• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Just Thought of Something Re: Xemnas & Time Travel (Small Theory)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctahFaz

Awards
There is much mystery surrounding Xemnas' activity in the Chamber of Repose and the conversations that Xigbar claimed went on in there as he eavesdropped on them. We've been unsure whether Aqua's armor actually spoke back or if someone else might have been there.

Just a small theory regarding something I just thought of: we know that Young Xehanort brought Xemnas and Ansem, Seeker of Darkness to the present via time travel during Dream Drop Distance. While we speak often here on this forum about their presence at the end of the game and what it means, I'm focusing here on their resulting absence caused by them traveling to the future with Young Xehanort.

Ansem SOD worked alone for the most part during Kingdom Hearts 1, so I can't imagine it was likely for anyone to notice that he was missing.

Xemnas, however, led the Organization, so he was surrounded by others who would have noticed that he was gone, which leads me to this question and theory: What if the Chamber of Repose was not only the place Xemnas sat to recover his memories as Master Xehanort and Terra, but also where he locked himself into (and isolate himself from the other members) in order to meet Young Xehanort and travel into the future with him to the time of DDD? That would certainly explain who Xigbar heard talking back to Xemnas when he was eavesdropping on him, which is the story he later recalled to Zexion in that KH2 FM scene.

It almost seems so obvious now that I think of it, that I almost feel like I must be missing something (and certainly I apologize if this explanation has already been discussed or deemed common knowledge!) So what does everyone think: does it seem plausible or am I leaving something out?

Olympian

The problem with this theory is that Xigbar was in on the nortifcation plan. So if Xemnas was going to meet young Xehanort he should know about it. I think Xigbar was concerned because he knew that a part of Terra was inside Xemnas and feared that part gaining control.

Some guy

I thought that after "time hopping", they return to the exact time they left with no memory of whatever they were doing, just as if nothing ever happened so the timeline wouldn't crumble ...

Beardman

I thought that after "time hopping", they return to the exact time they left with no memory of whatever they were doing, just as if nothing ever happened so the timeline wouldn't crumble ...

This is correct.

They must return to the exact moment that they left from, with none of their memories of the different time intact. Therefore, it's as if they never left.

I do enjoy the idea of this theory. There's just this. :/

DoctahFaz

Awards
Wouldn't have mattered though if Xemnas remembered or not upon returning though, right? Just the fact that they left in the first place, possibly from the Chamber. It was only one trip through time, it seems; not numerous trips on different occasions.

Anagram

Banned
I think it is a possible theory. Even though young Xehanort says he forgets Ansem still knew to go back in time and start the whole cycle right? So perhaps it is subconscious.
Xemnas goes into his chamber to do whatever it is he thinks he's gonna do>young Xehanort appears>off they go>Xemnas comes back none the wiser.

The problem with this theory is that Xigbar was in on the nortifcation plan. So if Xemnas was going to meet young Xehanort he should know about it.
I think what Xigbar knows is limited. In that new scene in Coded (2.5) Braig more or less points out he doesn't know what Master Xehanort is really planning. (young Xehanort doesn't either)
The plan to turn all the members into Xehanort could be the extent of what he knew. Which could be the reason he ease drops often.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The problem with this theory is that Xigbar was in on the nortifcation plan. So if Xemnas was going to meet young Xehanort he should know about it. I think Xigbar was concerned because he knew that a part of Terra was inside Xemnas and feared that part gaining control.

Even if Xigbar was in on that plan, he was not in on everything as he himself admits in the new Re: Coded secret scene.

Then there is this conversation from KH II FM where Xigbar talks with Zexion where he makes it sound as if he isn't really in on everything:
KH 2 FM said:
??????: Isn't it time you told me about Xemnas's secret?

(He lets go and walks away)

??????: How long ago was it... When a bunch of warriors wielding key-shaped swords appeared and unleashed a spectacular battle. And when it was all over, all that was left was a man lying unconscious without his memories. Xemnas--Uh, I mean Xehanort, was found by Ansem right around then, wasn't he?

Zexion: Your point?
(The man stops)

??????: The "Chamber of Repose". If you recall, that's where we spent our time researching the darkness that resides within people's hearts. It's a graveyard that was sealed by order of Ansem the Wise. The first thing Xemnas did once he got rid of him was to undo the seal and build a room in the back. Ever since then, he holds himself up in that room when he can, and he talks to someone.

(He turns back around to face Zexion)

??????: But who? For all I know, he's the only one in that room.

(He walks back down the stairs towards him)

Zexion: Need I repeat myself about eavesdropping.

??????: Not eavesdropping. Couldn't hear what they were saying. Dying to find out what it was though. You wouldn't know anything about it, would you?

Zexion: I know I would very much like to focus on my own duties...

(He walks past the man)

Zexion: ...as you should with yours. For we need to prepare the new facility immediately. But there are only eleven of us in the Organization. We're going to need a few more hands on deck.

??????: What new facility? Oh, you mean Castle Oblivion. What does Xemnas plan on doing with that place anyway?

Zexion: He already shared his intentions with us.

(The man turns around)

??????: But did you know there's something he didn't share?

(Zexion stops)

??????: The "Chamber of Repose" is part of a pair. The "Chamber of Waking" is the other. Another graveyard, if you want to call it that. It was constructed by someone other than Xemnas himself.

(Zexion turns around)

??????: And that's where he'll find it... That's where he'll find his other "friend".
Of course this being Xigbar we talk about he could be trolling Zexion the whole time in an attempt to probe/figure out how much Zexion knows about everything.
On the other hand though it would be very much like Xehanort to tell even his close "allies" only parts of his plans, just enough to have them do/behave as he wants.

The main question I get from that conversation though is, if Xigbar is not trolling, why does he believe that out of all other Org members Zexion might be the one to know about Xemnas' "secret" or with who Xemnas was conversing in the chamber?

I think it is a possible theory. Even though young Xehanort says he forgets Ansem still knew to go back in time and start the whole cycle right? So perhaps it is subconscious.
Xemnas goes into his chamber to do whatever it is he thinks he's gonna do>young Xehanort appears>off they go>Xemnas comes back none the wiser.

I think what Xigbar knows is limited. In that new scene in Coded (2.5) Braig more or less points out he doesn't know what Master Xehanort is really planning. (young Xehanort doesn't either)
The plan to turn all the members into Xehanort could be the extent of what he knew. Which could be the reason he ease drops often.

I agree, the whole issue is still so vague it cannot be ruled out.

Braig/Xigbar is more clever than he lets others see due to his often over-the-top behaviour, but considering how he acts I would say that he figured out that Xehanort didn't fill him in on everything, hence his efforts to covertly find out more.

Olympian

Xigbar may not know everything, but if young Xehanort doesn't know everything then Xemnas shouldn't either. Still I think Xigbar's concern was releated to Terra taking over. In BBS secret ending he says to Xehanort "you can't be Terra, just gotta check". So I think he was keeping an eye on Xemnas to make sure that the Xehanort part of him was still in control.

Anagram

Banned
Xigbar may not know everything, but if young Xehanort doesn't know everything then Xemnas shouldn't either.

I doubt that. Xemnas came directly from Master Xehanort right? In DDD Master Xehanort said bluntly that he used Maleficent and the Organization for his goals. To me that insinuats he was in control of Ansem & Xemnas from the start. Ansem and Xemnas I would think know more than any Xehanort because they are that man divided.

It isn't exactly the same as someone he's changing into himself or young Xehanort who is a version of himself before he made his plans.

Olympian

I doubt that. Xemnas came directly from Master Xehanort right? In DDD Master Xehanort said bluntly that he used Maleficent and the Organization for his goals. To me that insinuats he was in control of Ansem & Xemnas from the start. Ansem and Xemnas I would think know more than any Xehanort because they are that man divided.

It isn't exactly the same as someone he's changing into himself or young Xehanort who is a version of himself before he made his plans.

You have a point there. Still I doubt there is anymore to this than Xigbar being concerned about Terra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back