• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Unchained X Coming Overseas!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

In todays interview with Famitsu, Kingdom Hearts creator Tetsuya Nomura has said that testing for Kingdom Hearts Unchained X is currently taking place in North America, with feedback from the testers influencing the changes in the game. This means that Kingdom Hearts Unchained X will definitely be coming overseas!

One of the main changes from the North American team is the replacement of the card system. Instead, medals are now equipped to your players avatar and can deal deadly attacks in battle. Nomura also mentions that new servers will be dedicated to overseas fans, and that due to the in-game chat function, the servers will be split into different language versions.

Current players of Kingdom Hearts X need not worry about losing their avatar as it's also been revealed that you can transfer your Avatar from the browser game to Unchained X. You will also be recieving special premium rewards.

You can view our English scan related to the part of Nomura's interview below, as well as a text translation from Kazr10!

Q: KH X's battle uses cards while medals are used in this title.
Nomura: We have incorporated the vision of extending this title overseas. Adjustments have been made using this point of view. When we allow America players to play the test version, the cards in KH X caused it to be recognised as a "card game". While we receive good reviews on the actual gameplay, we don't think that it is positive to have that as the first impression. The first impression of a game is important, so this is the result of use exploring an alternatie to the card system.

Q: You are looking towards extending this overseas. How about the structure and classification of the server?
Nomura: We are planning to add on a new server, but considering the circumstance of the chat function we are thinking of splitting them into different langauge versions.

Q: That seems like fun. By the way, what merits do the current players of KH X have from this game?
Nomura: We are thinking of giving away premiums to those who are playing KH X. As it is our original plan to have an interaction between both titles, this may be our largest problem. Being unable to release them together, there is also a limit to how much we can make them alike since their systems are different. This is one of our common discussions. I personally do not consider them as separate works, so there are plans to add new elements along with KH X as well.

Q: So there are shared elements between the two titles.
Nomura: In KH X, avatar collection is one of the biggest motivation of the game. An avatar is an alternate self of the player when in control of the character. Because of that, we are trying to make it possible to transfer the avatar costumes from KH X to KH Unchained X right from the start. This way, players can have the same feeling of world immersion in both games.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained X releases on smart phones (iOS, Android) in Japan, 2015. An overseas release date is yet to be announced, but stay tuned to KHInsider for all the latest Kingdom Hearts news!

TheCrazyEspeon

I was worried i would end up giving up my level 126 japanese account in order to play unchained keys, but now the fact that you can transfer your player from X[chi] to unchained is very exciting :biggrin:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Ooh. this sounds awesome. Really glad that they let X players transfer their avatars to the mobile version.
Test players in North America ya? I wonder who those test players were? :)

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Hm, but will we be able to transfer our existing characters to an English server? That's the question for players like me.

I'm looking at that tiny note at the bottom. "The equipped costumes [...] increases along as well." Does that mean costumes will be unlocked through a sort of in-game progression system instead of being event prizes?

I'm also curious about this Raid Bosses changing depending on the player thing. I also didn't say before, but I like how the RBs are shown as attacking Daybreak Town. That was vaguely the implication in the web game, but they were mostly seen in that (admittedly cool-looking) dark vortex instead, so the clarification is nice.

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Ah okay. Somehow with Chaser`s post at the other X thread I jumped to the conclusion that you guys had something to do with this. :D Man it is way past midnight here and it appears my brain dosen`t function properly.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Santana_I_Need_a_Moment.gif

I'm so glad that it's official. As soon it was out that chi was getting the smartphone treatment, I knew this would happen, but still, great to have a confirmation as well.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Looks like #ChiToTheWest is victorious! Time to pop the champagne!

So it sounds like they are making some big changes to the battle system. I look forward to hearing more about this!

If it's releasing this summer, I'm thinking maybe, possibly KHIII is coming late 2016 - mid 2017?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yea, now that I think about it, he did say he doesn't consider them as separate works.

Well I was thinking more that Chi was first started in 2013 which was also the year of 1.5 so I don't really think Chi counts under what Nomura had been thinking about when he stated his desire to try and have a game released every year..

But that works too!

Izlude

Awards
@TheCrazyEspeon I too am worried about this transfer business... If I will be able to continue playing the Japanese version + the Western version. I don't want to lose my Japanese avatar. I can imagine it saying "your avatar has been transferred" and then I can't play anymore -_- Please let us keep our old one after the transfer!!!!!!!!!! YES I will be playing both :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back