• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about the Ultima Weapon.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaijuguy19

Is the Ultima Weapon required to defeat Ansem properly in KH Final Mix? I remember looking at a play through some years ago of KH 1 and it showed that the Ultima Keyblade does prove to be very useful when going against Ansem. But is it also possible to defeat Ansem without the Ultima Weapn?

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
It makes your life easier but by no means is it necessary. If you really want an easy way to beat him, just spam strike raid the whole fight and that easily takes out most of his HP.

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
Ultima Weapon is pretty much the strongest Keyblade, but for Ansem you shouldn't need to go out of your way to make it. If you have Divine Rose, I'd suggest equipping that instead; it's short, but just as powerful as Ultima Weapon. Ultima Weapon itself should be reserved for the strong extra bosses, like Sephiroth and the Unknown - that is, if you decide to get it at all.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
You could very easily beat Ansem with the Kingdom Key if you so wanted. The Ultima Weapon is by no means the only way to take him down. I did it in the vanilla version a couple of times back when I didn't know how to properly get the Ultima Weapon in the first place.

That being said, considering how hard one has to work in order to get the Ultima Weapon in the first place, it's kind of a disservice to not use it if you have it.

berrybob

Awards
You can also level up while doing sidequests. Like the Hades Cup or the other Synthesis items. (Ultima weapon is a synthesis item in KH FM). Don't worry about using all your megalixirs or Elixirs: You can't save your game after beating Ansem. Except that the game automatically saves your trophies' save data and the wallpaper you get after beating the game.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
(Ultima weapon is a synthesis item in KH FM)

Ultima Weapon is a synthesis item in both versions! Though it has a completely different recipe and you have to clear out other completely different recipes to get it.

Sorakh212

Awards
Nah it's not required to beat anyone hell I don't believe any keyblade is for any boss throughout the series. Some of the hardcore players play without leveling up and Kingdom Key only so technically you can use the default keyblade or Kingdom Key in KH1/2. It just helps out a lot especially if you're playing on Proud or Critical difficulty. Man is it a bitch to craft though this time around in Final Mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back