• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Empty throne in Land of Departure

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeefyLeChunk

This is my first post, so yeah. Hi! :) Anyway.

I've always felt that the missing throne in Land of Departure was a visual indication of the gap between Master Xehanort and Master Eraqus. Since trinities are everything in this series, a missing third master sitting on the thrones in Land of Departure might be an indication of a lack of stability and balance, especially in a world thats supposedly perfectly balanced between light and dark.

Which makes me wonder... for whom was the third throne made for? Who's the third member of the "trio"? And pulling connections from Kingdom Hearts χ and teasers of Kingdom Hearts III, I'm starting to speculate that the said person could be Ephemera, who might've been the unnamed "Master" of Xehanort and Eraqus. But Ephemera was way​ before the Xehanort era, so... not possible. Any thoughts?

Muke

whatever
Awards
I suppose the third throne is for Yen Sid,
since they all trained under the same master. :D

Gram

Banned
Awards
This is my first post, so yeah. Hi! :) Anyway.

I've always felt that the missing throne in Land of Departure was a visual indication of the gap between Master Xehanort and Master Eraqus. Since trinities are everything in this series, a missing third master sitting on the thrones in Land of Departure might be an indication of a lack of stability and balance, especially in a world thats supposedly perfectly balanced between light and dark.

Which makes me wonder... for whom was the third throne made for? Who's the third member of the "trio"? And pulling connections from Kingdom Hearts χ and teasers of Kingdom Hearts III, I'm starting to speculate that the said person could be Ephemera, who might've been the unnamed "Master" of Xehanort and Eraqus. But Ephemera was way​ before the Xehanort era, so... not possible. Any thoughts?
A good point. I never really put much thought into it myself. Just figured the empty seat is where their own master sat.
Oddly enough when Aqua changes the castle it's only the middle one that's left.

That's just a fan speculation. Not that it's not possible but it should be remembered that the only thing confirmed is that they're all old acquaintances.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I admit, I always thought it was Yensid's, only he had retired and there was nobody to fill the third seat. Perhaps it's Aqua's now since she was made a Master?

BeefyLeChunk

I suppose the third throne is for Yen Sid,

I don't think it's Yen Sid. Yen Sid was their friend, but he wasn’t their peer in that sense. He didn't look like a piece of the Land of Departure line-up. Maybe it's just for TAV to take over after the reins of Xehanort and Eraqus? With the whole "lack of stability" idea still in mind, I think Eraqus was planning for TAV to usher a healthier and more well-adapted future and not repeat what was already happening between them. Who knows?

Fortissimo

It makes for interesting theories. Maybe its meant to be foreshadowing to a new character in KH3 that will add more back story for Eraqus and Xehanort. Seeing as Eraqus was so anti dark, maybe something happened to the 3rd master involving darkness that sparked fear in Eraqus and interest in Xehanort.

Or maybe it's just for Yen Sid. Only Nomura knows~~

(maybe)

Anagram

Banned
I am just going to think of it as an unoccupied seat. It is easier that way. lol

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
It probably was just an empty seat for Xehanort and Eraqus. But it probably wasn't always. People in the KH universe have a natural proclivity for trios, and if generations of keyblade wielders have trained in that world, it's safe to assume the three thrones were for past master trios.

It probably speaks a lot about MX and ME's imbalances that they didn't have a third member to round out their trio. Think how messed up Sora and Riku could have gotten if there was never a Kairi to unite them. Not that ME and MX wouldn't have become extremes for sure if they did have a third.

Some guy

It just may be their master's seat ... Or Yen Sid's (He trained under the same master, right?)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It just may be their master's seat ... Or Yen Sid's (He trained under the same master, right?)

They never say, but they only refer to him as an old friend and not a brother apprentice like how Xehanort referred to Eraqus in his reports.

Some guy

They never say, but they only refer to him as an old friend and not a brother apprentice like how Xehanort referred to Eraqus in his reports.
Hmmm ... thanks for the clarification, I still have to tackle 2.5's BBS so I couldn't really remember. And I found out only now Gram already answered the question in an earlier post.

Given all we know about the game's beginning though, I'm pretty sure we'll find the answer in KH III.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't think it's Yen Sid. Yen Sid was their friend, but he wasn’t their peer in that sense. He didn't look like a piece of the Land of Departure line-up.
Well, Xehanort wasn't from the Land of Departure anyway, so I'm not sure looks tell much.

I still think it was Yen Sid's, but after re-playing BbS I noticed in Terra's story that he says, if you re-visit after the cut scene there, something along the lines of how the three of them walked the road of Keyblade Master alongside each other, but went their separate ways. Which ties into the first scene with Xehanort where it sounds like Eraqus had to persuade him to visit/fill his throne. Of course, that isn't "proof," but I'd think if the center throne was their master's, it would be larger than the other two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back