• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
latest

(Fan-Made Poster)​

Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie was supposed to be the ending this series needed. Following up on the finale, The Journal, it would have chronicled Arnold's search for his parents and gave fans closure.

I've been rewatching this show recently during a nostalgia stint (Hey Arnold, Doug, Pete and Pete, Digimon Adventure), and it still upsets me to this day that we never got a proper ending to this show. Hey Arnold The Movie wasn't even supposed to be a movie, it was supposed to be a three part tv special, while this was supposed to be the only theatrical release. Plans changed to make both theatrical releases though, and after the first movie Craig Bartlett got tied up in contractual issues and The Jungle Movie inevitably got cancelled.

Over the years there have been several rumors of the movie coming back, but with each passing year its release becomes less and less likely. The fanbase is alive though: Hey Arnold's Second Film: Fans Still Fight for It

Craig Bartlett still seems interested in doing the movie, and there is a pretty big fan community that continues to grow that wants to see the movie. I've joined this community, signing the always (seemingly) hopeless petition, joining the facebook page, and writing letters, all methods mentioned in the above article.

Things get cancelled all the time. People are still butthurt about Firefly, but inevitably it got a movie ending. I'm a fan who showed great disappointment in the cancellation of HBO's Bored to Death, but there is supposedly a movie in the works for that series with the intent of wrapping it up. I don't know why, but getting The Jungle Movie made just doesn't feel completely hopeless to me, at least not yet. So if you are interested in seeing it made, I implore you, join the fan community and take the simple steps available to us to show our interest.

If you want to write a letter and didn't read all the way through the article above, here is the nifty image provided to get you on your way:
hey-arnold-s-second-film-fans-still-fight-for-it-you-can-actually-write-to-the-above-add-338263.jpg

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I remember reading somewhere that there was also going to be a spin off show called The Patakis. It was supposed to focus on Helga after Arnold moved away (possibly to live with his parents after the movie). It's kinda funny to think about because Hey Arnold! always paid more attention to the side characters more than Arnold himself, and with this they would have outright removed him for the most part. It's cool to think about what could have been.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I remember reading somewhere that there was also going to be a spin off show called The Patakis. It was supposed to focus on Helga after Arnold moved away (possibly to live with his parents after the movie). It's kinda funny to think about because Hey Arnold! always paid more attention to the side characters more than Arnold himself, and with this they would have outright removed him for the most part. It's cool to think about what could have been.

I remember the idea for The Patakis. Honestly, it probably would have worked. Helga was a deep character. Hey Arnold really dug into the depths of things that we as children dealt with everyday, and laid them on us in the forms of these kids. Helga always looked at her sister as the perfect one that her parents loved, and her parents paid little attention to her. Her mom also showed hints of alcoholism with all of her *ahem* smoothies.

Not that The Patakis would have been super dark, but it still would have had the relateable charm to it that Hey Arnold did. Hey Arnold was by no means a dark show, but rather tackled some dark (or maybe better called "realistic") issues.

I don't know. I think The Jungle Movie would have made a great ending for sure, and The Patakis would have either turned out to be a failed spinoff, or a decent spinoff that gave those who wanted more just enough.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Pray to the Netflix gods.

This has become a legitimate hope in regards to many series. After Aressted Development, I would never put Netflix out of the question.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I remember Hey Arnold. I consider that show plus ATLA to be the two best shows Nick ever came up with.

I was disappointed too that the series never got a proper conclusion. But as much as I would love to see the Jungle Movie happen, I honestly can't see it happening now. The series ended years ago and fan efforts to bring back shows rarely work.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
This has become a legitimate hope in regards to many series. After Aressted Development, I would never put Netflix out of the question.
I think they bring a lot back that we don't even know about. They gave The Killing a final 6 episodes season, which I just found out when I was marathoning the series recently.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I think they bring a lot back that we don't even know about. They gave The Killing a final 6 episodes season, which I just found out when I was marathoning the series recently.

Excuse me? They did WHAT?!?!?! I know how I'm spending tomorrow evening...

I freaking love Netflix. They put almost everything else to shame. If they saved Hey Arnold, I'd be eternally grateful.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Excuse me? They did WHAT?!?!?! I know how I'm spending tomorrow evening...
YES, OH MY GOSH, GO! That season 3 cliffhanger. Thank the Netflix gods.

I freaking love Netflix. They put almost everything else to shame. If they saved Hey Arnold, I'd be eternally grateful.
With all of the older shows getting continuations (diddlying Fuller House), I'm not sure how much trickier it would be to pull off an animated sequel but if the show gets enough views on Netflix and the people speak loudly enough, I could see it working.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
One of the things you'll notice about the show. It's really about being part of the family. A movie about Arnold finally seeing his parents would be a great way to close it.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
It finally happened. Words cannot describe how hyped I am right now.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Okay i can see why people got pissed in the tron thread, swoosh delivered.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Okay i can see why people got pissed in the tron thread, swoosh delivered.

Swoosh grants the dreams while Chuman reminds you of the cold, lonely starkness of reality

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Happy to please(No offense chuman ;)

Anyway, so happy this is now a reality. I think I may start rewatching the series to get ready

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Happy to please(No offense chuman ;)

Anyway, so happy this is now a reality. I think I may start rewatching the series to get ready

Trust me, it'd take more than that to offend me.

Max

Staff member
Awards
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LnVHLINcxh0[/video]

Ah, feel that nostalgia.

Wow, that was a really cool little teaser. Rocko's Modern Life had a similar one that was also really solid, this is so exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back