• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy 13-Weapons Trophy?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePumpkinQueen

Hiding inside the surprise Jack-O-Lantern
Ok, I'm at the point in the game, where other than finishing leveling up my characters, I just have marks, and getting all the weapon and acessory trophys. acessory i know what to do no problem.

Weapons i"m not so sure. The whole dismantle into others is confusing. Can anyone help me with this?

Hate admiting it but i'm stuck.

Also what are strong weapons. I am unsure what to equip my characters now. (i'm on mark 30)

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Ok, I'm at the point in the game, where other than finishing leveling up my characters, I just have marks, and getting all the weapon and acessory trophys. acessory i know what to do no problem.

Weapons i"m not so sure. The whole dismantle into others is confusing. Can anyone help me with this?

Hate admiting it but i'm stuck.

Also what are strong weapons. I am unsure what to equip my characters now. (i'm on mark 30)

So you're going for the Platinum?

If I remember correctly. I believe for the weapons you'll need every tier one and tier two but you can upgrade the one you want for a tier three weapon and just once. There's a store that allows you to by multiplier experience. And there's an ingredient common drop or you could buy to multiply those points by three. Once you level max those weapons you can use a catalyst item to evolve that weapon.

Whatever you do, don't sell your weapons or accessories unless they're the SAME items are repeated. There's also a trophy that asking for get every item. So make sure you travel every point of the game to get every treasure chests.

As for the missions. You'll need an item that will slowly make the timing easier for you. Plus for experience points, there's a mission that rewards you a growth egg. The best leveling up spot is where you'll see a behemoth fighting something similar of its size. I'll try to guide you through lol.

ThePumpkinQueen

Yeah, i'm going for the platinum. I havn't sold any of my acessorys or weapons and have been making sure i dont leave a spot unchecked for treasure spheres.

I know the area your speaking of. I heard that was a good grinding spot. to finish their three main ones I went up and down the path above one of the marks . My six characters are fully leveled on their three main points. I got a lot of their stuff early so i got a decent amount of CP built up by the time the next tier unlocked. I just started on the other three.

I think you get that exp egg from mark 34 or 35, i know its in the thirties, i'm close to getting it, and boy do i need it. their main skills were hard enough but the CP required for their non main jobs are crazy high.

and what do you mean by timing easier?

So weapons can go up to three?

also to get the 100k hit, what item do i need to go past the 99k limit?

and after facing some of these marks. I take every bad thing i ever said about the final boss back. I thought that battle was hard... i stand corrected. and i heard you can go back and re-do it to get a five star rank for another trophy. But i' can't get more than four stars.

But those are what im working for, the weapon, acessory, mark, five staring the final boss, and the 100k hit. and i think the last hidden trophy has somthing to do with chocobos but not sure.

I'll see if I can't get that Egg tonight so i can farm CP easier. instead of spending three and a half hours wandeirng around pulse, i'll use that spot you mentioned.

How many weapons does each character have?

*Edit* I was wrong. I double checked where to get the growth egg it is mark 55, so i got a ways to go. I dont know why i was thinking it was in the thirties. i must be getting things mixed up again. but im on mark 32 now. so only 23 marks to go. T.T

PS: really appreciate the help thank you.

Last edited:

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, i'm going for the platinum. I havn't sold any of my acessorys or weapons and have been making sure i dont leave a spot unchecked for treasure spheres.

I know the area your speaking of. I heard that was a good grinding spot. to finish their three main ones I went up and down the path above one of the marks . My six characters are fully leveled on their three main points. I got a lot of their stuff early so i got a decent amount of CP built up by the time the next tier unlocked. I just started on the other three.

I think you get that exp egg from mark 34 or 35, i know its in the thirties, i'm close to getting it, and boy do i need it. their main skills were hard enough but the CP required for their non main jobs are crazy high.

and what do you mean by timing easier?

So weapons can go up to three?

also to get the 100k hit, what item do i need to go past the 99k limit?

and after facing some of these marks. I take every bad thing i ever said about the final boss back. I thought that battle was hard... i stand corrected. and i heard you can go back and re-do it to get a five star rank for another trophy. But i' can't get more than four stars.

But those are what im working for, the weapon, acessory, mark, five staring the final boss, and the 100k hit. and i think the last hidden trophy has somthing to do with chocobos but not sure.

I'll see if I can't get that Egg tonight so i can farm CP easier. instead of spending three and a half hours wandeirng around pulse, i'll use that spot you mentioned.

How many weapons does each character have?

Each character has 8 sets of weapon. 8 Tier one, 8 Tier two, 8 Tier three. The Tier three weapons are all the same but each of them has their own final version. You'll need just one Tier three of your choosing. The problem with the weapons is finding the Catalyst items that are required to evolve them.

The Growth Egg is from a Great Ochu from one of the Mission Marks. You just got to beat it to be rewarded the item then later on when you're ready. You can try get the 5 Star Rank on the mission.

Apparently, there's a way to make your Mission 5 Star Ranking them a lot easier and that's by obtaining the Gold Watch (What I meant by timing), It helps you get your timing better.

I'd recommend you to get the Growth Egg as soon as possible. Because grinding for CP is BORING AS HELL. Everything else you'll venture through to your own fun. I believe you'll end up in need of 999999 x 14 times or more.

In this game, you'll need to be VERY PATIENT. Almost forgot to mention details about the Gold Watch. The is a reward from the Final Mark. So if I were you, I'd only worry about grinding your characters first finishing the crystarium. The Final MARK is a PAIN.

ThePumpkinQueen

Thanks, I'll work on leveling. which is what i'm doing now. I havnt come across the ochu mission yet, but i'm keeping an eye out for it. at least their three main crysteriums are maxed.

Where do you get the gold watch?

Welll i'm very sick right now, so i can't really do anything , so nows the best time to grind cp. Platinuming this game will not be easy in the slightest.

Also do I need the perfumes for anything? I notice they sell for a lot and I got forty. and i'd love to sell them, Gil is hard to get.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Thanks, I'll work on leveling. which is what i'm doing now. I havnt come across the ochu mission yet, but i'm keeping an eye out for it. at least their three main crysteriums are maxed.

Where do you get the gold watch?

Welll i'm very sick right now, so i can't really do anything , so nows the best time to grind cp. Platinuming this game will not be easy in the slightest.

Also do I need the perfumes for anything? I notice they sell for a lot and I got forty. and i'd love to sell them, Gil is hard to get.

If I were you, I'd go directly to the mission of the Growth Egg or find the missions that will lead you to that mission. To unlock the mission of the Gold Watch you'll need to go through the Titan Trials which is a set of missions that you'll need to 5 star as well, the only difference these missions you have to do them consecutively.

Perfumes and credit chips are used to be sold for Gil, the more the better. I don't think that's going to be enough but you'll see for yourself.

My memory is kind of fuzzy about the Titan Trials but its something like that. And you don't have to go through every mission now, just find the ones you need to work on as I mentioned above then you start grinding. I feel your pain lol.

ThePumpkinQueen

Alright, i found the growth egg(and got it this morning and somehow five stared it. yay) and the start of the titan trials. (Did the first two, these are not easy trials by any stretch of the imagination)

I counted my weapons i have five for each character, somehow six for lightening, i must be doing something right.

after the watch i'll probably grind for CP, items to upgrade the weapons, and more perfumes. (you get them from those giant, reminded me of a elephant from lord of the rings , creatures.) cause i got around two million gil. but i have a feeling i'll need a lot more to finish upgrades and stuff. I think i'm slowly getting the hang of the weapon system. I didn't focus on it during the main game-play i don't think it would of made a big difference at that point. the final boss was hard , but not hard enough to warrant stronger weapons than what i had them equipped with.

thanks for letting me know that i didn't have to do them in order lol.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Alright, i found the growth egg(and got it this morning and somehow five stared it. yay) and the start of the titan trials. (Did the first two, these are not easy trials by any stretch of the imagination)

I counted my weapons i have five for each character, somehow six for lightening, i must be doing something right.

after the watch i'll probably grind for CP, items to upgrade the weapons, and more perfumes. (you get them from those giant, reminded me of a elephant from lord of the rings , creatures.) cause i got around two million gil. but i have a feeling i'll need a lot more to finish upgrades and stuff. I think i'm slowly getting the hang of the weapon system. I didn't focus on it during the main game-play i don't think it would of made a big difference at that point. the final boss was hard , but not hard enough to warrant stronger weapons than what i had them equipped with.

thanks for letting me know that i didn't have to do them in order lol.

You could have left the Titan Trials later on. It may look simple at first but the final two are not fun. Plus, I HIGHLY Recommend you to start grinding out CP. Because what's going to be ahead of you from those missions is not going to be fun as well; especially the mission where the Gold Watch comes from. The mission that rewards you the Gold Watch is saying fighting the Omega Weapon of the Final Fantasy games.

As for the weapons, you can buy them from the store. So no worries. Only the Tier 1 and Tier 2 I believe are available. Whatever you do, don't waste your money on anything unless if its important shrouds or valuable catalyst items. Don't buy the Trapzehedron; there's a way how to drop them from the Long Gui with Vanille. And if it doesn't drop Trapze, he'll drop Platinum Ingots which can sold for over 500K or 50K gil; I forgot lol.

Be very patient, remember lol.

And this is the mission 64. This is where you get the Gold Watch:

[video=youtube;-oXx7coMqBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oXx7coMqBY[/video]

If you like, this is where I learned how to 5 Star missions. Thanks to the guy who uploaded this video. If you look at his video library, you'll most of the missions there.

ThePumpkinQueen

Yeah, I'm not ready for that. and Omega was a paiin. i grinded so much to be able to fight him.

The egg was deffinately worth it though. everyone is on stage five of their secondary three crystariums. I have a looong way to go.

I don't have all the acessories. But I did manage to get all but one of each's weapons. I need to get more perfumes and igots and sell them to aford to get their last ones and level them. will probably get the last one around the same time as i get the last items so when i travel to vanille's little robot. i can get both at once and not have to travel back when i get the acessories.

Got a tad tired from farming cp, and components. so i'm taking a small break.

That one area is super good for leveling its taken a lot of time out of things thanks. I'd sitll be on teir three at this point.

as five staring goes. I find these things called " sprint shoes" and Datalogs help. though i recently got a scarf that is supposed to help

Last edited:

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
This is how you're going to get Trapezohedron and Platinum Ingots:

[video=youtube;u-TtmXmJaNQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-TtmXmJaNQ[/video]

I'd recommend though to use Vanille instead because one of her second tier weapons Belladona has an ability to long last status ailments against enemies and it'll help you as well for that last mission.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
You're going to find it easy. Just watch. The grind for Gil and CP is what's going to be really annoying. Everything else, just follow what you need to do get the 5 Star on each mission and you're done.

ThePumpkinQueen

I take a break every now and then from farming CP and Gil Items now. I've actually got more than enough items to do the final upgrades. i do a few marks and grind. its taking for ever. I barely have half their teir six on their three extra's done. but doing marks in between make it a tad easier. i'm also going back and five staring some of the marks i only got three or four on. since i did upgrade some weapons. (Belladona is actually a good one, thanks for letting me know. I was actually using a diffrent tier two weapon)

But breaking up the farming and grinding, with mark missions does make it a lot funner.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I did say I had to grind around 999999 x more than 14 times lol. Remember to use that video I posted. I followed his guide on how to 5 Star Rank most of those missions.

For the Long Gui, farming from him will be really easy with Vanille. My battle time was under 50 seconds. You'll get to used to that too.

ThePumpkinQueen

well Update.

I'm on getting their last weapons now, upgrading a spare teir three to their "ultimate" getting enough trans to do this was tedious. stage ten on their secondary crystirums. and have marks 1-35 five starred.

Titans came down easier once they were more leveled. so i'm about half way done. and i think i got all the acessorys acording toa n online list i found. so after i've caught up five staring up to the last five marks (I havn't done those yet) i'll pay a visit to baki to see if I got the trophys. also need to get one more ribbon.

I'll be so glad when I platinum this game. Its fun but after a while it gets repetitive. Hopfully 13-2 is a tad better. I got it for valentines day from my mom, and i've been dying to play it, but i wanted to finish up the first one.

and my time went from being around the 60 hour mark to the 90 hour mark now. I'm thinking i probably have another five to six hours before i platinum.

Last edited:

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Remember, you need just one Tier 3 out of the 7 weapons for each character. Also, you'll need to evolve some of your accessories with Catalysts.

That's great on the mission part, you'll only 19 more to 5 star rank. Some accessories you may be missing are hidden at the Steppes.

XIII-2 is going to really fun. No restrictions on your character development.

ThePumpkinQueen

make that 17 left to five star. and. Celebatory dance. I maxed them out yay! the egg really sped things up i'd still be farming, but now i'm working on maximizing some of my good acessories before attempting to do the last missions. and i did back track and found some treasure spheres i missed the first time. mostly because i got lost.

and i'm missing i think two or three chocobo only items.I have to figure out where those are at in the steppe.

and good i look forward to playing the sequel then. I also have lightening returns. But it will be a while before i play that one i think. cause i still have COM to platinum.

also what are the DLC's for those games. are they worth it?

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
make that 17 left to five star. and. Celebatory dance. I maxed them out yay! the egg really sped things up i'd still be farming, but now i'm working on maximizing some of my good acessories before attempting to do the last missions. and i did back track and found some treasure spheres i missed the first time. mostly because i got lost.

and i'm missing i think two or three chocobo only items.I have to figure out where those are at in the steppe.

and good i look forward to playing the sequel then. I also have lightening returns. But it will be a while before i play that one i think. cause i still have COM to platinum.

also what are the DLC's for those games. are they worth it?

XIII-2 contains DLC; costumes for the characters. Not really a big deal. And, monsters for the Battle Coliseum. Monsters that will end up partnering up with you whenever you need it. XIII-2 gameplay is really different but really fun too.

I haven't bought Lighting Returns due to the fact I have other games in my way lol and I honestly watched the full cut scenes. As for the DLC; its costumes for Lighting that will help her have ways in battle. Something like that.

I knew I forgot to tell you something, when you're fighting the last mission. You got to beat him twice by the way. Just a little tip; poison is your best friend against him and when he readies his special attack Sen Sen Med (or Sen) quickly before he does it.

ThePumpkinQueen

Thanks luckily i havn't gotten to that last mark yet. I'm currently playing a bit of Kingdom hearts. Re-doing it on normal to re-earn the trophy. I really need to set up a psn account so if somthing happens again i don't have to re-do things.

I know that feeling. I recently got final fantasy 7 but i can't play it yet tell i make my way through my stack of games that i want/need to play. but its great knowing i have it physically in my hand. Games I'm working on right now.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5: Remix Normal.
CoM: Twice more on Sora, and twice more on riku, i've done them both on beginner.

Final Fantasy X-X2 HD: I havn't even re-started this yet. but at least my mom also plays this so i'm not the only one grinding their sphere grid.

Final Fantasy 3-7

Final Fantasy 13/13-2/lightening returns.

I can't get any more games tell i have made my way through most of these. which are Kingdom hearts 2.5 and Dynasty warriors eight. well i Have them but mom has them in her closet, tell i at least play what i already have.

Last edited:

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Thanks luckily i havn't gotten to that last mark yet. I'm currently playing a bit of Kingdom hearts. Re-doing it on normal to re-earn the trophy. I really need to set up a psn account so if somthing happens again i don't have to re-do things.

I know that feeling. I recently got final fantasy 7 but i can't play it yet tell i make my way through my stack of games that i want/need to play. but its great knowing i have it physically in my hand. Games I'm working on right now.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5: Remix Normal.
CoM: Twice more on Sora, and twice more on riku, i've done them both on beginner.

Final Fantasy X-X2 HD: I havn't even re-started this yet. but at least my mom also plays this so i'm not the only one grinding their sphere grid.

Final Fantasy 3-7

Final Fantasy 13/13-2/lightening returns.

I can't get any more games tell i have made my way through most of these. which are Kingdom hearts 2.5 and Dynasty warriors eight. well i Have them but mom has them in her closet, tell i at least play what i already have.

Wish I didn't have too much to worry lol. Got to get back on BBS and Kingdom Hearts 2. Just need to beat the games on critical mode and I'm done with the collection.

You have a lot of games on your way. If you can platinum XIII by next week. You may be one of heck of a player compared to me lol. I almost gave on XIII due to the grinding and didn't really feel the wind with missions until I saw someone doing it and I'm like, well if he could do it then I can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back