• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about Kingdom Hearts lore: Kairi's heart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

lazy bum

Hello I'm new to Khinsider and this is my fist attempt at creating a thread.

So I have a question that actually has been bothering me for a long time. We know that when Darkness has fallen over Destiny Island that Kairi's heart went into Sora. So my question is why it did that. Is it because of Kairi's status as a princess of heart or something else?

Thank you for your help.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Hi lazy bum. Welcom to KHI! :D

Why it went into Sora specifically? I chalk it up to him just being at the right place at the right time. He happened to be there standing in front of Kairi and trying to catch her when the darkness blew her away.

lazy bum

Hi lazy bum. Welcom to KHI! :D

Why it went into Sora specifically? I chalk it up to him just being at the right place at the right time. He happened to be there standing in front of Kairi and trying to catch her when the darkness blew her away.

I now see that my question wasn't exactly the best formulated.
I also wonder why her heart left her body in the first place.

Thanks.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I now see that my question wasn't exactly the best formulated.
I also wonder why her heart left her body in the first place.

Thanks.

I had a feeling that that's what you might have been asking, but I wasn't entirely sure.

Aside from "because darkness" it's not made explicitly clear why her heart left her body. In the opening for Dream Drop Distance it's implied that Ansem had a direct hand in it, but since the openings tend to be more symbolic than anything it's still not clear. What ever the reason, I think it can be chalked up to either the darkness "pushing" her heart out or her heart trying to flee.

Precursor Mar

I think Aqua's spell might have had something to do with it.

My guess is that after she lost her heart to darkness, instead of going to wherever pure hearts go it was guided to Sora's heart by Aqua's spell for refuge. As for her heart leaving her body, it was technically:

"because darkness"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back