air Exclusively on Upcoming DC-Branded Direct-to-Consumer Digital Service

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back