• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku's new found power

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VenTer

Awards
If Riku's new found power when he succeeded in is mastery exams, Does that mean he can awaken any sleeping heart? Just like what he did to Sora right? If that's so then is it possible that he can awaken Ventus, in Sora's heart too?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Re: Riku's New found power

Yes, yes he can. Unlock 7 Sleeping Keyholes, get new power to awaken sleeping Hearts. Refer back to the ending cutscene with Ventus smiling in his sleep.

Anagram

Banned

Will waking Vens heart free it from Sora though?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Sora has that power too as he also opened seven Keyholes, not to mention that Blank Points definitely stated that Sora will be the one to save everyone.
So Riku has no business touching/waking Ven's heart in any capacity, that's Sora's job. ;)

EmaKey

I think that Ven's case is different since his heart is Not in his body. I think that the deal here is Not to awaken an heart , but to free it from a body and put it into the original one. I think that When Aqua will find the Room in C.O sora will Open his heart and free ventus

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

His Heart still needs to be awakened, remember Yen Sid told Aqua that his Heart is sleeping. Resting between the light and darkness as he put it.

EmaKey

This was before ven's heart found his "home" in sora's Heart. However maybe it needs to be awaken as well. But Not only Riku can do this, Also Mickey ( as stated in 3D ), Sora and Aqua ( probably , she is a master so she technically has the skills to do it ) cAn wake up a heart. But you know its already 3 games that they continue saying that Sora is going to save everyone so aqua will find the place but Sora will basically free and awaken it.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

It must also be pointed out that from what we have gleaned from Kingdom Hearts III is that Sora, Donald and Goofy are searching for that Key to Unlock People's Hearts whilst Riku and Mickey are looking for other keyblade wielders. So while Riku does indeed have this new found power, it is most likely going to be Sora that will pretty much do everything related to releasing and freeing hearts.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

This was before ven's heart found his "home" in sora's Heart. However maybe it needs to be awaken as well. But Not only Riku can do this, Also Mickey ( as stated in 3D ), Sora and Aqua ( probably , she is a master so she technically has the skills to do it ) cAn wake up a heart. But you know its already 3 games that they continue saying that Sora is going to save everyone so aqua will find the place but Sora will basically free and awaken it.

It definitely needs to be awakened as the main reason it went to sleep was in order to rest and heal its massive injuries sustained from the final battle and the destruction of the X-blade.
As was shown in DDD with Ven's heart at least stirring however and it actually being active enough to sense that Sora is in danger and lending the Keyblade armor to him, leads to the impression that the 9 years Ven's heart spent with Sora did great help to heal his heart (one year must be subtracted cause the heart was with Roxas during that time).

As far as we know Aqua doesn't have the power since the main objective to enter the sleeping worlds for the MoM was, as explained by Yen Sid, to gain a new power in order to bring back those in torment. To gain it, you need to unlock seven sleeping keyholes (doesn't matter which seven apparently).
Both Riku and Sora gained that power over the course of DDD and Mickey is implied to have it during the ending, but we know nothing about Aqua doing that quest.
If she had the power, one would think she would have at least tried to wake Ven up again immediately during the finale of BBS. Yet she didn't even entertain the thought and spoke of "fiinding a way" to wake him again.

Yep, that Sora's the one to do it has been stated so often already that it actually makes me wonder why people keep to bring up Riku in this regard.

EmaKey

You are right about Aqua we don't know if she has this kind of ability but Also When she asked "what can i do to help him", yen sid only answered " u have to believe" ( WTF ). I think that if yen sid would have told te right way to awaken a heart to aqua ( sorry for possible grammar error ) she would have tried for sure ( still with unknown results ). Maybe in that time they Did Not know where Ven's heart was so they were obviously limited.

hlc1988

Awards

It definitely needs to be awakened as the main reason it went to sleep was in order to rest and heal its massive injuries sustained from the final battle and the destruction of the X-blade.
As was shown in DDD with Ven's heart at least stirring however and it actually being active enough to sense that Sora is in danger and lending the Keyblade armor to him, leads to the impression that the 9 years Ven's heart spent with Sora did great help to heal his heart (one year must be subtracted cause the heart was with Roxas during that time).

As far as we know Aqua doesn't have the power since the main objective to enter the sleeping worlds for the MoM was, as explained by Yen Sid, to gain a new power in order to bring back those in torment. To gain it, you need to unlock seven sleeping keyholes (doesn't matter which seven apparently).
Both Riku and Sora gained that power over the course of DDD and Mickey is implied to have it during the ending, but we know nothing about Aqua doing that quest.
If she had the power, one would think she would have at least tried to wake Ven up again immediately during the finale of BBS. Yet she didn't even entertain the thought and spoke of "fiinding a way" to wake him again.

Yep, that Sora's the one to do it has been stated so often already that it actually makes me wonder why people keep to bring up Riku in this regard.

But Sora didn't pass the exam... Since his exam was messed with so much, has Sora actually gained that power? Is it stated in DDD that he has that power? I haven't played the game so I don't know...

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

It does not matter in this case that he didn't pass. If you read spoilers, you will find he went back to the dreaming Transverse Town after Riku gets declared a master and a little party (proly birthday party, most people are guessing) to say thank you to the Spirit Dream Eaters.

If he hadn't gained the power to dive into hearts/dreams, he could NOT of done that. So yes, he has that power. I assume he also would train there (Think slightly accelerated training, I hope this means he has a few spells when KH3 starts up!) for a while too if he truly went on a journey to train. I THINK most people go "Riku!" because Riku passed the exam and don't realize that Sora going back means he has the power to dive into hearts/dreams too.

Tho yeah, I don't think that meant Sora'll never be a master..I think he needs to grow up a little more and he needs to find the desire to gain Master (I'd like to call the last part a "Herald's Reason" since I assume he'd try to gain it to protect his friends.. yes I read Mercedes Lackey's Herald series way too much).

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

You gain the power from unlocking 7 Sleeping Keyholes, not passing the test.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

You are right about Aqua we don't know if she has this kind of ability but Also When she asked "what can i do to help him", yen sid only answered " u have to believe" ( WTF ). I think that if yen sid would have told te right way to awaken a heart to aqua ( sorry for possible grammar error ) she would have tried for sure ( still with unknown results ). Maybe in that time they Did Not know where Ven's heart was so they were obviously limited.

One thing you have to keep in mind as well is that while Yen Sid is indeed very wise he's not omniscient and that it was eleven years before KH II. It is entirely possible that at that time Yen Sid didn't yet know that you could gain the power to awaken hearts by opening seven sleeping keyholes in the Sleeping Realm. It's impossible for him to give Aqua the task to obtain a power he himself doesn't know that it exists.

Regarding Ven's heart however, besides them not knowing where it went there is the even more pressing matter of Ven's heart being literally smashed to pieces. The wounds Ven's heart sustained from destroying the X-blade and Vanitas (because both were closely tied to his heart) were worse than what he suffered when Vanitas was first created. To undo the fusion with Vanitas which Ven never wanted as well as preventing Xehanort getting the X-blade he had to literally smash everything including himself.
His heart needs to sleep in order to slowly recuperate, which in the end also became only possible because Sora allowed Ven to stay with him.

So even if Aqua did have the power to awaken hearts, it wouldn't have helped Ven unless she also had the power to quickly heal a badly maimed heart.
As we see throughout the series (regardless if Ven is in Sora or Roxas), Ven's heart was always completely inactive, sleeping to heal its wounds. It was only during the course of DDD (which is more than 11years after BBS) that Ven's heart started to stir and show some activity.

But Sora didn't pass the exam... Since his exam was messed with so much, has Sora actually gained that power? Is it stated in DDD that he has that power? I haven't played the game so I don't know...

Gaining the power was only a part of the exam, the other was to return safely to the Mysterious Tower. Furthermore, Yen Sid clearly states that both qualify:
Yen Sid said:
I believe we need a new Keyblade Master, one with a new kind of power.
Sora and Riku, you both deserve the honor. However, one of you braved the realm of sleep again to unlock the final Keyhole and save a friend. Riku, I name you our new true Keyblade Master.
The reason Riku got the title was because he went beyond what was necessary and not only did something extra (waking Sora and thus already using the new power they have gained), he also busted through everything despite Xehanort messing with everything.
Sora fell for Xehanort's traps, Riku didn't.

As for if it is "stated" if Sora has that power, no it is not stated but shown in the ending of DDD. As maryadavies mentioned, in the end of the game Sora opens a gate to the sleeping world again and does another dive all by himself to meet up with the dream eaters again, which proves that he has the power.

You gain the power from unlocking 7 Sleeping Keyholes, not passing the test.

Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back