• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Winnie the Pooh (TBD) - Live Action Confusion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Disney has set a live-action feature adaptation of the animated classic Winnie The Pooh. This is the latest example of the studio re-purposing properties it controls, and it’s also the second time they’ve brought in a cutting-edge independent filmmaker to shape the vision. Disney has hired Alex Ross Perry, the writer-director of the Sundance indie Listen Up Philip. The focus will be Christopher Robin as an adult, which brings him back to A.A. Milne’s famous bear and the Hundred Acre Wood. Brigham Taylor is producing.

Live-Action ‘Winnie The Pooh’ Movie: Disney Sets Alex Ross Perry To Write | Deadline

This was announced two weeks ago but I forgot to make a thread...

I hope we are all confused.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Winnie the Pooh?

Not sure how this will work since I honestly can't see any of the Pooh characters in live action format XD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I imagine they would be CG and Christopher Robin and the world around them would be real...

If done right, it could really be magical...I have my expectations down really low.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Omfg I thought this was forum insanity for a minute there

I want everybody in animal suits like the teletubbies goddamn it

I guess I'll settle for CGI but that's wishful thinking.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Wait a second what is happening here?! Winnie the Pooh now too? I think they're going a bit overboard myself. Now I'm waiting for the announcement for Oliver and Company.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
WHAT?! THIS IS A THING?!

NO! JUST...NO!

Seriously, the closest thing we got was in the old cartoons where the one stuffed animal winked at you (which scared me quite a bit as a kid). They better not do that, scaring a new generation of children for all the wrong reasons...

Wait a second what is happening here?! Winnie the Pooh now too? I think they're going a bit overboard myself. Now I'm waiting for the announcement for Oliver and Company.

Coming in 2018: A Recursive Adaption of Charles Dickens' "Oliver Twist" borne as a live action remake of Oliver and Company: OLIVER: 2Fast 2Furious

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Another issue is Christopher as an adult. The charm of the cartoons and films were seeing him interact with the Pooh characters as a child. I don't think it will have the same effect with him as an adult

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
But ... but.... animated Pooh is best Pooh :( Dammit Disney, at least keep it to the fairy tales.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Waiting for live action dumbo, with Jamie Foxx as the cgi crows.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I saw a rant from the Cinema Sins guy about this and the lack of originality in not just Disney but Hollywood. And how not one person thought, hey maybe we shouldn't do this and try something new and magical. Not one person. At least Zootopia looks great and is original (so I've heard)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I saw a rant from the Cinema Sins guy about this and the lack of originality in not just Disney but Hollywood. And how not one person thought, hey maybe we shouldn't do this and try something new and magical. Not one person. At least Zootopia looks great and is original (so I've heard)

These companies believe that if this idea worked once, then it will work again. And so we are currently trapped in this remake/revival period. For some things it is great, like for old franchises like Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. On the other hand, it means that these companies aren't willing to give new ideas a chance because they don't want to take the risk. It's frustrating.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I actually watched the video you mentioned yesterday. I didn't agree with everything he said(in regards to movies based on novels and superhero flicks), but he was spot on about Disney and Hollywood remakes. Glad there are others out there who feel the same

redtutel

...I actually think this has potential. Throughout Whinnie the Pooh, there is the underling implication that Christopher Robin will grow up someday and may or may not ever come back to the 100 Acre Wood. This movie could be like Toy Story 3 and deliver the payoff to those implications. If done well, it might even bee a tearjerker. I'm cautiously optimistic.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
WHAT?! THIS IS A THING?!

NO! JUST...NO!

Seriously, the closest thing we got was in the old cartoons where the one stuffed animal winked at you (which scared me quite a bit as a kid). They better not do that, scaring a new generation of children for all the wrong reasons...

Coming in 2018: A Recursive Adaption of Charles Dickens' "Oliver Twist" borne as a live action remake of Oliver and Company: OLIVER: 2Fast 2Furious

I agree. I was really happy to see that Pooh movie that came out in 2011(?) because it was a return to the animation instead of the Pixar look. Plus it gave us this awesome scene:
But now it's getting the live action treatment.

When you put it like that then I'd see it. :p

Another issue is Christopher as an adult. The charm of the cartoons and films were seeing him interact with the Pooh characters as a child. I don't think it will have the same effect with him as an adult

I agree. The premise kind of reminds me of what they did with the live action Fairly Oddparents movie.

...I actually think this has potential. Throughout Whinnie the Pooh, there is the underling implication that Christopher Robin will grow up someday and may or may not ever come back to the 100 Acre Wood. This movie could be like Toy Story 3 and deliver the payoff to those implications. If done well, it might even bee a tearjerker. I'm cautiously optimistic.

This is a good point. If they do it like this then I would be okay with it.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

That may be, but they shouldn't have to change mediums to do that. I'll wait until some footage or what the gang will look like, but for now I still say that it should've been animated traditionally.

I mean, they gave up on traditional animation because the 2011 Winnie the Pooh movie did awful at the box office, the fuck did they think was gonna happen when they put it out the same day as the last Harry Potter movie?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Google the "1999" creepypasta and tell me how you feel about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back