• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Starting out. Just wondering.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Been looking back since yar, this is my very first time playing BBS. (This is kh 2.5 final mix version btw)

Started with Terra., been trying to level up a lot (since this is also my first game on Critical; I wanted to make sure I got Blank Points)

Just asking, for one thing I don't get command melding that much yet. Is there any guides on taht or what skills I should be looking for?

I also found a guide back a few pages on the stickers (video) got that saved since I know I need those for that. Thanks for all the help so far guys while I've been trying to catch up..(Oh and I'm not so upset about the camera, tho it's closer to the charas than I'd like..)

Badger

I one ability I try to get as soon as I can is EXP Walker. Every step you take will give you an experience point! It's only available after you beat the first 3 worlds though. One of the easiest recipes is Blizzard and Aero. You need the Abounding Crystal, which isn't available till after the first 3 worlds. I go to the Mirage Arena and beat the rumble racing and you'll have enough medals to buy an Abounding Crystal. Or there is an enemy that will drop them in the 4th world.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I one ability I try to get as soon as I can is EXP Walker. Every step you take will give you an experience point! It's only available after you beat the first 3 worlds though. One of the easiest recipes is Blizzard and Aero. You need the Abounding Crystal, which isn't available till after the first 3 worlds. I go to the Mirage Arena and beat the rumble racing and you'll have enough medals to buy an Abounding Crystal. Or there is an enemy that will drop them in the 4th world.

I haven't played Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix in a while now, because I am trying to figure out how to record my gameplay. I've already beaten like three worlds, I think. I haven't kept track of the numerous crystals that I have gotten.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Just asking, for one thing I don't get command melding that much yet. Is there any guides on taht or what skills I should be looking for?

Frankly, I wouldn't recommend knowing that. BBS' difficulty plunges through the floor and straight to the centre of the earth if you know what to meld. If you're okay with that, there are guides out there, but they're not easy to read, because the system is deliberately complicated to keep people from breaking the difficulty like that. Top-level abilities include game-breaker Mega Flare, Ven's Faith command, basically anything that requires you to fuse multiple times, like third or fourth "tier" fusions.

If you go in blind, find commands that work for you and try to enhance them, since a lot of commands have variants. Blitz has elemental variants, Strike Raid does as well, etc. Spells always upgrade by giving them a copy of another spell: Fire + Fire = Fira. Fira + Fire = Firaga. It's more predictable than it seems. The recipes you find help a lot.

Yes, you can't go blind forever. Once you get to Ven and Aqua you'll know most of the good combos, and it certainly helps to look up guides toward the end of the game. BBS created that problem itself, I can't say much to fix it. I guess I just don't want the game to be boring for you. I guess it depends on what kind of game you want to play.

Here are some general pieces of advice:

• The first critical ability is Cure. You have to clear the first world to officially get Cure (after that point, Moogles will sell it), but it's also possible to get Cure by using Aqua's D-Link, or by winning it off Command Board if you're willing to go to the effort. Transforming to a D-Link also heals you. Once you're playing Aqua, Command Board and toughing it out are your only options.
  • Always attach materials to your command fusions. Always. Put up with whatever junk pops out the other side until you've learned the Ability. Commands are temporary, abilities are forever.
  • While having high-level commands is helpful, triggering Command Styles can be more helpful in certain situations, especially the second tier of command styles you get later in the game. It can be helpful to keep certain commands lying around once you know what those styles require.
  • When you don't require a command for a Command Style, experiment by mashing together one or more high-level commands with commands of all sorts. If a recipe tells you it's something you need, take it, and if it's a question mark, risk it. The more recipes you have, the more certain you can be that question marks are actually just high-level commands in disguise.
  • Sadly some commands are purely random, but we're talking something like three or four in the entire game, and none of them are worth it.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I'll remember that.

Anyway just got Air Slide, I'll try messing with the board game to power it up some (I have trouble beating that..) and see if I can get some stickers I missed in the first few worlds.

I'm to the point where Terra pissed off a certain queen and Master Xenohort just called him. I'm mostly doing this blind here (I'll check a faq if I get stuck or ask here) but been having fun with it so far. I think I only need all the stickers (and place them right) to get Blank Points? At least on Critical?

And soon as I get access to Rumble Racing, I'll try that. Got my fanny kicked on actual fights in the Mirage Arena but I'm sure I need to be higher level for that, working on that. ^^

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I'm to the point where Terra pissed off a certain queen and Master Xenohort just called him. I'm mostly doing this blind here (I'll check a faq if I get stuck or ask here) but been having fun with it so far. I think I only need all the stickers (and place them right) to get Blank Points? At least on Critical?

Yes (which is to say, you need to find them all and place them all in the right spot, getting a full point total of - I'm pretty sure - 140). You also need the Xehanort Reports to find the Final Episode in the first place, which you perhaps already knew.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Here's my favourite guide for all the commands and abilities: Birth By Sleep Melding Commands
I'm sure it will make your work easier.
I didn't need all the stickers to unlock Black Points, only all Xehanort Reports were needed for that... is this different in the 2.5 remix?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Thank you guys. I'll make sure to grab my Kindle Fire if I need to use that DarkGrey. (Second screen really helps since I don't have to get up and switch my TV from the PS3 to the PC; they're on diff HDMI ports)

That reminds me, I may get a walkthough just in case sent to the Fire so I can read it without having to go though that rigamarole.

[Edit] And right on cue got stucks, having trouble figuring out where to go once i beat that armor in Radiant Garden. No fretting tho guys, i'll get that walkthrough. :)

Last edited:

Xelon99

Awards
With Terra, go to the middle area and down the staircase on the left towards the Fountain. From there it's pretty obvious where you'd need to go. Just straight ahead in the fountain. Okay maybe not that obvious... why is there an opening in the middle of a fountain...

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Found it Xelon. Had some trouble with Braig until I remembered KH2, hint if you don't remember: "You clever little sneeeak!" I basically got him by reflecting his attacks back at him; lockon really helps in that fight so you're facing the right way.

Anyway I think it's the Disney world next, then either Olympus or Deep Space, correct? Once I have high jump, going to go back and get the stickers I missed.

[Edit] Went ahead and did the Disney world; fun fun. I did win the race btw ^^.

Going to look further into melding; Abilities right now i'm looking at from the table are Combo Plus, Once More, Leaf Bracer, Reload Boost, Exp Walker, Exp Chance, and that's just from a quick glance. Will try to get some powerful abilities too, esp when I go for the end.

[Edit again] Was trying to meld high level spells, didn't use stones and got 2 useful abilities for my Terra and one that's just meh, since I don't expect him to be using spells all that much (he's a brusier..) It was Blizzard Boost that was the meh one..I may go for Cure Boost though once I have Leaf Bracer, since I don't see using much more than cure spells on him, magic wise.

Last edited:

Xelon99

Awards
Yeah Braig was nearly the same fight. Few less tricks even. Shotlocks work good as well, as terra is so slow.

The Disney Races are actually quite easy. As long as you hit almost every jump, boost and shortcut, you'll win guaranteed. Just a matter of repeating it 5 times

I believe Terra's High Jump was in Deep Space. Though you wont notice it till it's leveled up. But to get all stickers, you'd need to have Quick Slide as well. Which you'll get in Neverland.

The Melding is entirely for your preference. I prefer to use a mixture of ranged, seeking magic and strong, unbreakable attacks for bosses. For general use I meld Mega Flares as quickly as possible with Magic Haste maxed out. If you want to go in the Mirage Arena with Terra, Sonic Blade is your friend. It's also always useful to have the Screen abilities, which basically give you a better elemental defense.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I didn't know but I'll put on High Jump the instant I get it so it will level up by the time I have Quick Slide.

And I'll see about those two. Right now trying to get support abilities (Leaf Bracer is next; that's always useful) and Second Chance/Once More. I have Fission Firaga so I could get Mega Flare pretty fast (that's what I melded for XP Chance)

My next world is going to be either Deep Space or Olympia, so thought I'd pause anyway to meld and level up since the walkthrough I got mentions both can be a toughie.

Also according to that walkthrough, I will have to do some battles in the Mirage Arena to get a Xenohort Report so I'd better be ready for that!

Xelon99

Awards
Yeah it's the same for and of the movement abilities. Slide, Glide, Double Jump... they all get stronger on higher levels. Just like attack commands do more damage on higher levels.

Deep Space isn't that tough though. It's hardest part is the boss, who simply is very fast. But that's all. In the Colosseum you'll have to do a few matches like in the previous games. But since they're time-based it can be more difficult.

Yup you'll get Report 5 from the Arena. Which comes from one of the harder battles even. So you'll do good on leaving that for later before the final battle when you're leveled better

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Since I started pounding in Radiant Garden, I've gone up from 20 to 30ish with Exp Walker on, which I'm sure will help.

Well, with timed fight, i'm sure some better abilities will help me get though those. I barely did any melding at all before Braig, that needs to change.

Xelon99

Awards
If it helps, I tend to always be leveling abilities and commands. As soon as one is leveled, I'll swap it for another. Which in turn I can meld to something new again. That's how I get nearly all abilities before I'd even reach Neverland. Takes some time at first, but when you unlock more abilities it's easier. Specially with several Lucky abilities

Xelon99

Awards
The Axe Flapper (bat like) and Mandrake (plant like) drop it sometimes.

If you want to farm them quickly in the Arena however, this is a good strategy:

You'll need one Megaflare and as many Mine-commands as you can carry. Square or Shield, either works. As long as they're maxed out. Slide and Quick Slide help out, but aren't needed. A good quick shotlock helps a whole lot too. Flame Salvo for example is quick enough.

Start the Monster of the Deep battle. It's a "hard" one yes, but you should be able to finish it in around 3 minutes.

Once you start, you'll be inside with several Unversed. Megaflare them away. Either one or two should work, depends on your level. After those are gone, you'll start the 2nd round. Outside in a giant lake with Monstro swimming around and explosive barrels.

Lob the first barrel you start with towards Monstro. Immediately slide to the closest barrel on the right and lob that at him too. The whale will be stunned after the second hit, so immediately slide/swim on his tongue. Once there, spam the mines. They'll explode immediately and do massive damage. As soon as you run out of the last mine and the next one isn't ready yet, start the shotlock. It usually takes the final bit health away so you're done.

You'll finish way before the 7 minutes, gaining you 675 medals in one go

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Went to Olympus, got my fanny kicked so working on that megaflare and some abilities so I can kill the floating mushroom like Unversed faster. Hopefully Zack won't be such a pain in the butt. And I'll remember that, I'll have to get some rank ups though.

Any tips on that other than "Get melding girl!"?

[Edit] Got Megaflare; going to work on Sonic Blade and see if there's anything else I can add to my deck that will help me whup some butt.

[Edit again] Took me two tries on the boss of Deep Space since I didn't expect him to go into the machine, LOL! but I whupped his butt in the end. I'll give Olympus another try with my two new abilities and hope I can beat it this time. Also; I recognized the battle music; it'd played on FF Radio (I didn't even know it was from a KH game when I heard it, tho they do play KH music sometimes!) Fit and it is cute, now that I know where it came from lol. *bows head for its founder, Teiban*

Also for low level; I find the second course in Rumble Racing on there is decently quick for getting medals as long as you only need a few hundred. You get 60ish if you win with 2 people and 6 laps, 50ish if you lose with that setup. I never played Mario Kart so sometimes I do lose, lol. Works for me. Tho if I want them in quantity I'll work on getting my rank up.

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Went to Olympus, got my fanny kicked so working on that megaflare and some abilities so I can kill the floating mushroom like Unversed faster. Hopefully Zack won't be such a pain in the butt. And I'll remember that, I'll have to get some rank ups though.

Any tips on that other than "Get melding girl!"?

[Edit] Got Megaflare; going to work on Sonic Blade and see if there's anything else I can add to my deck that will help me whup some butt.

[Edit again] Took me two tries on the boss of Deep Space since I didn't expect him to go into the machine, LOL! but I whupped his butt in the end. I'll give Olympus another try with my two new abilities and hope I can beat it this time.

Also for low level; I find the second course in Rumble Racing on there is decently quick for getting medals as long as you only need a few hundred. You get 60ish if you win with 2 people and 6 laps, 50ish if you lose with that setup. I never played Mario Kart so sometimes I do lose, lol. Works for me. Tho if I want them in quantity I'll work on getting my rank up.

By the time you get to the final course, you will need to have mastered the art of drifting. Memorizing the level layout to take all the shortcuts needed is also essential.

Also, one thing in particular: you will get an ability once you clear the tournament preliminaries. Do not equip that ability until after you defeat Zack. That ability essentially gives you a sort of headbutt, but it comes at the cost of losing invincibility frames that Terra has with the Slide ability. I won't spoil the particulars right this instant, but let's just say that Zack OPENS with his most broken attack that you'll want to dodge like crazy to avoid.

Also, don't worry. Once you got the one Xehanort report from the Mirage Arena, that's the only one that you'll need to collect from the arena any character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back