• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories The Novel To Release September 2015!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

For year many fans believed that the Kingdom Hearts novel series would never come out in English, but now only two months remain until Kingdom Hearts: The Novel releases for the first time ever in North America. Of course, Yen Press will not be stopping at the first game's novel. Fans will be able to enjoy the 600-page novelization of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories later on this year!

Previously released in Japan between October 2005 to January 2006 as three volumes, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories The Novel serves not only as a retelling of its video game counterpart released back in 2004 on the Nintendo Game Boy Advance, but also provides an in-depth look into the thoughts of Sora and Riku as they traverse through Castle Oblivion and face off against Organization XIII.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories The Novel by Tomoco Kanemaki will release on September 22nd 2015 for $20 USD and be published under Yen On, Yen Press' light novel imprint. You can preorder the novel right now from Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Book Depository! Also, don't forget to pick up copies of the Kingdom Hearts manga series by Shiro Amano!

Currently, the novel summary on retailer websites is the same as the summary for Kingdom Hearts: The Novel, but we will update you as soon as the summary for Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories The Novel changes to match the product.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
600 pages... Holey smokes. I assume this will contain both Sora`s story and Riku`s journey in Castle Oblivion. I can`t picture it being so long without both stories.

I really glad that they decided to translate these things, and also continue the manga. Do you think KH is growing even more popular, so they decided to translate the novels?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Chain of Memories was 3 novels, two covering Sora's side and one about Riku's side (with some Replica Riku and Namine introspection included) so this one massive book is a omnibus of all 3.

what only 600 pages. This is light reading for me and I'm a sophomore.

Lol you won't be saying that in college.

KingCandy

600 pages....oh my gosh. That will probably take a while for me, even though I'm a pretty fast reader.

Still, I'm super happy Yen Press has decided to pick up the novels! With this and them translating the Puella Magi Madoka Magica mangas, they're certainly winning over my love.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
600 pages....oh my gosh. That will probably take a while for me, even though I'm a pretty fast reader.

Still, I'm super happy Yen Press has decided to pick up the novels! With this and them translating the Puella Magi Madoka Magica mangas, they're certainly winning over my love.

Haha, same. I can speed through a book in no time, but the problem for me is...time. No time to read a book for leisure, but I certainly plan to make time for this.

Yen Press is definitely becoming the best!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh! I forgot to note in the article but the novels are considered canon to a degree (in that they accurately portray events seen in the games, contain Nomura-approved information unless it directly contradicts the games or any interviews Nomura has done) so they are certainly worth reading to fill in any gaps you feel the games might have in terms of characterization.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Wow, I had no idea the CoM novel would have 600 pages worth of material! I am just so excited these some of the novels are finally secured for release! Can't wait for KHI in March~ 8D

bennett999

Chain of Memories was 3 novels, two covering Sora's side and one about Riku's side (with some Replica Riku and Namine introspection included) so this one massive book is a omnibus of all 3.

Lol you won't be saying that in college.

I'm already taking college classes and I am a advanced speed reader( its the only form of magic to truly exist and most speed readers like me have autism)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm already taking college classes and I am a advanced speed reader( its the only form of magic to truly exist and most speed readers like me have autism)

It was meant to be taken as a joke, not as instigation for some kind of "advanced reading competition".

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~

I'm so excited this is already set for release even before the first novel has officially released. I was just thinking to myself how barren 2015 feels KH wise because we were really spoiled with a bunch of 2013/2014 releases from Yen Press.

600 pages though, damn. This must be such an undertaking.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Hehhehheh, already an announcement for the CoM Novel as well?
For a bookworm like me those are splendid news.

Gotta write down those ISBNs so I can go to my local publisher and ask to import those babies. ^__^

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hehhehheh, already an announcement for the CoM Novel as well?
For a bookworm like me those are splendid news.

Gotta write down those ISBNs so I can go to my local publisher and ask to import those babies. ^__^

If you can't get them to import them, Book Depository ships worldwide for free.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
YUSH, I hope the BBS novels are next, I will totally get them, gotta have 'em all! ♥

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
YUSH, I hope the BBS novels are next, I will totally get them, gotta have 'em all! ♥

After CoM, they will likely move to the next novel series released which was KH2, then Days, and then it'd be a toss-up between BBS and coded. And the Side Stories would be tossed in somewhere around KH2 and Days.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
After CoM, they will likely move to the next novel series released which was KH2, then Days, and then it'd be a toss-up between BBS and coded. And the Side Stories would be tossed in somewhere around KH2 and Days.

Uwaaaaaaa, Master Spockanort, don't make me sad on Valentine's Day
craiplz.png

I hoped for them to be released sooner, but you're most probably right. I'm afraid of getting older, I don't want to forget about my KH passion ;___; and if the novels appear years in the future, perhaps I.........I.....

NAH, I'll be the same >:'D probably cooler and stronger, but the same

hlc1988

Awards
I will definitely be getting these novels I think. I see there are listings on Amazon UK so I will buy from there!

hlc1988

Awards
Has there been any sign of a proper cover for this release at all?

And any news of other novels at all? If not, I wonder when they will release news about the next novels... I assume the next ones would come out in 2016... So it would be KH2 early 2016, Days middle-late 2016, BBS or Coded - late late 2016, then BBS or Coded - early 2017 and finally Dream Drop Distance middle-late 2017. With presumably a KH3 novel following whenever the game is released...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back