• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Scorseselover

Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

I prefer Ansem to be the snobby fiance from Titanic again

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

I prefer Ansem to be the snobby fiance from Titanic again

Zane was in a pretty hateful anti-America film, which TV Tropes surmises had a role in his not being asked back. Though Clancy would've been a great replacement from the start, if they wanted a voice that sounded really close to Zane.

Scorseselover

Zane was in a pretty hateful anti-America film, which TV Tropes surmises had a role in his not being asked back. Though Clancy would've been a great replacement from the start, if they wanted a voice that sounded really close to Zane.
I don't think that's why Zane was kicked out, I mean if that was the case then Leonard Nimoy shouldn't be in these games

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I don't think that's why Zane was kicked out, I mean if that was the case then Leonard Nimoy shouldn't be in these games

Eh. The difference between Billy Zane and Leonard Nimoy is that Billy Zane was snubbed out of his entire acting career and not just a voice role because of a film about Iraq that made America out as the bad guys during a time when the Iraq War was at its height, whereas Leonard Nimoy has always been beloved by the world for his role in Star Trek and contributions to the arts regardless of his opinions.

He's also never been in a film that was so overtly anti-American during a time when it was heresy to do so.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

So judging by the credits of re:coded Joe Ochman is voicing Jiminy Cricket. Phil Snyder is not listed in the credits.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

So judging by the credits of re:coded Joe Ochman is voicing Jiminy Cricket. Phil Snyder is not listed in the credits.
He did a great job because I honestly couldn't tell the difference.

Poor Phil though, I wonder if it was temporary or if he's been fully replaced.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Speaking of replacements...I still haven't found anything about the BBS:FM Secret Episode in English, so I'm not sure if they managed to get Willa back? Has anyone seen/played it yet...?

Scorseselover

If Tomorrowland is added I hope George Clooney is in

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Speaking of replacements...I still haven't found anything about the BBS:FM Secret Episode in English, so I'm not sure if they managed to get Willa back? Has anyone seen/played it yet...?

Square, for some reason, has been removing videos of the secret episode on youtube BUT Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX English - Birth by Sleep - Aqua enters the Realm of Darkness - Vìdeo Dailymotion

She IS back, and she sounds better than ever.

WhinyAcademic

Awards

Anyone think the guy playing Mickey in the current Mickey Mouse shorts will replace Bret Iwan for III? Iwan's been pretty hit or miss with his performance. The Mickey Mouse shorts guy sounds pretty good.

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards

Chris Diamantopoulos will not replace Mickey in KHIII. Diamantopoulos was hired solely for that series and nothing else. I'm not sure the reasoning why, but that's how it is from my understanding.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Chris Diamantopoulos is best Mickey, 10/10, but Bret Iwan sounds more like the mascot Mickey that we know in KH. Damn shame too, that KH will never be as funny as the Mickey shorts.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Chris was hired for the shorts because he sounds exactly like Walt did when Walt was voicing Mickey and the cartoons have a retro style to them.

sonickenshin

Awards

Anyone think the guy playing Mickey in the current Mickey Mouse shorts will replace Bret Iwan for III? Iwan's been pretty hit or miss with his performance. The Mickey Mouse shorts guy sounds pretty good.
Diamantopoulos has done a splendid job in the shorts, but I doubt they will let him. It would be great, though.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

after watching an episode of supernatural i am 100% confident jason dohring will be a better terra.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

after watching an episode of supernatural i am 100% confident jason dohring will be a better terra.
I've been saying that since 2010 but no one truly believed until tonight ;~;

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I've been saying that since 2010 but no one truly believed until tonight ;~;

lol i haven't seen anything with him in since bbs, before that it was moonlight and a movie called black cadillac. people are too quick to judge VAs off one role, then again i was pmuch the same with richard epcar until he began to glow in later games

with JM always a pro, WH shining in arrow and now JD showing his true colors, TAV is a force to reckon with.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

In his early career he was in Veronica Mars. In 2012 he was in one episode of The Tomorrow People. I'm pre sure there's some other stuff out there he's been in two, but with a better voice direction + some experience now he'll be a fantastic Terra.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Is it just me, or does David Gallagher sound more 'alive', and energetic in KH1, KH2, and Re:COM than in DDD and the new Re:Coded movie? And this isn't just a matter of 'his character is more mature now'. There are some awfully stale reads from him in DDD.

sonickenshin

Awards

Yeah, I agree. He's been really monotone lately. When he shows emotion though, he's great, but otherwise yeah. : / I hope this isn't the case in KHIII. And, that's good to hear about Jason Dohring. Hopefully with some decent direction, he'll be great in KHIII.

Back