• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

100% Standard not gonna happen

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xelon99

Awards
Nope. I'm at 92% on Standard mode for Ven. Kinda forgot you'd actually need to get a Fantastic score on the Ice Cream Beat for the last song to pop up. Not even gonna bother with it ._. I'll even ignore the trophy I'll miss forever.

The Final Episode and Secret Endings can be unlocked through getting only the Secret Reports and 140 Sticker points in Critical, right? So it would be wiser to just make a playthrough for all characters on Critical now to finish everything.

However a question... if I play through the game on Critical with Terra/Aqua and finish getting all reports, can I go back in a Normal file of Ven and do the Vanitas/Unknown fight?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Nope. I'm at 92% on Standard mode for Ven. Kinda forgot you'd actually need to get a Fantastic score on the Ice Cream Beat for the last song to pop up. Not even gonna bother with it ._. I'll even ignore the trophy I'll miss forever.

The Final Episode and Secret Endings can be unlocked through getting only the Secret Reports and 140 Sticker points in Critical, right? So it would be wiser to just make a playthrough for all characters on Critical now to finish everything.

However a question... if I play through the game on Critical with Terra/Aqua and finish getting all reports, can I go back in a Normal file of Ven and do the Vanitas/Unknown fight?

If you're asking about unlocking the episode by playing in mixed difficulties... I don't know. I've long suspected that you can mix difficulties so long as you get the requirements for each individual difficulty, but I've never seen anyone actually try it and report back.

If you're just asking about the superboss trophies: yeah, that'll be fine.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Vanitas Remant and the Unknown appear after you finished the Final Episode (unlocked by collecting all reports), the Armor of Eraqus (and by extend No Heart) is simply unlocked by finishing the game with the respective character (and using the game clear savefile).

The Secret Episode & Blank Points are only unlocked by completing the unlock conditions for every character, meaning you would still have to finish Ventus's Sticker Album and get the Keyslinger trophy (defeat 9999 Unversed) if you played his story on Normal. Terra & Aqua on the other hand don't have other extra conditions on Critical, besides finishing the Final Episode (which you need to do anway).

Xelon99

Awards
If you're asking about unlocking the episode by playing in mixed difficulties... I don't know. I've long suspected that you can mix difficulties so long as you get the requirements for each individual difficulty, but I've never seen anyone actually try it and report back.

If you're just asking about the superboss trophies: yeah, that'll be fine.

Kinda asking both xD I've been searching online for about an hour and I only see info on the regular version. I remember in the original it was unlocked through getting 100% Journal for every character, along with the Final Episode if you play on Standard, with only the Secret Episode if you play on Proud and Critical. The few things I see for either the Final Mix or the 2.5 version is to get certain Trophies, 100% the journals and finish the Final Episode. Way too confusing. But I suppose I'll see for myself.

I'm going to start a Standard mode for Aqua and Terra either way, and a Critical run later on probably. I'll just skip the annoying parts for now.

Vanitas Remant and the Unknown appear after you finished the Final Episode (unlocked by collecting all reports), the Armor of Eraqus (and by extend No Heart) is simply unlocked by finishing the game with the respective character (and using the game clear savefile).

The Secret Episode & Blank Points are only unlocked by completing the unlock conditions for every character, meaning you would still have to finish Ventus's Sticker Album and get the Keyslinger trophy (defeat 9999 Unversed) if you played his story on Normal. Terra & Aqua on the other hand don't have other extra conditions on Critical, besides finishing the Final Episode (which you need to do anway).

AoE and No Heart haven't unlocked for me though, even though I finished Vanitas off before. Might be because I'm not at the rank 30 yet...?

So to get both the Secret Episode and the Secret Ending on Standard Difficulty I just need to finish the Final Episode, which unlocks from getting all Reports (that hasn't changed, right?) along with 9,999 Unversed and 140 points for all Sticker Albums? Just wanna be certain about it

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
So to get both the Secret Episode and the Secret Ending on Standard Difficulty I just need to finish the Final Episode, which unlocks from getting all Reports (that hasn't changed, right?) along with 9,999 Unversed and 140 points for all Sticker Albums? Just wanna be certain about it

Yup, that's pretty much it.
That's 9999 across all folders, of course, and stickers in each folder.

Xelon99

Awards

Yup, that's pretty much it.
That's 9999 across all folders, of course, and stickers in each folder.

To be honest I don't see how defeating 9,999 Unversed is even a challenge. If you're aiming to get all trophies, you'll get the 9,999 with ease. But either way, it's not bad at all then! Just gotta get all stickers now and I'm done. Thanks a lot~

Correct, AoM requires arena level 28.

Yeah that's what I suspected. I'm at 26 now with everything finished, aside from a few Arena battles I haven't been able to unlock yet because I've only played as Ventus... Shouldn't be hard to get there however

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
To be honest I don't see how defeating 9,999 Unversed is even a challenge. If you're aiming to get all trophies, you'll get the 9,999 with ease. But either way, it's not bad at all then! Just gotta get all stickers now and I'm done. Thanks a lot~

Here's my theory: the BBS:FM team (that's when these changes were added) realized it was really stupid to have you do the exact same thing in three folders like in BBS Vanilla. But they still wanted you to use all three folders and not necessarily favour one character over another. As a result, they added one challenge that's different in all three folders (the stickers) and one challenge that crosses three folders, which was already highly visible in the game via the in-game trophy.

You can still use a favourite for the Keyslinger, but at least the work you did finishing the other two stories saves you trouble.

Xelon99

Awards
It makes sense. Though you'd need to play through all three characters to beat the game anyway, and through following the story you'll unlock the abilities needed to get all stickers. You'd still need to search the stickers and place them correctly, but that's not that much work. I would've added to finish the Unversed section of each Journal, which would mean you'd actually have to grind a bit and do each minigame to some extent on each character to get through the Arena. But I suppose that's a part preference.

And then again, some people simply rush through the game, barely melding at all until they beat the game and move on to the next character. You probably wont get 9,999 through those means.

Also, if it was just for the Remix version, saying that they wanted to give the audience a break and be able to play and finish the Secret Episode as well, as not everyone is able to either do all minigames or beat it on Critical.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
And then again, some people simply rush through the game, barely melding at all until they beat the game and move on to the next character. You probably wont get 9,999 through those means.

No, you won't, and I say that because it happened to me, even playing a relatively thorough Standard mode gameplay on the PSP. It wasn't until I set about clearing the journals (...something I have to do again...) that I got Keyslinger.

Xelon99

Awards
I cleared as much of the journal before the final fight, mainly melding attacks and getting all abilities and such. I thought I was going to need those. I suppose from leveling the attacks I got past the amount with ease. No wonder I'm nearly 70 hours in for Ventus... Oh well, least I'd get that 80 hour trophy as well with "ease"

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I think the 9,999 Unversed was a way to encourage players to take it slow and enjoy the game. After finishing Terra's story the first time, I was highly tempted to rush through Ventus' to get to the ending. But you have to fight your way through each area, each pack of Unversed, if you want to stand a chance against the bosses and each level.

By the time I finished the four main stories, I was still a few thousand Unversed short. It was only by going through Mirage Arena that I got the 9,999 Unversed done, and even then, it took forever​ to get them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back