• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Character Ages

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hovhannes1998

So after reading the secret reports in kh2 and even kh1, I begin to question how old Ansem, Xehanort, and Mickey are. Mickey has seen Xehanort as a child, but he is super old now, even in BBS. Is there something I'm missing?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Er well, Mickey is probably immortal based on what we've seen of Steamboat Willie. He just doesn't age. Terra was probably around twenty when MX possessed him so I'd say he was probably a year older when he meat Mickey. Ansem I'd say is late forties-early fifties

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
The ages of most Disney characters is something I don't question. Huey, Dewy, and Louie, have apparently been the same ages since forever.

The Xehanort Mickey came to know as Ansem's apprentice had possessed the body of a twenty something year old. The elderly Xehanort of BbS and current is how he actually looks like.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Mickey has seen Xehanort as a child

No he hasn't. He's seen old man Xehanort, and Apprentice Xehanort which I will explain, and in KH3D he's seen Young Xehanort in his teens (due to time travel hijinks).

but he is super old now, even in BBS.

Yeah, because BBS is a prequel.

Is there something I'm missing?

Very much so.

Birth By Sleep takes place ten years in the past where Master Xehanort is a dying old man trying to body snatch in order to extend his life to complete his plans on gaining the power of Kingdom Hearts and "seeing what lies beyond the Keyblade War". At the end of BBS, he successfully takes over Terra's body which grants him the youth he was seeking. Long story short, after fighting Aqua and stabbing himself in the chest, Terranort wakes up in Radiant Garden with "no memories" except the name "Xehanort" and so he becomes an apprentice of Ansem the Wise.

This is who Mickey meets in the flashback in KH2, which is still ten years in the past.

Not long after this, Xehanort and the other apprentices begin their experiments on the heart in secret and later exile Ansem the Wise. Ten years pass, and we arrive at KH1, then a few months we reach CoM, then a year after CoM we reach KH2.

So. BBS Master Xehanort is likely in his 80s. After taking over Terra's body, he's about 20.

Xemnas, Nomura figures, is 30. (This fits with the ten year timeline)

Ansem the Wise probably isn't any older than 60 considering his wrinkles aren't that deep-set and he still has blond hair. I always figured he was probably in his 50s.

Mickey is an undeterminable age. I don't think he's immortal like Swoosh believes, but he's been around for some time. Time in every world moves differently, though, so he could be a lot older than we think but that's normal for his homeworld.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Disney Castle/town is home of the never aging classic characters. I hope that gets addressed eventually. I'm trying to figure out how the whole Timeless River and Country of Musketeers thing came together.

I'm curious about the ages of the princesses from BBS since isn't it implied that their worlds were consumed just a little before KH1. If so, they sure did age well.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm curious about the ages of the princesses from BBS since isn't it implied that their worlds were consumed just a little before KH1. If so, they sure did age well.

Time moves differently in each world, so some princesses probably didn't age because time didn't move much in their world. When a world is destroyed, the people within the world will go into a state of a suspended animation if they weren't thrown across the universe to various worlds.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Disney Castle/town is home of the never aging classic characters. I hope that gets addressed eventually. I'm trying to figure out how the whole Timeless River and Country of Musketeers thing came together.

I would like an explaination for Country of Musketeers' place in Disney Castle's origins as well. That's never made sense to me. In regards to the Disney Castle's residence's apparent immortality, I doubt it will ever be directly addressed. I think it goes beyond the "time moves differently in some worlds" explaination. The writers probably just expect the fans to just "roll with it", LOL.

Xelon99

Awards
Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pete and all those "old" characters are 50+ years old chronologically. They've been around since before Xehanort even was born as you noticed. Same for Yen Sid, has he was already old and retired when Xehanort and Eraqus were just starting their part.

However there's one good, clear rule on that matter. Time flows differently for each world.
For example in BBS, Hercules was a child. "10" years later in KH1, Herc is an adult. In the same time ten years pass for the players chronologic point of view, 15 or 20 years have passed in the Colosseum.
In KH2, you reunite Simba and Nala the first time you arrive. The second time, Nala is pregnant. Kinda fast but doable. But in the end credits, the cub is born. Seeing how lions carry the cub for 110 days, there's no possible way the journey of KH2 took that long.
I believe Ansem even stated that time flows different in the realm of Darkness.

It's clearly known that Disney characters rarely age at all. Any cartoon character rarely ages in fact. Yet characters from other franchises or designs, you could even say worlds, do age.

Anagram

Banned
I don't see any ages being addressed outside the original stated ages of Sora, Kairi and Riku in the KH1 and KH2 manuals.

The writers probably just expect the fans to just "roll with it", LOL.

That's about the only way to keep going. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back