• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My recent BBS experiences

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Hello everyone! I thought it would be fun to share some of my most recent BBS experiences with you, I myself enjoy reading about other people's experience so why not share mine~ pssst, this thread contains possible spoilers! but since BBS is an old game, I won't hide them!
Times I played BBS/original version: 1 Standard and 1 Proud with Terra, 1 Proud with Ventus, 1 Proud and 1 Critical Level 1 with Aqua ( lost all my old save files, now I only have my Critical Level 1 save files... )

imnottrustingyouplz.gif
Firstly, I recently finished Aqua's story on Critical Level 1 and I was surprised to notice that her final battles, the one with Braig and Ventus-Vanitas, are super easy. Usually I would have said "Yeah of course, because you're higher leveled" but I can't tell myself that since it's a Level 1 run
lol.gif
I finished Braig after just 4 tries, and the Ventus-Vanitas fight took me around 10 (which is INCREDIBLY fast!!!) because Mickey constantly got in the way when I needed to block one of VenVan's attacks and let Renewal Barrier save me. One of those tries was such an AWKWARD experience, because, during the whole fight, Ventus-Vanitas was attacking only Mickey. Not me. Sometimes he remembered I existed and hit me with his Dark Sonic Blade attack, but, other than that, Mickey was his target, until he drops dead, and then Venitas would attack me. But Mickey would get healthy again, and Venitas would again DITCH me. There was no way I could fight like that! I couldn't place good counters. For once I wished Mickey would mind his own business xD This is why this fight was easy, I got the feeling Vanitas' fusion with Ventus slowed him down or made him less spontaneous. But also because Mickey got me freaking frustrated, I wanted Senpai's Venitas' attention for myself!! ; ^ ; sometimes I'm such a girl

wp_20150208_001_by_libertaschi-d8hz6e6.jpg
wthewwplz.png
This is the pic from when I finished Aqua's story. You know, I spent a looooooooooooot of time playing on the Command Board. A lot. (Does the Command Board exists in 2.5 ReMIX??) But also, there were some of the Arena missions and I kept losing. I'm the richest person in the KH universe with all the munny I got from these failed Arena missions. I remember clearly that the Copycat Crisis mission took me 56 minutes to win, as the play-time and other stats show up after winning a mission. And that's an easy one, because you have a boss that's vulnerable to Ignite and Poison. But that's not the thing I posted to picture for. See those 4440x Sonic Blade uses? Jesus Christ! That's a huge number! And you know from where I got them? From the Harsh Punishment mission. The easiest way to beat Iron Imprisoner III AND IV is to use well-timed Sonic Blade, but, since on Level 1 you deal 1 or 2 HP damage to bosses, I had to repeat that a lot until I beat Iron Imprisoner III. Didn't get to Keepers of the Arena by that time. 4440x Sonic Blade!! *faints*

wp_20150214_001_by_libertaschi-d8hzb4n.jpg
wp_20150213_001_by_libertaschi-d8hzb52.jpg

imthinkingplz.png
You know you're a pro when... you find little bugs in official games. I'm not the only one finding these things
eyes.gif
Now, let me explain the first photo. During your boss battle with Vanitas in Neverland, get Vanitas to that place and 90% of times he will miss you when he does his Afterimage retaliation attack from above you. I fought this battle hundreds of times for fun and for training (learning to keep a cool head when your opponent is unpredictable, even if he follows a pattern of moves). Every time this thing works for me in that specific place, I stay still and watch Vanitas' counter miss me. Perhaps it's only my copy of the game? I dunno. And now the second picture. Well, after finishing Aqua's story, I wanted to complete the Mirage Arena, but couldn't endure Keepers of the Arena because Level 1 and took forever. All other missions are totally doable. So I created a separate save file I would use for level-grinding and beat the Arena at Level 50 or something, I got there pretty fast. So, while level-grinding, sometimes when I would clear the Reactor area's Unversed, an empty HP bar remained and didn't disappear at all. Maybe a dead Tank Toppler still haunted me. o3o

I think I will add more BBS experiences as replies to this thread as I will play through Ven's and Terra's stories... I hope you enjoyed the read! feel free to tell me your in-game experiences too~~ :3

Anagram

Banned
I'm not surprised. I tried a level one run with Terra and was saddened at how easy the main story was. The command board and melding kinda break the game. lol
Yeah command board is in 2.5 =3

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Huh. I heard about the Vanitas glitch with Mickey, but I wasn't aware of the other glitches that you mentioned. Interesting.

Actually, that second Vanitas glitch reminds me not so much about how the Vanitas Remnant never hits you when you're behind that one rock, but rather the battle against Terra's Lingering Sentiment/Will. During that battle when he uses his Desperation Attack, if you get to the corner of the stage where there is a cliff, just stay there and the Lingering Sentiment will never teleport directly behind you.

Anyway, you're pretty hardcore doing a Level 1 run on the original PSP version! The story bosses are relatively simple enough from what I've heard, but the super bosses can be agonizing. Have fun with Terra and Ven. :)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I'm the richest person in the KH universe with all the munny I got from these failed Arena missions.

Hmm. Even richer than Scrooge McDuck? :D You must have a lot of munny.

98 hours.... Holye Moley that is lot. And that amount of time is only for Aqua. My play time for the original PSP copy of BBS was around 80 hours, but that was the combination of all characters.

I`m looking forward to hear more stories of your BBS playhtrough. LV1 on the original version, very impressive.

itwasmybedtime

hey, finally got Kingdom Hearts 2.5 yesterday, and, since II was actually my priority, I only played BBS for about one hour. Holy cheese, it's different.

The commands are...DIFFERENT! They seem hard to get used to, but I do hope I get the hold of it fast. I only know the base of the story and seeing the cutscenes really brought my interest, the only thing that really annoys me are the camera angles.

I'm so used to I and II where you can see Sora from a little more distance, but in BBS it's really close, which is probably because it was originally from psp, it's probably for me just a matter of habit. Apart from that, I'm really enjoying it!

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I'm so used to I and II where you can see Sora from a little more distance, but in BBS it's really close, which is probably because it was originally from psp, it's probably for me just a matter of habit. Apart from that, I'm really enjoying it!

Yes, that is one of the results of transforming a PSP game into a PS3 HD remix. But I know you'll get used to it ;) and there's an advantage, too... you're closer to everybody, your're closer to the.. villains :> ahahahahaha~
I really hope you'll enjoy BBS as much as I do, every time I play it ♥ I almost forgot about the non-Commands style play, lately there was only BBS and DDD in my hands.. I think the Commands style is making things easier in the games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back