• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Until We Go Down // Aqua x Vanitas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

itwasmybedtime

HELLO!! This is my first Kingdom Hearts fanfiction, English happens to not be my main language and I'm only fifteen, so I apolagize in advance if it's terrible
tumblr_m4e5tmAkrd1rwnhdfo1_500.jpg

You should listen to "Until We Go Down", it's like the story theme :biggrin:

U N T I L W E G O D O W N
PROLOGUE

H
e told her darkness didn't always mean evilshe didn't believe him. Darkness is vicious, full of hatred; but most of all, it was addictive. This is why she choose to stay away from it, even and maybe particularly from the golden eyed boy that went by the name of Vanitas. He was nothing but an empty vessel born from the darkness inside Ven.
Aqua was never easily frightenedin fact, there were less things that scared her than there was good inside Xehanort's heart. One of those matters were losing her best-friends, and she happens to have lost both within a few hours. For the first time in her life, Aqua felt weak.

Black and bluethose were the only colours she could figure out, there were no shapes, no sounds, this place wasn't warm or cold, she did not get hungry or tired. This was the place where she had been wandering about without an end. There was no sun to show the passage of the days. She was all by herself.

"Help me." the voice was hoarse, and it cracked in the middle of the words. She could hear it taking a sharp intake of breaththe person could only be hurt. She felt her heart warm in sympathy. "P-Please."

White and golda tall glow emerged from within the shadows and Aqua trusted herself to take a step further. The voice grew more quiet, as if it was losing strength, but now she could tell it belonged to a boy. A strange feeling weighed in her heart, she found herself reaching into the light. Maybe it was finally her way out.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
This is so exciting! It's my first time reading a fan-fiction about Aqua and Vanitas! I love how you mention the darkness being addicting, because that could lead into a great deal of things between the two; if Vanitas were to pop up any time soon. I happen to be a fan of Vanitas a lot. And I truly like how this story opened up, because I've always wondered what it'd be like to be lost in the realm of darkness without access to food, water, or even a bathroom! Hmm, somewhat suspicious of that light and voice. This was definitely a strong prologue and for not being your first language, consider me impressed. ;) I eagerly look forward to reading your first chapter.

itwasmybedtime

This is so exciting! It's my first time reading a fan-fiction about Aqua and Vanitas! I love how you mention the darkness being addicting, because that could lead into a great deal of things between the two; if Vanitas were to pop up any time soon. I happen to be a fan of Vanitas a lot. And I truly like how this story opened up, because I've always wondered what it'd be like to be lost in the realm of darkness without access to food, water, or even a bathroom! Hmm, somewhat suspicious of that light and voice. This was definitely a strong prologue and for not being your first language, consider me impressed. ;) I eagerly look forward to reading your first chapter.

Aw, thank you! That's really sweet! I tried to imagine how people survived the ROD, and the only answer that came to my mind was by this place being nothing but emptyness! Oooh, and yes that little bit about the "addicting" was surely foreshadowing ;) I'll post the first chapter really soon!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Aw, thank you! That's really sweet! I tried to imagine how people survived the ROD, and the only answer that came to my mind was by this place being nothing but emptyness! Oooh, and yes that little bit about the "addicting" was surely foreshadowing ;) I'll post the first chapter really soon!

You're welcome! Your answer was quite satisfying for the RoD, since it'd be quite humorous if one really needed such things. Now you've you gotten me all excited about your foreshadowing. Aqua will have a dilemma on her hands with such an addiction to deal with. I hope she succumbs to it; but resists it all the same, because it makes it much more fun, yes? lol. I'll eagerly be waiting for your chapter and all the chapters to follow. <3

itwasmybedtime

i hope you enjoyyy it ;)
kingdom_hearts_render___vanitas_by_whateverheaddrop-d7521ya.png

CHAPTER ONE

The light was almost blinding in contrast with the hollow darkness surrounding it. That was the first time Aqua realized how they did seem to come hand in hand. Where there's darkness there's light, and where there's light there's darkness. It fit almost perfectly in her eyes, in a strange, unusual, twisted way.

She let herself be guided through the illuminated pathway, it was as if something was pulling her towards it. A silent, discreet tear rolled out of her cheeks as she took the final step away from that abject place.
Fresh breeze―that was the first thing she felt; it was cold and harsh but it only meant freedom to her and the sensation was overwhelming. Aqua suddenly turned to her senses, the voice. It had stopped.

"Hello?" she called, taking in her surroundings and gulped, hard. The Keyblade Graveyard, exactly the same as she had left it.

A trembling figure lay in the ground, she couldn't make out the person's face for it was turned to the other side, but the suit made her recognize him in an instant. She cautiously stepped back, unsure of what to do or even what to think. How long had it been since she fell into the Dark Realm? Vanitas surely seemed older, taller, and bulky.

There was a time in that dark place when I almost regarded the option of revenge, when I almost let myself be consumed by hate. Aqua thought for a moment, clutching the blue star shaped charm in her left hand, and her keyblade in the other. But what would make me different from them? What would I become? They keyblade dematerialized itself as she knelt in front of the boy.

"You...you made all of this happen." she cried out in a whisper, her voice didn't carry venom but sadness. "Then why-why can't I bring myself to finish you..." Aqua whipped the gauzy tears from her eyes and took a deep breath. She had to be strong, Master Eraqus, Terra, they wouldn't want to see her give in...Ventus too.

He was made off of Ven, but was nothing like him.

"Ki-kill me th-then." Vanitas spoke breathlessly, as if he had to try impossibly hard to speak. That was when Aqua noticed his wounds―and that was probably her worst mistake for she instantly felt the need to cure him. Words couldn't possibly describe the amount of gashes, deep gashes, that were scattered all over his body.

"Who-" she started asking, but a cough―filled with spilled blood―interrupted her. Aqua closed her eyes before opening her mouth once more, "Who did this to you?"

"Terra's armour." he choked out, pointing to a faraway spot in the middle of nothing. There stood her best-friend's Keyblade Armour, kneeling. Her breath caught in her chest.

"What did you do to Terra?" her voice was so weak, it restrained to nothing more than a whisper. Vanitas turned his head to face her, his eyes were golden and hair as black as his heart must be. She had imagined him looking like Ventus, not this.

"Nothing." he looked her dead in the eye, as if he was afraid of something―someone. "After th-" cough, one more cough. Blood. He was dying and it was agonizing to watch.

"Heal!" Aqua shouted, being in a larger need of answers than of his death. And, as bad and evil as it sounds, she could always recreate them herself.

Starting from his torso, a significant amount of wounds closed and he stopped coughing blood. Something that resembled a mixture of shock and relief flashed in his golden eyes. She was a very powerful mage after all, and a healing spell usually came easy, but after the time spent in that Realm, she surely was weaker―how she managed to perform that magic without cracking was incomprehensible.

"Don't mention it. Now talk."

Vanitas only nodded, biting his lip. She knew this was the only way she would get answers regarding her friends. "After possessing Terra's body, Xehanort never talked to me again. I found out I had been unconscious for two years, The Unversed ceased to exist and I was stuck fighting heartless who seemed to have a particular interest in me." Aqua grabbed unto her charm once more. Terra...

"Two more years went by of that stupidity and I decided to come back here, maybe to find that bastard Xehanort...but the only thing in this place besides the Keyblades stuck on the ground was your friend's armour, that attacked me the moment I was caught under it's radar."

4 years total. That's how long Aqua had spent in that place. Her eyes were dry, there were no tears, instead, an unpleasant feeling growing in her chest, right at the bottom of her heart. Without much of a word she got up and tapped her arm, where the little button that activated her keyblade armour stood. There was only one place she could think of now, a safe heaven she once had visited. The place of clean water and warm sand―where she spent the last moments of peace.

Aqua didn't dare to speak to Vanitas once more―she surely would have ended up doing something she would regret. The last thing she saw before flying away was a glimpse of what could have been a frown.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
why did my posts disappear? oh god please let this be a joke, it took me so long

Your post is there. Perhaps you need to refresh your page? Sometimes the forum tends to have a glitch. Everything appears to look fine from what I can tell, cause I can see you updated your first chapter! And if you post pictures, sometimes it might cause a glitch. Just something to keep in mind. :D Oh my gosh, Aqua totally healed Vanitas. I feel like he's going to go after her or rescue her butt, if she gets into trouble. Not that I don't think Aqua could handle it on her own, but something I could see happening. Gosh, four whole years is a long time to be trapped in the RoD; then there's the matter of Terra's armor attacking Vanitas. Could it perhaps be the lingering will? Hmm, so many questions I have... guess I'll have to wait for some answers! Can't wait for more!

itwasmybedtime

Your post is there. Perhaps you need to refresh your page? Sometimes the forum tends to have a glitch. Everything appears to look fine from what I can tell, cause I can see you updated your first chapter! And if you post pictures, sometimes it might cause a glitch. Just something to keep in mind. :D Oh my gosh, Aqua totally healed Vanitas. I feel like he's going to go after her or rescue her butt, if she gets into trouble. Not that I don't think Aqua could handle it on her own, but something I could see happening. Gosh, four whole years is a long time to be trapped in the RoD; then there's the matter of Terra's armor attacking Vanitas. Could it perhaps be the lingering will? Hmm, so many questions I have... guess I'll have to wait for some answers! Can't wait for more!

Aw thank you! I was really scared because not even on my phone I can see it, unfair. Well, I'm glad you enjoyed aaand I can answer some of the questions hahah. Yes, it was the lingering will (since we know from HKII it has been there all the ten years), and yeah maybe something could happen where Vanitas has to save the day...although I don't realy think Aqua would like it

itwasmybedtime

new chapter!! :) also, I'm sorry if the timelines and stuff are all messed up, but it is not really important to the plot of this story
CHAPTER TWO

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Crystal clear―just like she had seen the water the first time she visited the island. I wish Terra and Ven were here too, she thought, looking at the infamous star shapped fruit, the same shape she made the way-finders.

"Aw, man! Someone's already in our place!"
"Not someone! A girl...and she's pretty!"
"Let's go say hello to her! She seems nice."

Before Aqua could even breath, two boys and one girlwhich she recognized all immediatelyapproached her with a big smile on their faces. They couldn't be a day older than eight, except for Riku, who seemed more mature. He was the one Terra choose.

"Hello, lady." Kairi was the one to talk first. This was the girl from Radiant Garden, which means, Destiny Islands is where she found light. And.. something must have happened to Kairi's hometown.

Aqua snapped out of her thoughts and knelt in front of the children, "Hello, I'm Aqua. What are your names? she knew they didn't remember her. They were too young the first time when they met.

"I'm Sora." the shorter boy introduced grinning. He didn't have one of his front teeth, it was rather amusing. Aqua could feel the light irradiating from him and something else...the power to wield the keyblade.

"Nice to meet you." she smiled in return, biting her lip. This isn't right..

"I'm Kairi." the girl with red hair was the next to speak. Her heart didn't hold any darknessshe was one of the seven Master Eraqus mentioned. She too had the power to hold the keyblade.

So much power between three friends, children. Aqua knew from experience this wouldn't end up alright, and it pained her to see this may be their fault.
She couldn't look at them anymore, not without her eyes watering and heart aching―so she left. Without looking back and let Riku introduce himself.

This was the first time Aqua did not know what to do, where to go. She felt as if there was nothing―no one―left. She didn't have a place to call home anymore, and found herself going back to the place where it all had ended. The Keyblade Graveyard.

"It's not like Master Xehanort is going to show up here anyways." she muttered to herself, sighing exasperatedly. Her black stockings were ripped in some parts, as was the rest of her outfit. In the Realm of Darkness one doesn't grow, meaning Aqua did not appear a single day older than the age she had before.

In her years of training she had never learnt a spell that fixed clothes, but, she did know how to furbish an outfit. After cutting most of the cloth that covered her colar bones, her sleeves and lessen her shorts, she had enough material to completely redesign her outfit. It was now sleeveless and she moved the Keyblade armour button to her hip, where even more blue and white coloured cloth descended. She managed to also fix her stockings, and just like that, she felt renewed.

Aqua summoned her Keyblade and added her wayfinder as a keychain―that way she knew it would never be lost. In the moment she decided to take a step forward, an appallingly tall monster appeared out of literally nowhere. She grasped her Keyblade tighter in her hand and jumped at his hand, which was the closest critical spot she could get to.

"Nyaa!" she yelled, swinging her keybladed from left to right. It was useless, he didn't attack her, but didn't budge either. Landing on the ground, she cast a fire spell on him―which once more seemed to have null effect.

Out of the ground, more black creatures with yellow eyes emerged, all of them launching themselves straight at her she tried to block using a magical barrier but they could travel on the ground, exactly like a shadow. Aqua knew she couldn't shout for help, it would be useless. Were these the Heartless?

Slash! She was safe, the smaller creatures had disappeared, and right in front of her, was the black and red suited guy that tried to kill her once―now saving her. He moved with an incredible skill, launching at the dreadful monster and finishing it off with a few hits, before landing on the ground again.

"You know," he started walking towards her, his voice low and husky, "These are not like the creatures you've been fighting. These are not made of negativity, they create it."

"I was alright, I would have survived." she said irritated, crossing her arms.

"Oh, alright." he chuckled. Aqua was eternally glad that his laugh wasn't girly anymore, that laugh frightened her more than Xehanort, seriously. Vanitas eyed her up and down, clearly realizing she had make a few changes. She felt her cheeks burn with embarrassment and a sudden need to cover herself. "But be careful, you never know what might happen when you get distracted."

"Did you just told me to be careful? Aren't you supposed to try to kill me or something along those matters?"

"Consider ourselves even now. You saved my life, I saved yours in return. Just don't flatter yourself too much." he was about to leave, but turned to say something that irritated Aqua more than the fact he had saved her. "Oh, and I like your outfit."

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I kind of feel bad for Aqua, because of how she sees herself and her friends in Sora, Riku, and Kairi. I wish I could tell her their fate won't be the same as the one as her own happen to be, or Ventus and Terra's. At the same time, I'm glad she's staying strong as she patches herself up and gets rescued by Vanitas. I'm a little curious what these heartless are. I almost mistook them as Nobodies until I read the description and imagine them to be the more deadlier heartless known as Neo Shadows. I wonder if Vanitas happen to stay in the Keyblade Graveyard or happen to follow Aqua around as well? Gosh, I can't get enough of these two and we've only just begun! xD Also, the timeline wasn't all that confusing, so you're good!

itwasmybedtime

I kind of feel bad for Aqua, because of how she sees herself and her friends in Sora, Riku, and Kairi. I wish I could tell her their fate won't be the same as the one as her own happen to be, or Ventus and Terra's.

I did feel pretty bad writing her like that, but it is most likely what she would think. Remember when she visited Destiny Islands, she said "one keyblade is enough", she didn't want those to end up like them

I almost mistook them as Nobodies until I read the description and imagine them to be the more deadlier heartless known as Neo Shadows.

Yes, the smaller ones are Neo Shadows, while the bigger one is the Dark Side. Vanitas said that these weren't the ones she was used to because the Unversed are weaker. (and don't try to steal her heart)

I wonder if Vanitas happen to stay in the Keyblade Graveyard or happen to follow Aqua around as well?

That will be answered in the next chapter, don't worry ;)

Gosh, I can't get enough of these two and we've only just begun!

Thank you so much! That's a really big compliment for me! You're kind of my motivation to write this story, so thank you again! :) Next chapter will have more of these two together, now that we settled up how she is as a person, I think it's time to look a little deeper in Vanitas side.

itwasmybedtime

there will be another update today, be ready!

U
N T I L W E G O D O W N
CHAPTER THREE

As he turned to leave, Aqua realized once more―she was completely and utterly alone, in a world that wasn't quite the same as the one she remembered. If it wasn't for Vanitas, she would have been gone, just like that. These weren't unversed, and she could simply not fight them by herself, not yet.

"Hey," she called, half of her was confident, while the other was yelling at her to run away and let it all be as it was. The black haired boy―no, man. He was now older than her at least for a year, she had been lost in that Realm, without growing, while he changed. He was obviously not the foolish teen that nodded his head at every order Master Xehanort gave him. This improved, dangerous version of him was no boy.―turned to her quickly, as if he was awaiting her to speak. "Do you just stay here?"

Vanitas seemed surprised by her question, but decided to answer nonetheless. "No, I live in Hollow Bastion. It used to be named Radiant Garden before it was consumed by darkness." Something about his character had also changed―not just his looks and height―he wasn't keeping his 'I'll kill you right now' posture, obviously not in the look at me I'm good way, something of more insignificance but still strongly evident.

"Oh." she replies nonchalantly, her eyes zooming in and out randomly. It was way out of her mind, the thought that such a beautiful and pure world like that could be drowned into darkness. Aqua refused to believe that was anyone's destiny.

As she was about to leave, another bunch of yellow eyed Heartless raised from the ground, she held her keyblade and stood her ground―this time she was ready.
Vanitas also summoned his keyblade and prepared for battle, Aqua catched a glimpse of his and realized it no longer was the same, but didn't have time to study it as more in more creatures were born out of nothing, closing in on the two.

"What do they want?" she shouted at him while swinging her Keyblade in the sea of Heartless. "Thunder! Poison!" she kept casting, blocking and dodging attacks with a cartwheel.

"My heart!" Vanitas shouted back, also dealing with an impressive number of monsters himself. "And, yours too!" he concluded, standing back to back with the blue haired woman. "Now, we have two options, either we run, or we fight." He tilted his head to the side, facing her with a mischievous smirk playing on his lips. She chuckled and held three fingers.

Once the countdown stopped, they jumped in unison, slashing through the sea of Heartless, as if they were dancing gracefully to an unheard song with a soaring beat. Spells were flying through the air along with the creatures, disappearing into nothingness, all except a heart, that ascended to the sky. With the two of them joining their forces, the monsters had no chance and were quickly reduced to dust.

Aqua laid on the light brown ground. She was letting her guard down, although she was more than conscious that by doing that, she was making herself vulnerable. To her surprise, Vanitas laid down too, on the opposite side to hers, forming a straight line, his head touching hers lightly. For a few minutes they stood there without saying a word, catching their breaths. Neither dared to break the calming silence. What' s becoming of me? she thought, sighing. This man had destroyed their lives, but her heart couldn't help and try to search for goodness inside him.

No, that's not how he works, he's just pretending to be nicer. Xehanort left him, he's alone and needs someone by his side, not out of goodness of heart, but off selfishness. Did I have other option than to play his game? I was alone too, maybe I could be selfish sometimes.

"Aqua," he breathed out. It didn't seem like his voice at all, it was vulnerable and soft. Was he too letting his guard down? "I, hum, well, would you want to come with me to Hollow Bastion? I have a house there with space enough for two. I know you don't have anywhere else to go and now that the Heartless are coming for you too I thought-"

"Okay." she interrupted, sighing once more. She had been doing this a lot lately, maybe out of tiredness, and the need of a place to rest―he had offered her that, how could she refuse? Vanitas stood up, not needing any more confirmation, followed by Aqua. His eyes were back at transmitting coldness, not a glint of goodness, nothing less than what she had expected. If her Master was alive to see her like this, he would faint. He despised darkness the same as she did, but, for some unreasonable motive she couldn't bring herself to walk away once more.

"It's better if we travel your way." he shrugged, putting his mask back on, for some reason. Aqua nodded and pressed the little button on her waist, activating the Keyblade Armour, it protected her from the darkness. Funny, no one warned her about the evil with soft black hair and a jawline that could cut diamonds―not that she found Vanitas attractive in any way, of course. That would be immoral. "And stop gawking." his voice was emotionless, but a sign of a smirk was evident.

Quicker than she thought, they arrived to the once full of light town. It was sad to look at, but despite the lack of glow, it hadn't changed much. Vanitas conduced her to a fine looking house, surprisingly very tidy and clean. She wondered were he had the munny to buy this place. Without saying a word to her, he disappeared for a few moments, returning in a completely different outfit. He was wearing some black jeans and a black sweater, with some type of―once more black―snickers.

A great amount of profanities ran through her brain, but she uttered none.

"There is a spare room at the end of this corridor, it has everything you'll need there. I have to go now, my room is the one that has the red door, don't enter or you'll regret." was all he said before leaving.

Last edited:

itwasmybedtime

UN T I L W E G O D O W N
CHAPTER FOUR

Don't open the red door, do not open it, she kept repeating the mantra in her head while she roamed down the corridor in the direction of her new room. It was truly complicated ignoring a red door, but Aqua made her best to behave herself―after all, he did offer her a home without asking anything in return. Still, she thought.

The room that was destined to her was a normal one, but much more than she could ever ask for. Ebony were the colours of the furniture, and it was decorated with almost everything in red such as the rugs and the comforter, everything but the sheets, that were white. Black and red, it really did scream Vanitas in every possible way.

Aqua realized she didn't have some more comfortable clothes to change to, or at least to sleep at night. That thought made her frown―how long would this clothes handle? Or even better, how long would she handle living with the man that destroyed her friends? That last part sure didn't seem much of a problem, it seemed to her like he usually did not stop at home for too long. She too needed to work on a plan to save her friends, but after being gone for four years, she couldn't simply pop up of nowhere. There were still many things she had to set straight first, or else she might end up in that place again―only this time it will be a one way ride.

Her stomach rumbled. When was the last time she ate a decent meal? Between saving the worlds from Unversed, fighting Vanitas more times than one should, and getting stuck in the Realm of Darkness, she never sat down to breath.

"AH!" she jumped, frightened at a sudden tingling sensation in her legs, as if some fury thing was brushing against them. Aqua already had her keyblade ready when she heard a small meow.

A tiny, grey cat was laying in his back, with his fury stomach turned up and ready to get stroked. He meowed again, calling for her attention, his orange eyes pleading. That was the cutest cat she has ever seen. She suddenly felt the need to face palm herself.

"I'm sorry, kitty." Aqua frowned, leaning down to pick him up and stroke him. He pürred in content, "You're really needy, aren't you?" she chuckled but the cat ignored her and closed his eyes while she hugged him. Oh my he is so cute.

After placing him back on the floor and making her way to find the kitchen, a sudden realization hit her―Vanitas, the evil, 'prepare to die' guy, had a furry, tiny and needy cat. Vanitas had a cat. A cat. She wondered if he had a name, but it would probably be something like 'Killer' or 'Bloody'.

Mr. Cat followed her around the house, and stopped when he saw her enter the kitchen―which was in dark marble and the counters were displayed in a quadrangular shape. They were shiny and seemed untouched.―and tilted his head to the side, as if he was surprised. Why did she assume the cat was a he?

"What's the matter?" Aqua knelt in front of the animal, stroking his ear, "It seems as if you've never seen anyone use a kitchen." he didn't move at her statement, in fact, he stopped purring. Did this cat understand me?

Taking two plates and placing them on the table, she opened the fridge and took the few fresh ingredients she could find―the rest was mostly frozen meals and icecream―and started cooking some pasta with salted vegetables. The girl felt bad by using his ingredients, and was still trying to figure a way of paying him back, but, for now, she would just cook for him too.

While cooking, the cat was constantly following her around and brushing against her legs, she ended up giving him some milk. Aqua was a somewhat skilled cook, seeing Terra and Ventus couldn't even cut their bread in a life or death situation, Master Eraqus always invested more on her. She didn't feel at all pressured with it, in a way, she felt honoured and glad that they trusted her to cook.

It was nearly 9 past midday when Vanitas came in the kitchen to the image of Aqua cleaning the kitchen with an incredibly good smelling pot set in the table, and his cat sleeping curled up in a ball next to her feet. He laid against the door frame, crossing his arms in front of his chest, almost scaring Aqua to death.

"Hum, I, was hungry and thought I should hum..." she was stuttering, but he raised his hand, making her stop talking.

"It's fine. I was hungry too anyways." he shrugged it off without much thought to it―for which she was eternly glad. Something about him was different since he left, he seemed less tense, but she didn't dare to mention it.

Mr. Cat opened one of his eyes, and at the sight of his owner immediately stretched it's arms and legs and approached Vanitas, pürring and meowing contently. He seemed slightly embarrassed in front of her, but picked him up front the floor anyways.

"You made yourself a friend already?" he asked the cat, that meowed affirmatively in response. While setting the utensils aside and washing her hands, Aqua realized he was somewhat careful to not mention he's name.

"Vanitas," she called, leaning against the counter. He jumped at her voice, which made her uneasy, but continued nonetheless "What's his name?"

He mumbled something incomprehensible to her and looked down at the cat, before clearing his throat and repeating himself. "He's name is fluffy."

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
*squeals like crazy* I'm in love with these two. Please write more chapters, cause they're absolutely perfect for each other. I loved how Aqua and Vanitas fought together; especially when Aqua realized he was more grown up. And can I say "wow" with the way you described the heart throbbing Vanitas. You have him nailed down girl. Even more so, I loved the chemistry between these two and the forbidden red door. oh, la, la, what ever could possibly be behind it? ;) More then that, I loved how Vanitas has a cat and let Aqua stay with him despite their past. So, I'm extremely curious to see what's next and how Aqua handles her feelings about the dripping with good looks Vanitas. Can't wait for more and happy to motivate you more into writing more chapters, because I'm hooked.

itwasmybedtime

*squeals like crazy* I'm in love with these two. Please write more chapters, cause they're absolutely perfect for each other. I loved how Aqua and Vanitas fought together; especially when Aqua realized he was more grown up. And can I say "wow" with the way you described the heart throbbing Vanitas. You have him nailed down girl. Even more so, I loved the chemistry between these two and the forbidden red door. oh, la, la, what ever could possibly be behind it? ;) More then that, I loved how Vanitas has a cat and let Aqua stay with him despite their past. So, I'm extremely curious to see what's next and how Aqua handles her feelings about the dripping with good looks Vanitas. Can't wait for more and happy to motivate you more into writing more chapters, because I'm hooked.

Thank you oh god I love your comments dhwbvugai, anyways here's the next chapter :))

CHAPTER FIVE

Breath in, breath out, do not laugh. Vanitas―Xehanort's pupil, born of nothing but darkness, Heartless slayer and creator of the Unversed―not only owns a cat, but also named him Fluffy. Life could really be surprising from time to time.

He lowered his head and scratched the back of his neck, before looking back at her again, clearly relieved that she didn't crack up. He sat on the table and Fluffy jumped unto his lap.

"He keeps me company." he explained to her, his voice low and calm, not threatening as it usually was. She wondered how much time she would have of him this way, probably not much, she got of the counter and winked at the cat that laid there happily without meowing, just softly pürring once in a while.

Aqua opened the lid of the pot to reveal a gorgeous looking pasta with vegetables and shrimp―one of her favourite meals. Within the lack of ingredients, she sure did have to improvise, luckily, it ended up alright. Vanitas handed his plate to Aqua that gladly served him, without neither of them uttering a word in the course of the dinner. They both looked tired; not something a healing spell could cure, what they needed instead was a warm meal and plenty of sleep.

Upon finishing, Aqua offered to stay and clean the dishes―it was not something she minded doing, in fact, in The Land of Departure, she also carried this task. Terra and Ven often offered to help, but she refused since they made more mess than actual cleaning. She missed that too, those that once seemed useless moments between training and resting; the ones when they got mad at each other for nothing, or when they laughed until their stomachs hurt―those were the memories she cherished the most, and would keep close to her heart forever.

Soon enough, the dishes were all clean and back at their places; the leftovers were moved to a smaller container and placed in the fridge. After making sure everything was tidy, she made her way to the bedroom attributed to her, but stopped in her tracks when she noticed something―the red door was slightly open, enough for one to look inside.

Do it! No, are you stupid? Don't do it! ― a debate inside her head started ―What can be that bad? Open the door. Are you serious? He let us stay in his house, eat his food! Yes bu-

"What did I tell you?" his voice was rough and was void of any emotion, once again. It sounded so close to her ear she jumped slightly. She was completely doomed.

"I was hum, uh ― looking for you?" she stuttered, backing against the wall. His tall figure loomed over hers; she didn't put much thought to that before, how much he had changed in appearence―she glanced down, he was shirtless. His torso was well defined, even more than Terra's, if one could say, and his arms muscular. His jawline was incredibly defined, fitting perfectly with his messy black hair, that pointed in different directions. She was having very wrong thoughts.

"Are you asking me, or stating?" he stepped further with every word, almost no space between the two. She gulped, gathering the courage to actually look him in the eye.

"Stating." it came a lot more softer than she intended it to, almost weak. Aqua didn't like the effect he was having on her one bit."Hum," Vanitas mumbled, placing his hand on he wall right beside her head. It was driving her crazy and he new. "I'm here now, what did you have to say?"

Almost immediately, a blush raised to her cheeks. She hadn't thought about that, what was she going to say?
"Well...I was ― erm," she took a sharp intake of breath and reformed her sentence, trying to regain her posture, "I remembered I didn't have something to sleep in."

"Oh." was the only thing he said before taking his hand and stepping away, which she was relieved for. "Second drawer, there are baggy t-shirts and sweat pants."

He then proceeded to go into his room without uttering another word or letting her say thank you, she also entered her bedroom and shut the door tight. Opening the drawer, there was oy one thing she saw; black―the only colour of the clothes. Aqua took her clothes off, placed the t-shirt over her head, and then pulled the sweat pants, which were really comfortable.

She hadn't realized how tired she was until laying down on the soft bed, and falling asleep almost instantly. That night ― much to her sadness ― she dreamt about a golden eyed monster with the most irritant smirk in existence, and a girl that the only thing she had left to lose was herself.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
That night ― much to her sadness ― she dreamt about a golden eyed monster with the most irritant smirk in existence, and a girl that the only thing she had left to lose was herself.

HOLY SHIT, that expression is beautiful
ozlovecrazyplz.gif
like, HOOOOOOOLY SH----
MY HEART. MY HEART. THAT EXPRESSION MADE ME LOSE MY MIND. MY HEARTTTTTTT, I can't even. And the fact that I was listening to this song isn't helping: https://soundcloud.com/they-call-me-senpai/white-silence-tokyo-ghoul-album-version I'm really pathetic, or..am I? xD
Ok, this is my reaction. Your fanfic is very interesting to read, the way you write makes it easy to read while not being too simplistic, and it's not overly complicated/sophisticated either. Good balance~
I can't wait for more. I feel so guilty for some reason... >/////>

itwasmybedtime

HOLY SHIT, that expression is beautiful
ozlovecrazyplz.gif
like, HOOOOOOOLY SH----
MY HEART. MY HEART. THAT EXPRESSION MADE ME LOSE MY MIND. MY HEARTTTTTTT, I can't even. And the fact that I was listening to this song isn't helping: https://soundcloud.com/they-call-me-senpai/white-silence-tokyo-ghoul-album-version I'm really pathetic, or..am I? xD
Ok, this is my reaction. Your fanfic is very interesting to read, the way you write makes it easy to read while not being too simplistic, and it's not overly complicated/sophisticated either. Good balance~
I can't wait for more. I feel so guilty for some reason... >/////>

your post just made me squeal oh god, THANK YOU SO MUCH, I'm so glad you're enjoying it, I read your post on my profile and you basicaly lost Aqua getting out of the Realm of Darkness and healing Vanitas that was literally dying (he found Terra's Lingering Will/Sentiment/whatever and you know how it goes).

yeah, that last sentence came really from the bottom of my fangirl heart, it just made all the sense to put it there since she felt so vulnerable. To be honest, after writing that I felt like making it the story logo or something.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
itwasmybedtime said:
"Stating." it came a lot more softer than she intended it to, almost weak. Aqua didn't like the effect he was having on her one bit."Hum," Vanitas mumbled, placing his hand on he wall right beside her head. It was driving her crazy and he knew. "I'm here now, what did you have to say?"

I'm such a fangirl for these two right now. I can't stop smiling and feel like I'm reading the beginning of a romance novel. I'm dying inside for these two to get closer and make out against a wall. The fact that Vanitas is lending her his clothes. Oh my gosh, I can't wait for her to wake up and hear more compliments on her figure. OR catch sight of her in a towel after she showers. *face turns tomato red* I love this more vulnerable Aqua, cause it leads to so many possibilities with Vanitas. If they stay together for more than a week, then I think Vanitas isn't going to want her to leave once he gets used to her presence. And dear god, what could be behind that red door. Can't wait to see what happens next! Also, I'm proud of Aqua staying somewhat away from the forbidden door too. :)

Awards
I'm really glad I read this :) I've always been a huge Vanitas fan, but I never really pictured him paired with anyone. Oh well, guess that's what fanfics are for. I loved the dynamic between Aqua and Vanitas, though it's a little strange seeing Vanitas act so differently (at least at first). I have a ton of questions, but I'm sure you'll answer them later, and I'll wait patiently till then. Again, nice work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back