• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

CWOS: The Last Queen {OOC / Sign-Up}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
That was a superb post. Your writing has gone to some really interesting places since this roleplay started. The weird, dreamlike visit to Eva really felt off-kilter and surreal, like a dream. I look forward to reading more!

This got me reinvigorated to write a post myself, but I don't think I'm ready to write the Demon-Queen's escape just yet. Maybe I'll take Ordeith up on his new locale challenge.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Ordeith said:
In the meantime, feel free to have fun with the setting. Anyone who introduces a new location, be it big or small, will earn a special "prize" later on.
Hahaha, you said it could be small! Honestly I don't know what use will come out of this particular setting, but the jinni's actual homeland might be a place to explore as the roleplay expands outwards.

Speaking of which:

Xuan Jie, Jinni, Ageless

A magical being known as a Jinni, Xuan Jie comes from the eastern island of Peng-lai in the kingdom of Xing. He takes sojourn here in the abandoned bottle once inhabited by the dragon Haloge. Bald-headed with a full beard and fierce eyes, he strikes an imposing figure, though he is kind at heart.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with this character.

Also, double-posted. I figured I'd left the Warlock's question hanging in the air for long enough (two-and-a-half months, to be precise). OmniChaos is of course free to follow or ignore my lead as he sees fit.

SwagStarIV

I just logged in... And got so many trophies
Awards
Hmmm... Posting? I think so. Lets get this show on the road! Oh! And I have a new character... One moment... I take the Onion Knight from the FF series.

Navi| Wandering Onion Knight of Order and Balance| Age 23

A traveller from another country, state, and era whom has wandered into the town. His only goals... To explore.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Excellent posts, KitKat and Hidden! Not only did you introduce new characters and lore, but it was a fun and engaging read in both cases.

Hidden, I'll get brainstorming on your reward for the locale challenge.
I'll admit, I never anticipated a space quite so small, hehe.

Hmmm... Posting? I think so. Lets get this show on the road! Oh! And I have a new character... One moment... I take the Onion Knight from the FF series.

Navi| Wandering Onion Knight of Order and Balance| Age 23

A traveller from another country, state, and era whom has wandered into the town. His only goals... To explore.

Though I won't reject this character outright, as doing so would be against the rules, I'd strongly advise against taking a character from an established video game series. Much of this roleplay's fun is in the exploration of tropes and old conventions — and lifting a (somewhat) well-known character without any alterations isn't very conducive to that goal.

If you insist, go ahead with the Onion Knight, but I advise you to reconsider.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I've got a post in mind, I just need to tie everything together neatly. Expect it soon(-ish).

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
That was a superb post. Your writing has gone to some really interesting places since this roleplay started. The weird, dreamlike visit to Eva really felt off-kilter and surreal, like a dream. I look forward to reading more!

Thank you. I thought your post and take on Cathy and Finnian was outstanding. :D I never expected to see a genie!

And thank you, Ordeith, for the compliments on my post as well.

I'll try to get a post up soon too.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I'm awfully sorry for my absence!

I had four papers due this week, along with a pretty substantial exam. On top of that, I'm in a show has entered its last week of rehearsals. My latest post, which was nearly complete more than a week ago, has not been touched since then. Expect it soon.

Many thanks for your patience, dedication, and good writing.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Update: I will be out of town Saturday through Thursday, and thus unlikely to post. I had my heart set on finishing the third (and final?) post by Finnian from inside the bottle before I left, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Of course, if someone else feels like writing it, feel free!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Just throwing it out there, I'll have a post in on Monday. Dusts ideas off after cobwebs and spiders clung onto it and gears start to shift like clockwork.

@Ordeith: What's in your signature btw? It's very unique and fascinating to stare at. :D

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Just throwing it out there, I'll have a post in on Monday. Dusts ideas off after cobwebs and spiders clung onto it and gears start to shift like clockwork.

@Ordeith: What's in your signature btw? It's very unique and fascinating to stare at. :D

It's a gif from Bloodborne.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Well this is a pleasant surprise — from the both of you! The plot is moving forward, as is the meta-plot.
I suppose my little poll on the main board is a little redundant now. I'll get working on a post of my own.

It's a gif from Bloodborne.

Not just any .GIF from Bloodborne! It's a .GIF of easily the most entertaining boss in the entire game.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
The stage is set, and the players are poised to begin the next act...

Expect the second "draft" to begin soon, everybody! Details will be provided in my next post — or perhaps the post after that, which should not be long in following. I'll also be sending out private messages and making an announcement in the Roleplaying Tavern.

The events of Draft I will be logged in short order. If anybody would be willing to help with this, I'd be much obliged.

Get ready for a change in pace — and some changes in scenery!

EDIT: Actually, I'd like to ask a question of everybody. Between drafts, would you all like a sort of interlude for "miscellaneous" posts that wouldn't fit into any long-running plotline? It might be a nice way to get the creative juices flowing before we take the next plunge.

Last edited:

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
And he goes for a triple, ladies and gentlemen!

I have an end-of-draft post in the works now. If you're looking to complete anything before we begin the second draft (preceded by a brief interlude), now is the time.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
And he goes for a triple, ladies and gentlemen!

I have an end-of-draft post in the works now. If you're looking to complete anything before we begin the second draft (preceded by a brief interlude), now is the time.

Hurray!

Does this mean we can start moving more forward in the story? :D I believe I'm good and excited to move onto the second draft! I'll still check to make sure, but yeah, can't wait to progress forward some!

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Hurray!

Does this mean we can start moving more forward in the story? :D I believe I'm good and excited to move onto the second draft! I'll still check to make sure, but yeah, can't wait to progress forward some!

Yup! My goal for this draft — which, as always, you may support or reject as you prefer — is to move away from the Ivory Manse. We can visit the city of Drakenburg, the Faerie Woods, the lands far to the south, the world in the djinn's bottle, and anywhere else you might conceive within this universe. But the Ivory Manse should take a background position for a while, I feel.

The "interlude" will function as a sort of grace period. While I tidy up and prepare for the second draft, we can post any miscellaneous drabbles we feel like posting. Not only will this buy me some time, but it should get everybody's creative juices flowing!

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
The interlude begins now. Write whatever you feel like writing, within the setting (or not)!

Expect private messages to follow later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back