• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Blue Trinity marks ARRGH!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePumpkinQueen

Hiding inside the surprise Jack-O-Lantern
I noticed several thins, i've played this game way to much.

Donald Starts out lower, and goofy is usually higher than sora, no matter what level you are when you meet them.

Also donald levels up quickly at first then tempers off, where as goofy is a bit slow and speeds up. so i assume they have a diffrent learning curve to make the party more balanced amongst the three.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I noticed several thins, i've played this game way to much.

Donald Starts out lower, and goofy is usually higher than sora, no matter what level you are when you meet them.

Also donald levels up quickly at first then tempers off, where as goofy is a bit slow and speeds up. so i assume they have a diffrent learning curve to make the party more balanced amongst the three.

It sounds like they're doing the same thing they did in the Dive to the Heart. Donald is Staff, Goofy is Shield, and the game presumes Sora will be Sword, like how he has the Sword in Days. Likewise, even though it wasn't as obvious, Donald is Dawn, Goofy is Night, and Sora is presumed to be Noon, the "normal" kind of levelling up.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Huh, interesting pumpkin. I just noticed "Ew, big level gap" and didn't know why.

Anyway since it might help people that are bad at The Art of MGS with the sniperwilds (For those that haven't played FFXI, "MGS" is slang for "Sneaking around hardcore (And by hardcore, I mean no sneak or invisible spells)"; came from you guessed it, Metal Gear Solid. Um, where's my cardboard box?) I'll get the vanilla version since I didn't delete my save off the PC and I don't have a tv tuner card in my pc to hook the PS3 to, and see if I can add a little guide to the synth guide to help folks out who are just..terrible at it. ^^ (Going to use the vanilla to show you how to jump up there.)

[Edit] At Final Rest now just to farm synth materials. I should be able to get Ultima Weapon pretty soon. I just hope I can find neoshadows as well as the 'shrooms.

[Edit again] AHA, found them. Thunder Stones give me a headache (ugh Black Ballade..) but I have access to the last three synths now. Hopefully I can get the mats, but Ultima Weapon first! that's why I went though all that..Then since i'm level 90, soon as I finish and farm up enough munny/stuff for some more elixirs (I swear, they don't drop as much as I remember...) Sephy, you're going DOWN!

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Glad to hear you finally got those diddlying Sniper Wilds.

Sephiroth, while imposing, it pretty simple as far as a boss fight goes. You've beaten him before, so you should be fine here.

I usually only use one or two Elixirs for Sephiroth in case I can't get to him in time to stop Heartless Angel. I need them more for the other superbosses more than him, weirdly enough. With Xemnas in particular, I run through those like running water. XD

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Strangely I swear the vanilla drops them more than Final Mix. I have maxed out potions and hipotions b/c of them dropping stuff; only 10 elixirs though.

And I hope so. I'll kick his butt in, and Ice Titan too.

[ediot] MMM, Okay, going to look up drop rates on myrthil shards if I can. Been killing the scorp ad nasuem to get them, but I got enough myrthil stones to get all the myrthils I need for dark matter. Just..myrthil shards seem to be shy. Wish me luck, but I'll get enough.

[Edit again] Bambi did the trick..I swear, I never abused summons like this in the vanilla. Mostly only Tink. Found if I got to World Terminus and summoned Bambi at the Agrabah world, I'd get average of 1 shard per run to the end. (Not 100%; I think it's a 50/50 drop) Anyway, Ultima Weapon's mine. I'll get the two bosses I need to run solo, then work on Donald and Goofy's just cuz.

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Bambi's great, I can't praise him up enough.

Good luck getting D&G's weapons. I like other shields on Goofy (I think I ended the game with the Save the King?) but in KH1, I like giving Donald the best MP staff no matter what, and that's exactly what the Moogles will give you.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Update; Sephy and the Ice Titan are DOWN! Sephy gave me more trouble than ice titan; Ice Titan's easy if you know the trick, actually. Run into the stands, make sure you have block on, and smack/block his icicles right back at him. (MP Rage also helps to reduce the amount of Elixirs you use; cures of course. Don't ever use any of the aero series tho or he'll kick your ass) Which will damage him; I know one FAQ writer that said he leveled to level 100 just on Ice Titan back in the day. I think I only had to use one elixir on Ice Titan before I got the rhythm down. Sephy took me two tries (I reset in between b/c getting elixirs takes way too darned long), was worth it. I think I used two elixirs on him?

I'd leveled to 100 earlier just trying to grind munny for Orichalcums for Elixirs tho; shocked me a little when it happened but it'll make things easier here. (Why they added that to the recipe, I don't know; is it for the bottle?! lol.) Now to finish up the new synths and look up strats for the other extra boss.

Oh and I ended up with 44 elixirs from synthing and from drops, which I hope will be enough to carry me to the end.

Anyway, if anyone has any strats for the other secret boss, I'm all ears since our Nobody friend (well, as a boss in KH1 at least..) is new to me. Meanwhile I'll finish Hundred Acre Wood and get Donald and Goofy's synth weaps done, then see what would be the best for both. ^^ Just cuz. ^^

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I'd leveled to 100 earlier just trying to grind munny for Orichalcums for Elixirs tho; shocked me a little when it happened but it'll make things easier here. (Why they added that to the recipe, I don't know; is it for the bottle?! lol.)

Hah, maybe. Of course the real reason was to secretly say "Elixirs cost 15000 munny now."

Anyway, if anyone has any strats for the other secret boss, I'm all ears since our Nobody friend (well, as a boss in KH1 at least..) is new to me. Meanwhile I'll finish Hundred Acre Wood and get Donald and Goofy's synth weaps done, then see what would be the best for both. ^^ Just cuz. ^^

At Level 100, you're going to walk through the last secret boss like paper. I find Xemnas just isn't built for that, since you've got practice on Sephiroth but now you have Donald and Goofy and Summons, too. Poor guy. It's clear some people online find him harder, but I'm not one of them... so if you are having trouble, I won't be very helpful, but if you handled Sephiroth so well, I think you'll be fine.

Open with Tinker Bell (of course), keep Aeroga up, and all you'll need to worry about is his special ability to lock down your control panel. It's something easier learned in practice. Once you get a hang of that, the whole show is over. By that point in the game, I was also giving Goofy very few attacks so that he would use MP Gift more often (like the Phantom fight, but not as extreme) so that may have helped as well. Frankly, Goofy is useful for keeping Xemnas distracted, so you might not want to take away all his toys.

The Wiki's guide is good for this fight, though I don't recommend using Gravity like they do. The fact that Gravity hurts him is more cute trivia than good strategy.

Last edited:

Some guy

The Wiki's guide is good for this fight, though I don't recommend using Gravity like they do. The fact that Gravity hurts him is more cute trivia than good strategy.
Gravity, just like gravity break and zantetsuken do not only damage him but also stun him. The stun effect is actually the most important here because it will keep him from swinging a laser blade at you mid combo ... And since gravity can be used at long range, using it is the best strategy in this fight, since closing in on him is no simple matter (moreso at lv1).

I do agree at lv 100, you can blitz through everyting in KH1, even in proud.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Hm, okay, that makes sense. I was never really able to hit him with it, I suppose that was my problem. If you can't hit the guy...

Gravity Break is a must-have.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
You were right BlackDrazon. I kicked his butt and took names; I don't have gravity break that I can see but I made sure to have zantetsuken equipped. Oh and one more thing; made sure Donald and Goofy had Elixirs and Megaelixirs equipped in their item slots, I think that saved my can too. I don't think I died once, but I was too busy to notice if Tink disappeared or not.

Still need to get Goofy's synth weapon, ugh black ballades. Hate them, but they're no where near as annoying as the sniperwilds. (Otherwise you'd of heard me grousing long before this.) I'll proly see if I can do a time trial too; I rarely do those but at level 100, I should be able to get the shield from those np. Also need to finish Hundred Acre Wood, but after that..Off to beat it.

As for the secret boss; I do know who he is b/c of KH2, but still yipes. Spooky, esp since yes, you can hear Sora in that scene but our nobody friend's unvoiced. Makes it spookier in my mind.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
You were right BlackDrazon. I kicked his butt and took names; I don't have gravity break that I can see but I made sure to have zantetsuken equipped. Oh and one more thing; made sure Donald and Goofy had Elixirs and Megaelixirs equipped in their item slots, I think that saved my can too. I don't think I died once, but I was too busy to notice if Tink disappeared or not.

Still need to get Goofy's synth weapon, ugh black ballades. Hate them, but they're no where near as annoying as the sniperwilds. (Otherwise you'd of heard me grousing long before this.) I'll proly see if I can do a time trial too; I rarely do those but at level 100, I should be able to get the shield from those np. Also need to finish Hundred Acre Wood, but after that..Off to beat it.

As for the secret boss; I do know who he is b/c of KH2, but still yipes. Spooky, esp since yes, you can hear Sora in that scene but our nobody friend's unvoiced. Makes it spookier in my mind.

Almost there, then! Most of the time trials should be easy for you, even the Hades cup is fairly easy at Lv. 100.

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Huh, and I just found out where to get Gravity Break. Herc Cup Time Trial, right? No wonder I didn't have it, but I'll get that too. Good to know that I should just steamroll them. ^^

[Edit] Forgot I had to beat each with Sora alone first. Did that handily; had some trouble with Herc, but I won in the end. Strangely I had less trouble with Hades Cup over Herc Cup, time trial wise. Didn't bother using any of my hiethers; just went with the hipots that I have been getting for free while farming munny (I had 99 of them)

I guess that shows tho that relying on old strat guides/old experience sometimes doesn't help much, esp since I did not know they'd changed the rewards around. But for future playthoughs, I'll get Gravity Break and equip it before I mess with our Nobody friend. Just cuz.

Also just so you guys know, been liking the new camera. I'd played games Square Enix did after KH before I first played KH; Ugh the original camera drove. me. batty. Hey come on, should be on the second stick..But this makes it perfect, at least if you remember this is a very old game, just better graphics now.

[Edit again] Okay, Hundred Acre Wood is locked tight. I had to call 'Neko again to smash that blasted pot (I'll work on that; I won't be living with 3 siblings forever I don't think) but at least I found everyone. Now just that shield and ready to go. Thanks for all the help guys for the new stuff in FM; I'll make another topic if the third game in that collection starts driving me bananas.

Also a thought for when I get to KH 2 FM; I might just try a Ice Cream Beat trick and turn my wireless headphones off. Maybe that'll make it easier?

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Huh, and I just found out where to get Gravity Break. Herc Cup Time Trial, right? No wonder I didn't have it, but I'll get that too. Good to know that I should just steamroll them. ^^

[Edit] Forgot I had to beat each with Sora alone first. Did that handily; had some trouble with Herc, but I won in the end. Strangely I had less trouble with Hades Cup over Herc Cup, time trial wise. Didn't bother using any of my hiethers; just went with the hipots that I have been getting for free while farming munny (I had 99 of them)

I guess that shows tho that relying on old strat guides/old experience sometimes doesn't help much, esp since I did not know they'd changed the rewards around. But for future playthoughs, I'll get Gravity Break and equip it before I mess with our Nobody friend. Just cuz.

Also just so you guys know, been liking the new camera. I'd played games Square Enix did after KH before I first played KH; Ugh the original camera drove. me. batty. Hey come on, should be on the second stick..But this makes it perfect, at least if you remember this is a very old game, just better graphics now.

Good to hear you took him down easily enough. Mansex Xemnas had a really bad habit of using that one drain attack that saps out all your health unless you choose the right command, but insta-kills you if you select the wrong one (Tinker Bell is a godsend in that battle).

Also, there was a video that details how you can easily sidestep the time trail issue somewhat for the Hercules Cup. It works in all versions of the game:

http://youtu.be/aZMBlvJlxL0?t=17m46s

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Kuro; I think I ended up using that bug to get though it lol. But I'll remember that. Might come in handy on another playthough later.

[Edit] Beat it after I got Five Elements. On Re: Com now; If someone could close this and rename it as "KH FM Help when you've beaten regular KH" I'd appreciate it, thanks. If I get stuck on re: com I'll make another topic. ^^

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Congrats on beating it! I suppose it does make sense to move a Re:CoM thread to its proper forum. Good luck in it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back