• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Tim Burton's Dumbo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
After the blockbuster success of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, Disney has been busy turning many of their animated classics into live-action films, most recently with the Sleeping Beauty retelling Maleficent and the upcoming Cinderella and The Jungle Book. Now we can reportedly add Dumbo to the mix.

According to TheWrap, screenwriter Ehren Kruger (Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Transformers: Age of Extinction) will script a live-action Dumbo and also produce it with Justin Springer.

The site reports "Kruger is expected to give the live-action remake a strong family component, which has aided the performance of Disney's other recent updates, including Alice in Wonderland and Maleficent."

Even though the movie will be live-action, it seems a pretty safe bet Dumbo himself will be a CG character (at least in part).

Transformers: Age of Extinction Screenwriter Takes on Live-Action Dumbo Movie - IGN

Oh God, why.

Disney what are you doing, stahp

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Re: Live-action Dumbo

The Transformers movie was entertaining and all, but what the hell are they thinking

Gram

Banned
Awards

hF9827DED
Live-action is a fail, why doesn't any company realize this?

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I could understand redoing something like Cinderella (kind of) in live action. The Jungle book, eh, not so much. But Dumbo? Really? If any Disney movie should be redone in live action it should be Black Cauldron (but maybe that's because I didn't like the original but liked the concept enough for a remake).

Really I don't really like remakes that much unless it's a retelling of a story that is drastically different/justifies another retelling. I'm excited for Cinderella if it's anything like the third movie. But is Dumbo really the movie people say "oh yeah I'd like to see a remake of that"?

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

I enjoyed Dumbo but it should not be live action. I mean the only (semi)important human characters are the circus master and the clowns. What's the point? I'll just say that if they don't include Pink Elephants on Parade then don't bother.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards

I agree it shouldn't be Live-Action, but it might be interesting to see them try. I don't know how far into production this will get to, but I will be keeping my eyes out for updated news on the manner.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

Of all classic Disney films to remake into live action, they remake Dumbo--my least favorite Disney film? Ugh. There's so many Disney films to chose from (or, you know--make something original).

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

I don't think it even makes sense to remake Dumbo into a live action movie. That entire movie is basically a mouse trying to convince a baby elephant that he isn't worthless. They only way they're going to be able to add in more parts with actual people is if they completely redo the story. Who thought this would be a good idea?

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Might as well bump this so everybody can remember that Disney is going live-action happy.

Also that nobody posted this last month:

Tim Burton Circles Dumbo: Director Attached to Disney’s Live-Action Film | Variety

I'd like to forget actually. Let's just keep the live action stuff to Pirates or anything from their Touchstone category. Although I am still curious as to the status of the del Toro Haunted Mansion they were cooking up

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
This is an actual, honest to god thing. I mentioned this in the Winnie the pooh thread because it was as obscure as I could think of, yet here we are.

I want a live-action Hercules now, with James woods as Hades with CGI flaming head and crossed over into the marvel movies. Checkmate, Disney.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Does disney really need to do this? Chaser mentioned in the Mulan thread that they were giving older disney films the live action treatment to bring those films to the next generation. But instead of doing that, why not just keep making newer animated films? Hell, Frozen is pretty much this generations Lion King

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Frozen is pretty much this generations Lion King

This is the most painful thing I have read today I had to do a double take by the sheer nerve of this post and lack of credibility.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This is the most painful thing I have read today I had to do a double take by the sheer nerve of this post and lack of credibility.

When you compare accounting for inflation, Frozen made more than TLK and is considered a modern day success like it.

'Frozen' Passes 'The Lion King' With $810 Million at Global Box Office - TheWrap

Also this shows how Frozen pretty much follows TLK in certain ways

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/here-is-definitive-proof-that-frozen-is-literally-the-same-m

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Oh

they meant popularity and box office

my bad

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
You know, there are many people out there who hate TLK just as much as some hate Frozen. Personally, I like them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back