• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Traverse Town (DDD) vs. Traverse Town (Recoded)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guernsey

Awards
Why does the Traverse Town in DDD feels more cramped than that of the Traverse Town in Recoded?

Noel

Awards
I never got to played re:coded, and only the opportunity for now to play KH3D's demo. It's most likely for Level Design, and utilization for the flow motion feature. Wouldn't want to use flow motion if you had to bounce to something that's nearly on the other side uve' the level.

Anagram

Banned
Maybe because the DDD version has more areas? There is literally more crammed into it.

Antar

Awards
I think it's around the same size, it just feels smaller because you run faster and you have flowmotion.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
I think it's around the same size, it just feels smaller because you run faster and you have flowmotion.
YouTuber, Soraalam1, often talks about things he wants for KH3 and one of the points he makes is about proper world scaling.

In the video, he talks about how in KH1, Sora took up less of the screen and ran slower, while in DDD he is larger from our perspective and also runs faster (without flowmotion). The result is that it takes significantly less time to get from one end of a room to the other and so the room feels smaller.

Plus, the tighter feeling helps mask the emptiness of the world. The less time you spend walking through an area, the less time you have to stop and contemplate how no one ever ventures out of the first district.

Hovhannes1998

I agree. This and the fact that more districts were added, and other areas (waterway) they had to cram the actual size a little. The whole idea of flowmotion also makes the gameplay faster thus the details and actual size is toned down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back