• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Hmm. I think I can help best with Aqua, but there are some basic stuff you can do with all the characters, to prepare for Villain`s Vendetta.

So start with abilities. I know I have said this earlier, but get at least these four abilities for all of the characters: Second change, once more, heal block(the name is different with each character, but the effect is the same) and leaf bracer. To get heal block, you need to have a block command(LV1) and maxed out Curaga. Meld these and you will get heal block. As the name implies, you will gain HP when you block enemies attacks. Second Change is obtained by melding blizzard and blizzara plus Pulsing Crystal. Once More is obtained by melding Fire and Fira plus Wellspring Crystal. Finally, Leaf Bracer is obtained by melding Aero and Aero plus Pulsing Crystal. With these abilities, you life becomes much easier.

Also you should get abilities that shorten your load time etc... If I remember correctly there is an melding item which description says that it might attach an ability, which shortens your load time. I usually got an magic command time boost, when I melded two magic commands with that item. So this logic can be used with the attack command too(I think).

In Villains Vendetta all of the enemies you encounter are bosses, correct? For Aqua, there is a good strategy, which I discovered a while back. I learnt, that Triple Firaga stuns bosses, making them more easier to beat. If you have more than one triple firaga, you can stun the bosses for quite a while. I think even the last Iron Imprisoner can be stunned, but it is quite hard to hit him. Shotlocks are quite powerful also, and I used Prism Rain. I suggest using long range shotlocks, not the ones were you charge at the enemies. I also think you should use long range attacks on most of the bosses, since they move fast.

Also using commands like thunder surge and fire surge are really useful and powerful, since they are strong attacks, and also give you invincibility frames. You can make them even more stronger, if you gain fire boosts etc.. Again I think there is an item which description says that this might boost your power on certain elemental attack. Meld this with commadn like fire and fira and you get abilities like fire boost.

That is about all that comes to my mind right now. Aquas and Ventu`s mobility also gives them some help, but Terra`s dodge is just terrible. I think I`ll try VV (if I can make that far today) with Ventus and share more info, if I acquire some. Hope these tips will give you some help, all thou I know they are basic knowledge. :)

I see.. Thank you and I'm eager to hear more of your tips. ^_^

Reckard

Finished BBS a while back. Tried going Ven -> Aqua -> Terra and I was suprised how well it fit. It really feel's like Ven's story was the one that felt the most like the "main story," whilst Terra's/Aqua's started off great then just meandered towards the ending. Master's Armor's battle music was awesome. Still forgot D-Links ever existed my first run, then discovered out how surprisingly helpful they were. Early-game mostly.

I only played up till the struggle tournament in KH2 so far, but the remade music and updated textures really make everything look and sound fantastic. Got the japanese version, so I'm waiting a few months to really play it once my kanji recognition's better.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
So far I've been trying my best farming for Power, Magic, and Defense Boosts. Sora's strength is currently maxed.

FHPx9E6l.jpg

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I thought 150 was the max? Or the bosses are only programmed to withstand 150?

Without any equipment, the max base stat appears to be 152; I've subtracted the boost from Kingdom Key's +3 str. But 171 is from Fenrir and 4x Full Bloom+.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Without any equipment, the max base stat appears to be 152; I've subtracted the boost from Kingdom Key's +3 str. But 171 is from Fenrir and 4x Full Bloom+.

Amazing. And you only did under 120hrs. I'm really impressed lol. I've still yet to begin Critical mode for my first time. Although since I didn't get the Birth By Sleep secret ending. I could just beat the storyline for the final trophy or go at the side quests for the ending.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Yusss! I did it! I finally defeated the third Nobody wave in Cavern of Remambrance. Holy smokes it was hard. I was fighting against the last Sorcerer, and because I was so afraid of losing, I finished the fight with Donalds Limit. You guys were also right about Stich. He is amazing! I saved a lot of items since I did the couple of first waves with him. Dam I feel proud of myself. :) Next up the data fights.

*Sees Zephyrs picture* My dear lord you have a lot of strength. I guess most of the bosses don`t stand a change now? A quick question about the clock. I have heard that in KH1 the clocks color changes when you get past 100 hours. Is this true by any chance?

I also played BBS again. Boy it is fun to play as Ventus. I really like his fast and airy attacks. Nothing feels more better than beating up Unversed with Wingblade command style. I think I`ll try to do most of the Mirage Arena matches. I have done all of them with Aqua, but guess I`ll try my luck with Ven. I also obtained superglide for the first time.

χBladeMaster

Destiny Islands, finally winning races against Rik
Platinumed KH II already but went ahead and decided to jump on the bandwagon and go for a lvl 1 CM. I'm in the first Agrabah visit, and it has dawned on me that having a dodging ability would be extremely helpful. Does anyone have any tips for really early Wisdom form leveling? I tried the heartless near the summit in LoD, but there aren't that many there. I'm a little wary about timeless river since the heartless there are so difficult. What have others done?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
χBladeMaster;6250298 said:
Platinumed KH II already but went ahead and decided to jump on the bandwagon and go for a lvl 1 CM. I'm in the first Agrabah visit, and it has dawned on me that having a dodging ability would be extremely helpful. Does anyone have any tips for really early Wisdom form leveling? I tried the heartless near the summit in LoD, but there aren't that many there. I'm a little wary about timeless river since the heartless there are so difficult. What have others done?

I leveld up my Wisdom Form in Timeless River. To be more specific I did in the room where the black hole appears, or were the you fight the past version of Pete in the first time. I just spam thunder and mangnet, the retreating back to Disney Castle when my Wisdom Form starts to run out. Leveling up some of the forms can be more difficult on LV1, since you die a lot easier, and the damage you do is smaller. I`m not sure about other places.

Just curious but did you have any sort of evade ability? I`m really astonished if you got past Pirates of Carribean without that(you are really skilled). It was so hard for me that I had to retreat and lv up my Wisdom Form, and come back after it was maxed.

Last edited:

χBladeMaster

Destiny Islands, finally winning races against Rik
I leveld up my Wisdom Form in Timeless River. To be more specific I did in the room where the black hole appears, or were the you fight the past version of Pete in the first time. I just spam thunder and mangnet, the retreating back to Disney Castle when my Wisdom Form starts to run out. Leveling up some of the forms can be more difficult on LV1, since you die a lot easier, and the damage you do is smaller. I`m not sure about other places.

Just curious but do you have any sort of evade ability? I`m really astonished if you got past Pirates of Carribean without that(you are really skilled). It was so hard for me that I had to retreat and lv up my Wisdom Form, and come back after it was maxed.

Yeah I figured that might be the best option. I don't have magnet yet but hopefully I can get at least quick run lvl 2 with just thunder.
And no I only just got quick run lvl 1 in Agrabah. That mission of PoC where you have to kill like 10 pirates on the boat while protecting the medallion is hard as heck on level 1, and yeah I didn't have any way to evade. I just got really good at hitting and running, and eventually pulled it off. Barbossa was a pain as well, but his attacks can be guarded.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
χBladeMaster;6250301 said:
Yeah I figured that might be the best option. I don't have magnet yet but hopefully I can get at least quick run lvl 2 with just thunder.
And no I only just got quick run lvl 1 in Agrabah. That mission of PoC where you have to kill like 10 pirates on the boat while protecting the medallion is hard as heck on level 1, and yeah I didn't have any way to evade. I just got really good at hitting and running, and eventually pulled it off. Barbossa was a pain as well, but his attacks can be guarded.

That mission, that wretched mission! I think I was stuck there probably for an hour. The pirates are so annoying in LV1! Especially the ones who shoot you from fare away. I dosen`t help that the boat is pretty narrow and there isn`t much space to move around. I raise my hat to you for getting past that part without quick run. That was the only thing keeping me alive.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
*Sees Zephyrs picture* My dear lord you have a lot of strength. I guess most of the bosses don`t stand a change now? A quick question about the clock. I have heard that in KH1 the clocks color changes when you get past 100 hours. Is this true by any chance?

Oh yeah that is true. It changes colors in KHFM because the counter only goes to 99:99:99 and it restarts the cycle in a different color. However, the counter has more digits in KH2FM so it can clearly say you're in the 100s.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
So far I've been trying my best farming for Power, Magic, and Defense Boosts. Sora's strength is currently maxed.

FHPx9E6l.jpg

Jesus Christ! Over 100 hours!? My latest playthrough in Critical Mode is the longest that I've ever played any iteration of Kingdom Hearts II and that was a little over 60 hours! You have far more patience than I do, good sir!

I gotta say, I'm really impressed with your stats. My strength at level 99 was only at around 81 (I think it was about 88 in Final Form). I've tried farming for Power and Defense Boosts before I eventually gave up and just tackled the rest of the Data Organization Members and Terra.

Yusss! I did it! I finally defeated the third Nobody wave in Cavern of Remambrance. Holy smokes it was hard. I was fighting against the last Sorcerer, and because I was so afraid of losing, I finished the fight with Donalds Limit. You guys were also right about Stich. He is amazing! I saved a lot of items since I did the couple of first waves with him. Dam I feel proud of myself. :) Next up the data fights.

I also played BBS again. Boy it is fun to play as Ventus. I really like his fast and airy attacks. Nothing feels more better than beating up Unversed with Wingblade command style. I think I`ll try to do most of the Mirage Arena matches. I have done all of them with Aqua, but guess I`ll try my luck with Ven. I also obtained superglide for the first time.

Glad to hear you finally got past that infernal part! Stitch is surprisingly useful for that battle. Also, supergliding is always fun. I generally like getting it before I get the regular Glide from Neverland.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
So am I the only one who is a little disappointed with BBSFM HD? I feel like I'm still playing on the PSP, just a bigger screen. After playing KH2FM, It seems so.... blah. like the menus and the the journal. It just seems like they said "ok, graphics look better. Done!". Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but i just expected more of an upgrade. And playing again, I remembered how much I think they got the wrong guy for Terra. He just sounds like he's reading... There's monotone, and then there's Terra. Its driving me crazy since I just started the game and I'm doing the suggested order of characters this time. I keep telling myself that it's only one third of the game. I can make it! And boy did he pale in comparison to Jesse McCartney. But in terms of story and gameplay, I love the game!

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
So am I the only one who is a little disappointed with BBSFM HD? I feel like I'm still playing on the PSP, just a bigger screen. After playing KH2FM, It seems so.... blah. like the menus and the the journal. It just seems like they said "ok, graphics look better. Done!". Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but i just expected more of an upgrade. And playing again, I remembered how much I think they got the wrong guy for Terra. He just sounds like he's reading... There's monotone, and then there's Terra. Its driving me crazy since I just started the game and I'm doing the suggested order of characters this time. I keep telling myself that it's only one third of the game. I can make it! And boy did he pale in comparison to Jesse McCartney. But in terms of story and gameplay, I love the game!

Admittedly, while I loved how the game looked, it is a bit jarring playing it right after playing Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix. The textures, while given an upgrade, weren't quite as worked on as the other game was which makes me a sad panda, but it still looks good enough for the most part.

As for Terra...I'll admit, while his monotone voice can get in the way of my enjoyment, it's not quite as bad near the end where he's able to channel his inner rage. Anger seems to be the best emotion that Jason Dohring has and I think he did remarkably well near the end (the part where he channels his inner darkness right before fighting Xehanort comes to mind). At the very least, I feel like he has the right voice, it's just that he needs a little practice (which he has been getting if what I heard about him narrating for an audiobook is true).

Anagram

Banned
Quick question. Does fire surge have as many invincible frames as thunder surge? Thunder surge keeps sending me into Rhythm Mixer and I would like to avoid it but since I'm using Terra the surges and magnega are pretty much my best deck.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Wheww I finally maxed Sora's stats to its entirety. Without the boosts of equipment, his max base stats are: 152 Strength, 154 Magic, and 153 Defense.

The images below are Fenrir, Ultima Weapon, and Winner's Proof in that order w/ Cosmic Belt, 3x Buster Band, and 4x Full Bloom+. Personally I don't prefer the Belt/Band but rather Grand Ribbon and Shock Charm+ (Because of Thunder Boosts).

MymNSkfl.jpg

khdhG1Fl.jpg

Edit: I made an error with the equipment, his highest magic is actually 173 with Shadow Archive+ x4.

IfeFdMal.jpg

Last edited:

LedxirnSimon

Wheww I finally maxed Sora's stats to its entirety. Without the boosts of equipment, his max base stats are: 152 Strength, 154 Magic, and 153 Defense.

The images below are Fenrir, Ultima Weapon, and Winner's Proof in that order w/ Cosmic Belt, 3x Buster Band, and 4x Full Bloom+. Personally I don't prefer the Belt/Band but rather Grand Ribbon and Shock Charm+ (Because of Thunder Boosts).

MymNSkfl.jpg

khdhG1Fl.jpg

Edit: I made an error with the equipment, his highest magic is actually 173 with Shadow Archive+ x4.

IfeFdMal.jpg

You know, no matter how high your stats are, all of the stats are capped at 83-87, try attack data bossesor terra's lingering will to see the difference.

I tested it while fighting against data roxas to see how much damage I've dealt to him with magic state of 83, after fed up with magic boosts hp to 120, only to find that didn't do any significant change in damage output.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
You know, no matter how high your stats are, all of the stats are capped at 83-87, try attack data bossesor terra's lingering will to see the difference.

I tested it while fighting against data roxas to see how much damage I've dealt to him with magic state of 83, after fed up with magic boosts hp to 120, only to find that didn't do any significant change in damage output.

This is true and it applies to all major bosses. However the increased stats do work with normal enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back