• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Yu-Gi-Oh!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
It's about to be 10 years that I have stopped watching the anime. Used to play the actual TCG back in the day as well. Lost my cards back in High School. Been playing the Millennium Duels to see how I'd do if I still played. Watched some excerpts from saga's I missed. I know there are 4 new shows just right after the original Egyptian series. Does anyone watch the shows or still play the card game?

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Yu-gi-oh is the prime example of a manga being so much better then its anime adaptation.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I've only watched the first two series. The english dub was really bad(which is why the abridged series is so entertaining). The japanese versions are way better.

My favorite character back then was Anzu(Tea in the dub)

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'm actually currently watching the subs of GX as a casual sort of anime. I've really digging it - so far, Shou/Cyrus(?) is pretty much my favorite character.

I've only watched the first two series. The english dub was really bad(which is why the abridged series is so entertaining).

This is what revived my interest in the series. I randomly discovered the abridged dub at like the end of February. It kind of makes a lot of characters (like Bakura, Marik and "Melvin") a lot more likable and memorable.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
*sigh* *nostalgia* I used to be a duelist with mad skills, stealing my friends' cards because I always won, but now I forgot almost everything and lost my deck, so that knowledge is long forgotten...
I watched YGO, YGO GX and YGO 5D's, and don't even want to check out YGO ZEXAL or Arc-V. YGO GX is entertaining and I like the Academy idea, plus Jaden is adorable and makes the show fun >:'D YGO 5D's is the famous 'card games on motorcycles', but it's not that bad actually, some cards are beautiful, the characters are acceptable if not beautiful too *cough* Akiza *cough* and I LOVE LEO, he's the turqoise version of Len Kagamine xD and I disliked Yusei in the beginning but I started to really like his character in the end. The 5D's characters are a lot like the original YGO's characters, and it's interesting to see similarities and differences, plus the whole dark atmosphere of 5D's is really enjoyable.
Hurray for YGO Abridged, I always watch episodes every now and then and it makes me remember how much I love this series, really

I didn't hear plans for a remake of the original, they concentrate on the newer, kitsch series...

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I absolutely loved yugioh, I even got into the card game but in the end I gave up. I remember finding some really cheap cards once that were fakes of course (they came in a funky tin though) and they were really bad fakes. They were nothing like the original cards, I don't think the manufacturer was even trying. Most of the card's names were changed, Blue eyes white dragon was called endless dragon with blue eyes which tbh was close to the original. Exodia however was called cheer chost dark master which I don't even know why they chose that name.

I loved the original series of the show but that's about it. The newer ones are just crazy though, I wonder what they'll think of next. Card games on pogo sticks, underwater? Has that been done yet.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I have never got to finish watching the original series. Early Saturday mornings were busy or just overslept and missed the episode since it was aired early back when it was on Kids WB. It was few episodes after Marik's defeat from the Battle City Tournament and they were starting with the Orichachols thing.

About the TCG, I remember when it first started. I was at a Bowling field trip in 6th Grade and witnessed it. He had the Kaiba Starter Deck. Before the school year ended, me and one of my closes friends decided we were going to get the decks and ironically. I ended up getting the Kaiba Starter Deck and he got the Yugi Starter Deck. We had a very good rivalry throughout the years. He had an amazing water deck and I had what is called a BeatDown Deck.

I lost my cards sometime after the announcement of the Ban List.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I used to love the series when I younger, still do, but I ultimately have to agree with rokudamia2 in that the original manga series was much better overall than the anime. But hey, awesome cards! I used to have both Slifer and Obelisk, but I seem to have lost the former. I haven't really looked at any of my cards in years, though.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I love the series. I've actually got the first 3 seasons of the original and the first season of GX on dvd (waiting for season 2's release) and after rewatching them I find that I still enjoy them. I watched quite a few episodes of 5D's but never really got invested in it. I've only seen a few episodes of Zexal but I didn't enjoy it much. Haven't seen anything from Arc-V.
I actually still own a couple decks worth of cards and I still remember the rules but the last time I actually played against anyone was in 2010, I think.

You all know that there is a new movie coming out next year right? It's celebrating the 20th anniversary of the series. Here's the trailer:

It just shows a recap of the 20 years but it does confirm that Yugi and Kaiba will be in it.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I had almost forgot about the movie. I can't wait to see it. Kaiba and Yugi will always be the flagship of the franchise.

Anagram

Banned
So we're really getting a first series again? I tried all the sequels but they was all boring somehow. I did like 5D's more than most though, sadly work schedule changed and I missed it anyway.

I know it's the one that "cards on motorcycles herr herr" but in a world dominated by a card game it doesn't really bother me. Silly is done out the window. lmao

Lonbilly

Awards
I actually had no idea the movie was happening until I saw a Tumblr post talking about al the old animes being revived/continued. I am pretty excited for it. I actually prefer GX to the first series, though I haven't seen any of the rest (but I have no desire to watch any of the others, excluding 5D's)

So we're really getting a first series again? I tried all the sequels but they was all boring somehow. I did like 5D's more than most though, sadly work schedule changed and I missed it anyway.

I know it's the one that "cards on motorcycles herr herr" but in a world dominated by a card game it doesn't really bother me. Silly is done out the window. lmao

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
5D's premise isn't that silly when you think about how it matches the advancement of technology in the Yugioh world. It was a lot more plausible then a school that teaches you how to play the game

Lonbilly

Awards
I actually find the "card games on motorcycles" concept so absurd, it works. Which is why I'm excited to get to the series once I finish GX. Plus, 5D's has some of the best designs (in my opinion).

Anagram

Banned
Also, although an admittedly small thing, when they get injured in 5Ds it actually makes freakin sense lol. Losing equals crashing. (well at least in serious story moments) haha

Last edited:

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I actually find the "card games on motorcycles" concept so absurd, it works. Which is why I'm excited to get to the series once I finish GX. Plus, 5D's has some of the best designs (in my opinion).

Yes, I think so too. The focus on Dragon cards and the Nazca references made 5Ds' world very enjoyable to discover~ Heck, I loved all the dragons

on second thought... Yuya's design makes me reconsider watching YGO Arc-V, even though the violent contrasts nowadays are killing me... Yuya has dem eyes and attitude (well, from the screencaps I saw till now), so I might just be able to give it a try. Can't say the same thing about ZEXAL, Yuma's design works on me like Super Repels work on wild Pokemon o ^ o
almost forgot about the movie, gee, good this site exists! xD I can't wait to see the Pharaoh again
iloveyouplz.gif

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Just looking at Yusei reminds me of Yugi. The nostalgia...:frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back