• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nitpicks and the little things

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Some nitpicks for me:
-Aerith's voice in KH2. It didn't bother me when I was a kid but now it really irks me.
-Aqua's voice at the beginning of BBS. I think she sounds better as the game goes on but that first scene with her is kind of cringe worthy.
-The fact that you can't speak to Yen Sid again in KH2. I think they could've had him reward you with a new keyblade or something (kind of like Merlin in KH1).
-Atlantica totally ignoring the events of KH1.
- No boss fight with Maleficent.

Some "little things":
-The journal in KH2 is fantastic to look at. Side question: did they update the character portraits in the journal? I feel like they're different from the original game.
-Dodge Roll is available! You have no idea how much I've rolled around the worlds on this playthrough xD
-Timeless River is still amazing.

A nitpick we can all agree to.

You know I honestly don't mind that they do this. I've actually taken a count. I'm at the end of the game and between the voiced and text cutscenes I've counted 28 times those three names are said in that order. That's not counting the amount of times the journal does this though...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
BIGGEST NITPICK EVER:

How could the password to the DTD be the Seven Princesses of Heart when not even Xehanort knew who all of the PoHs were until KH1? :|

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Sora, Donald, Goofy. Sora, Donald, Goofy. Sora, Donald, Goofy.

OKAY.

mittens

BIGGEST NITPICK EVER:

How could the password to the DTD be the Seven Princesses of Heart when not even Xehanort knew who all of the PoHs were until KH1? :|

Holy..............oh nooo now I'll never be able to watch that scene the same again.

Also my biggest nitpick: The Disney voice acting in the re:coded cinematics. Specifically, Alice and Hercules. Oh boy was that painful.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
BIGGEST NITPICK EVER:

Bing...I think you found a true plothole there, lol.
Except...if Xemnas continued to use the computer in secret and changed the password once he knew all seven.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Bing...I think you found a true plothole there, lol.
Except...if Xemnas continued to use the computer in secret and changed the password once he knew all seven.

Which seems possible, but at the same time I just can't imagine Xemnas going "My password is out of date. I better go change it to avoid identity theft and people rummaging through corrupted data."

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
What's always bothered me about the password is that, even if the password did use all seven names... in what order? Birthdays? The order Ansem met them? Maleficent? Sora?? Divided by what: spaces, commas, spaces and commas, nothing? Is there or is there not a space in "Snow White"? Do capital letters count? I just created a list of tens of thousands of possibilities and Leon just says "Of course" and five second later "Got it!"

Narxus

What's always bothered me about the password is that, even if the password did use all seven names... in what order? Birthdays? The order Ansem met them? Maleficent? Sora?? Divided by what: spaces, commas, spaces and commas, nothing? Is there or is there not a space in "Snow White"? Do capital letters count? I just created a list of tens of thousands of possibilities and Leon just says "Of course" and five second later "Got it!"
My only guess for that is that when Xemnas used Ansem's computer to access the Chamber of Repose, he used the six Apprentices' names as passwords. When the lock screen came up, there were six slots, one for each name. My guess is that when the DtD was accessed, it had a similar function with seven slots instead of six. That way, it didn't matter what order they were put in, only that they were all right. Now granted, that still leaves a couple of other problems, such as whether or not it was case-sensitive or if the space in Snow White's name needed a space or underscore or whatever (maybe it wasn't case-sensitive and it accepted any variation of spaces? I don't know), but oh well?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Which seems possible, but at the same time I just can't imagine Xemnas going "My password is out of date. I better go change it to avoid identity theft and people rummaging through corrupted data."

It's a Xehanort though, if he can plan around five corners and twelve years and more ahead, he may also adhere to digital security and go to regularily change his passwords, :biggrin:.

In all seriousness though, this strikes me like something of the same magnitude as Goofy thinking Mickey banished Pete or Donald forgetting how the Mysterious Tower looks like.

Blue Firework

Awards
Nitpicks:
-In the Mirage Arena, I wish you could choose to use the characters without armor. I understand why the where used for multiplayer originally, but I prefer to use the characters without their armor.
-I wish the COM organization members had battle quotes. It's not quite the same fighting Larxene without her sass and nastiness.

Little things:
-I love standing outside of the Ballroom in Castle of Dreams with Terra and watching Cinderella and the Prince dance.
-I love the sequence when Aqua and Prince Philip escape Maleficent's Castle. I think its cool how Ven can't reach some of the upper areas until he returns later because of Aqua's influence.

Davidsawr

And the many times she says "For China!" during her limit. I ended up laughing at some point after I heard it several times for some reason.
Mushu says that not mulan. Ive always said it along with him >_<

It always bothered me in cutscenes some badass like Leon would be all like " Sora! Donald! Goofy!" like during the cutscene after the battle of a thousand heartless. It would sound better if he just said "Sora" but whatever.

I HATE THE SPACE PARANOIDS RACE MINIGAME THING THATS NOT REALLY A MINIGAME

Little things:
When you go into a drive form and sora says "Give me strength!" Ive always said that with him >_> and i like the slowdown when you go into a drive although most people don't.

When in valor form if you don't move and watch sora he taps his foot as if in rhythm to a song

When you visit the pride lands for the first time and talk to donald he says Kairi would think you look cute.

The ice cream mini games in bbs cause I just love blast away.

Anagram

Banned
Nitpick:
Kingdom Hearts 2 not having a "retry" option like BBS.

Nitpicks:
-In the Mirage Arena, I wish you could choose to use the characters without armor. I understand why the where used for multiplayer originally, but I prefer to use the characters without their armor.

I have been thinking about that ever since I got BBS. I don't understand why they kept the armor when it is no longer multiplayer. It is more of a curiosity than nitpick for me though.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Nitpick:
Kingdom Hearts 2 not having a "retry" option like BBS.

I've been feeling this for my Critical Mode run. KH2 likes to go on and on without checkpoints. Lose to Axel after the Struggle and you have to fight Vivi and the Dusks to get back. Lose to Pete in the second fight at Olympus and you have to redo the first. It's a bit of a pain to do something I could snooze through just because they didn't backport a button.

Minor feature compliment: I like all the animated cursors in KH2. Especially the one in Land of the Dragons that sort of rises to an en guarde position when used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back