• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xenahort's recompletion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderer

When Ansem SOD and Xemnas were defeated, was Xehanort recompleted as MX? And if so, why? I thought they were made from Terranort. Also, when Terranort attempted to release Terra's heart after Aqua's battle, what exactly happened? Was Terra's heart released?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Nope. It just unlocked his heart, hence losing his memories and the dark guardian fading into the ground, opening the RoD.

as for the recompletion, idk. Maybe he did return as terranort. Keep in mind we never saw him before there were 13 of him so he may have gone back to his original body, or splintered off when he was revived. yen sid never saw terranort in person so it was easiest to show an image of MX. Besides, its all the same thing.

Anagram

Banned
Personally I think it's all just so Nomura can skip the addressing the mess he made with Terra-Xehanort, Ansem, Xemnas and whoever the hell else is involved there.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
@imgognito_ lol that goes without saying. I was just giving the canonical answer.

Anagram

Banned
I can see Nomura right now going over the plot for KH3D and KH3. Nomura: *going over story details, notices his Xehanort mess* "lol Nope." *brings back old Xehanort*

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
He'll have to go back on that if he is as emotionally invested in the voice actors as many fans are...

Nope. It just unlocked his heart, hence losing his memories and the dark guardian fading into the ground, opening the RoD.

Except we have some evidence that the memory stuff might have been a bit more complex than him forgetting ala Blank Points & KH3D's opening.

Of course, nothing confirmed so not even worth thinking about until there is more to go on.

as for the recompletion, idk. Maybe he did return as terranort. Keep in mind we never saw him before there were 13 of him so he may have gone back to his original body, or splintered off when he was revived. yen sid never saw terranort in person so it was easiest to show an image of MX. Besides, its all the same thing.

Not that I like taking Xehanort literally since he isn't the most honest character, but Young Xehanort already stated that the Master Xehanort we see in KH3D is the most current form of himself. If that were not true, Master Xehanort would not have been the last to appear and end the time travel loop (or whatever you want to call it) in their most "present" time.

The old man we see is the Xehanort that was brought back.

That is why one of the unanswered mysteries of KH3D is "What happened to Terra's heart and body?"

Q: What happened to Terra's heart and body?
A: In this game, Master Xehanort does not appear in the form of Terra-Xehanort when he transferred his heart, but as the old man he was before he took control of Terra's body. During the revival, what happened to Terra's body, and Terra's heart that was in opposition to Xehanort's control? In Kingdom Hearts, Birth by Sleep, it is to be considered that it was thought the whereabouts of the heart of Terra's master, Eraqus rested within his body.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I can see Nomura right now going over the plot for KH3D and KH3. Nomura: *going over story details, notices his Xehanort mess* "lol Nope." *brings back old Xehanort*

If anything, Nomura was going over the whole thing thinking "how can I throw in another twist in the whole issue...oh right, lets bring back Xehanort as MX and otherwise keep total radio silence about Terra and/or Eraqus. The fans will surely go nuts and theorize/interpret like no tomorrow."

Now look at what happens ever since DDD came out...

Not that I like taking Xehanort literally since he isn't the most honest character, but Young Xehanort already stated that the Master Xehanort we see in KH3D is the most current form of himself. If that were not true, Master Xehanort would not have been the last to appear and end the time travel loop (or whatever you want to call it) in their most "present" time.

The old man we see is the Xehanort that was brought back.

That is why one of the unanswered mysteries of KH3D is "What happened to Terra's heart and body?"

The Memorial Ultimania also confirms it in written form:
xOJ9BT6.png

It explicitly says Master Xehanort's true body was revived (meaning the old geezer one), so the first question
When Ansem SOD and Xemnas were defeated, was Xehanort recompleted as MX?

has to be answered with a clear and indisputable yes as it is an established fact so far.

The second question is deliberately left unanswered to foster debate and theorizing and play up the "Terra/Eraqus/Xehanort"-mess even more as the unanswered mysteries quote from 3D shows.

Considering Nomura's need to make everything "surprising" and fill some plotlines with more twists just for the heck of it, I'd bet this is just another of those cases.
Nomura needs to learn that while sometimes answering a plottwist with another twist can be entertaining or even rewarding if done with caution, it has to be done sparingly and not by dropping a whole pileup of twists on every second plot point, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back