• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Was Luxord's Character Potential Kind of Wasted in KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Also not just KH2, but other games he didn't appear in as well. I mean think about it. The guy has power over time and uses cards as weapons. He's not in CoM even though Castle Oblivion is ruled by cards. Also in DDD we were introduced to a new form of a plot twist called time-traveling! However the only character that was associated with time by this point, Luxord, isn't invited to the party. Not to mention he also has other great abilities like making Sora's companions disappear to even the odds (makes me wonder why he didn't do that with Sora too) and turning his enemies into inanimate objects like cards or die. Luxord was the most loyal non-founding member to Xemnas. Even though he did comment a couple times about Xemnas keeping secrets.

I'm not sure it just seems like he deserved a bit more than his brief visit to Port Royal and his sudden battle appearance. To me at least it seemed like he had more character development in Days that made him more interesting.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
This thread can be about the majority of KH2 Organization members.

Jotari

Awards
Yes, definitely. Ever since I first killed him I thought, they should have moved his boss fight to earlier in the game and have him unfought and surviving the finale. It seems like the kind of thing in character for him to review the situation after everyone else is dead and decide the odds simply aren't in his favor. If he simply left and lived it would have made him a much more interesting character and would have provided a sequel hook (and with all the unplanned things that have happened since, it would have made him an interesting character to compare to all the exnobdies running around now since he would have eventually got his full heart back without dying or fusing with someone).

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Luxord is easily one of the single most wasted characters in the entire franchise. Only a very small handful of characters seem to have it worse than Luxord does (Kairi comes to mind). From what little we saw of him, it seemed like he had an interesting enough personality and I really wished that they did more with this guy other than make him appear in all of three-seven cutscenes (that last number being on account of Final Mix). There was so much that they could've done like having him do more missions that run counter with Sora and co. or just hang out in Twilight Town every once in a while playing Poker with Setzer or something, I dunno. Anything was better than what we got.

But hey, at least his design is cool.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Yes, definitely. Ever since I first killed him I thought, they should have moved his boss fight to earlier in the game and have him unfought and surviving the finale. It seems like the kind of thing in character for him to review the situation after everyone else is dead and decide the odds simply aren't in his favor. If he simply left and lived it would have made him a much more interesting character and would have provided a sequel hook (and with all the unplanned things that have happened since, it would have made him an interesting character to compare to all the exnobdies running around now since he would have eventually got his full heart back without dying or fusing with someone).
I know it just seemed like they threw him out their just to die because he served his Port Royal purpose. Right I understand he's a gambler but he was well educated enough to know when to bow out. I know like Luxord could have been a neutral character and run his own agenda, side with the light and team up with Lea or offered his time manipulation abilities to side with Xehanort. Still a chance that all the other non-founding members show up in KH3, but I'm afraid it'll be a minor role at best.

This thread can be about the majority of KH2 Organization members.
True enough, but I figured the founding members kind of had a "back story" in BBS and the traitors got their part in CoM. That left Demyx and Luxord there just for the sake of being there.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Luxord was cool in 358/2 though. His interactions with Roxas was pretty solid imo.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Luxord was cool in 358/2 though. His interactions with Roxas was pretty solid imo.

Yeah I agree. In my opening post I mentioned that he was more interesting in days. Actually seeing him in that game made me want him to have an expanded role because he expressed potential.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Luxord is easily one of the single most wasted characters in the entire franchise. Only a very small handful of characters seem to have it worse than Luxord does (Kairi comes to mind). From what little we saw of him, it seemed like he had an interesting enough personality and I really wished that they did more with this guy other than make him appear in all of three-seven cutscenes (that last number being on account of Final Mix). There was so much that they could've done like having him do more missions that run counter with Sora and co. or just hang out in Twilight Town every once in a while playing Poker with Setzer or something, I dunno. Anything was better than what we got.

But hey, at least his design is cool.

Exactly the design and thought of a gambler character that was put into him was only used in only a handful of scenes. Seems like a lot of work for just a background character. Kairi did get it worse though considering she has more screentime and is an important character to the plot of the series.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
when a nobody and heartless die, they become one once again. as evidenced by axel they keep their powers once they're whole so the entire organization has their "sequel hook" for nomura to bring them out. they could be one of the 13 dicknesses like saix, or they might stick around for the future of the series. once xehanort is out of the picture, we need more story arcs don't we?

@divine past he explicitly mentioned luxord because time travel.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I keep kind of hoping Luxord and some of the neglected CoM members will show up in 3 in some capacity. Maybe Luxord, Larxene and Marluxia are besties - another of this series' infinite Male-Male-Female trios.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I keep kind of hoping Luxord and some of the neglected CoM members will show up in 3 in some capacity. Maybe Luxord, Larxene and Marluxia are besties - another of this series' infinite Male-Male-Female trios.

i wouldn't count on it. luxord seemed somewhat loyal and larmuxia were pmuch working towards their own goals. i can see the two of them pairing off but it isn't practical for luxord to have a role, who knows tho, might've been his idea for the cards.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
i wouldn't count on it. luxord seemed somewhat loyal and larmuxia were pmuch working towards their own goals. i can see the two of them pairing off but it isn't practical for luxord to have a role, who knows tho, might've been his idea for the cards.

Eh, I suppose. One issue with Luxord is that he has such a failure of a character setup that it's hard to bring his original self back into the plot. There are no hooks! With Larxene and Marluxia you could easily manufacture a two-fer, but if Luxord can't be with them, then he has to do something else, and that makes it even less likely SE will bother to give him a hook! We'll be lucky if we see him as a croupier running an blackjack minigame, at this rate.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Eh, I suppose. One issue with Luxord is that he has such a failure of a character setup that it's hard to bring his original self back into the plot. There are no hooks! With Larxene and Marluxia you could easily manufacture a two-fer, but if Luxord can't be with them, then he has to do something else, and that makes it even less likely SE will bother to give him a hook! We'll be lucky if we see him as a croupier running an blackjack minigame, at this rate.

i'd be hooked by that. kh's first mature rating, thanks europe!

Anagram

Banned

I wouldn't mind seeing them in future titles myself. I don't want anymore trios though.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Maybe some sort of bounty hunters for hire or assassins angle? I agree no trios though. I'd rather see him operate solo or maybe with Demyx. Those two being complete opposites could be humorous working together. He also was friends with Axel. I don't have that copy but I heard in the manga they played poker a few times.

Awards
I would love to see the other Org members come back as somebodies in KH3, even for minor roles. Not just Luxord, but Demyx, Larxene, and Marluxia too. Even if they just made cameos in a random world or something it'd be nice to see how they turned out.

Or if they don't show up in KH3 maybe they could be integrated into the next saga somehow. I don't know that I'd want Marluxia's somebody to be the "big bad" next saga after Xehanort but even if they had a role assisting the big bad or something would be nice. That's a lot of character development to just throw away after one game. I would argue Marluxia and especially Larxene were among the best well-developed characters in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back