• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Realm of Darkness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Okay so apparently you can't escape the Realm of Darkness....

Aqua can't, and Vexen said Maleficent can't escape the RoD on her own
Okay...soooooooooooooo in KH2 after the 1000 heartless battle Maleficent helped protect Sora, Donald and Goofy. They were then in the RoD.

Riku comes in and leaves them a box of ice cream and a picture of Roxas, and then he leaves the RoD. SDG then escape the RoD

makes no sense....how can one be trapped in the RoD while others can leave freely on their own will?....AtW has been in the RoD, and he escaped...yet he's in it now currently and can't escape
My head hurts

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I always took it that the RoD isn't so much "inescapable" than it is just very difficult to leave, usually. It's a place that people don't venture to often so ways to escape haven't been experimented with. As I recall, even MX sounded a bit hesitant about the place when he mentioned it in his reports because he didn't know of any stories where someone escaped. The way I understand it is that one way to escape is a good old fashioned "Heart Hax". Maleficent escaped because the three good faeries remembered her, and while it wasn't said outright, I think the implication was that their connection with each other brought her through.

Where SDG in the RoD??? It's been a while since I played KH2 but I think I was under the assumption that they were...elsewhere. I blamed the dark environment on something that Maleficent herself created.

AtW I've always been a bit confused about tbh. I think in his reports he mentions that he was in the Realm of Nothing or Realm Inbetween or something.

Ruran

Awards
But AtW said it was his 3rd time in the RoD when he spoke to Aqua in Blank Points

I thought he said it was his second time? He said that it wasn't the first time "on these shores" which is kind of vague. It means that he may have been to the RoD before but not necessarily exiled there. Then there's his whole memory kerfuffle. Also there's the possibility that he was exiled there, but didn't refer to it by its proper name either because he mistook the place or didn't know what to call it. It's been a while since I've Ansem's Secret Reports but I recall him saying he was banished somewhere else.

Or it's none of the above and maybe Ansem just took an experimental drug to cure heart disease and he woke up on a normal beach somewhere at night covered in confetti and wearing shades and a sombrero and still suffering from the after effects he forever confused it with the Dark Meridian.

So how'd he escape twice? Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHJ5k_STv40

now it says "dark realm" but Sora said, "So this is the realm of darkness"

I take this as either one of two ways:

1) It's the RoD and Sora escaped because of his want to save Riku and Kairi (AKA, Heart Hax)

2) It's not the RoD and Sora is just assuming that it is.

Samhain

Bronze Member
See if we go by your first choice...then how was Riku able to get out of the RoD then?

Ruran

Awards
Right. But here's the thing...
Maleficent also can use CoD...and yet Vexen specifically said the witch is unable to get out of the RoD

I'm just going to go with my personal head canon that that place wasn't the RoD then and just Maleficence's personal Hammerspace. 8D

If it was the RoD though, then that's either a plot hole, or there's something more complex going on. I guess it can be argued that Riku can move between realms more easily because there are people in the RoL that are constantly thinking of him and want to see him-like Kairi and Mickey. He too has his own goals and people he wants to see and help (Kairi was in danger at that point) so that perhaps might have contributed. Or because Riku was building up a tolerance for darkness, it couldn't "hold" him there like the average person. Or "D" all of the above? :?

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
The question becomes, why will Mali want to send SDG to the realm of darkness if there will be no way (in her mind) that they can escape it. Mali saved them for a reason so I can't imagine she'll end them somewhere they'll be stuck at.

Samhain

Bronze Member
That's why I'm pondering about this lol

In Jiminy's Journal it even says "Realm of Darkness" :/

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Well has ever been evention that Mali has the ability to send people to the realm of darkness? It might have been a weaker version if there is such a thing, of the realm that is more easily to get out of if you have a strong heart.

Some guy

First, that place looked nothing like the RoD. Sora obviously don't know what it looks like, so he just assumed he was there; Jiminy then recorded it as such. But let's not forget Sora and Jiminy are not fool-proof.

In his reports AtW refers to the place he was banished to as "the realm of nothingness". So, when he said "it's my second time on these shores", he could have been refering to the beach on the in-between part of the RoD (where Riku and Sora end up at the end of KH2). It should be easier to escape from there if one were to accept the darkness.

Ruran

Awards
Then can we all agree that that place Maleficent sent them is her personal Hammerspace? 'cause that's what I'm calling it from now on.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Then can we all agree that that place Maleficent sent them is her personal Hammerspace? 'cause that's what I'm calling it from now on.

I guess so
it's just odd that Jiminy's Journal would say it's the Realm of Darkness. Jiminy's journal is meant to be actual game facts for the player. That's why Jiminy's Journal has the Twilight Nobody in his journal even though he had no knowledge of it...same goes for the Organization XIII in Castle Oblivion, especially when they lost their memories.

Anagram

Banned
I think it's safe to say Jiminy's Journal is more for the player than the characters. Canon-wise it seems he merely writes down the journey they have. (highly doubt he's recording ever spell, potion and high score sora makes in a mini game lol)

On the part about Ansem the Wise, didn't he say his memory is a wreck in blank points? Maybe he just forgot how to summon dark corridors to exit with. Aqua obviously can't open them so shes stuck too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back