• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Pureblood Heartless don't release hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
sorry if it's old topic but i really wanna know

so here are the few pureheartless we fought

1) phantom
Phantom_(Art)_KH.png

2) Dark Follower
kh-darkside_zps9b80c1c2.jpg

3) dark hide the name kinda stupid i'll just call him dark chain sound's cooler
Hunter_of_the_Dark.jpg

that's all i don't wanna post more picture's cause maybe bugging someone anyway the point is why pure heartless don't release or do they even have heart's?

Davidsawr

Re: why pure blood heartless don't release heart's

You missed shadows and neoshadows

Pure heartless are the embodiment of darkness and nothing else. All other heartless aka emblem heartless have been created by Ansem SoD. Maleficent only commands pure heartless as they are just darkness but Ansem controls the emblem heartless.

Xehanort-X-blade

You missed shadows and neoshadows

Pure heartless are the embodiment of darkness and nothing else. All other heartless aka emblem heartless have been created by Ansem SoD. Maleficent only commands pure heartless as they are just darkness but Ansem controls the emblem heartless.
lol i know but these heartless are pure if you didn't know but i don't know about phantom like i said i couldn't post more pictures this is good enough

Davidsawr

well they dont release hearts because they are nothing but darkness. Emblem heartless are created using hearts. Both have an insatiable desire to consume hearts which create more heartless

Gram

Banned
Awards

well they dont release hearts because they are nothing but darkness. Emblem heartless are created using hearts. Both have an insatiable desire to consume hearts which create more heartless

This is off. Both heartless are born from the heart. Heartless aren't just darkness made real but the darkness born from the heart. This is why Yen Sid points out it's near impossible to be rid of them so long as one heart contains darkness.

DDD Glossary said:
Heartless

Living embodiments of the darkness within our hearts, and therefore the darkness that has been in the world since its inception, Although they originate in our hearts, they have no hearts of their own, hence their name.

They instinctively hunt for hearts, and survive and reproduce by stealing them. They have no leaders or hierarchy, least of all the chaotic "Purebloods" which arise spontaneously.

"Emblem Heartless" ─ those created artificially by Xehanort's "Ansem" ─ behave in much the same way.

The actual difference between purebloods and emblems is that emblems are entirely artificial. Xehanort, while an apprentice to Ansem the Wise, learned to recreate pureblood heartless artificially and then branded the emblem on them to differentiate them:

Ansem Report 8 (KH1) said:
There is no doubt that the Heartless are deeply connected to the people's hearts. Further study may unravel both their motivations and the mysteries shrouding the heart. As a start, I have built a device that artificially creates Heartless.

By recreating the conditions that spawn the Heartless naturally, I should be able to produce them artificially. This device is the culmination of all my research thus far. The machine's test run successfully created a Heartless. This may be a step toward creating a heart from nothing.

The artificially and naturally created Heartless showed nearly identical traits. But the two types remain distinct for the purpose of the experiment. So, I will mark the ones that are created artificially.

The reason one releases no heart and that the other does stems entirely from the fact that one is artificial.
Why exactly? I remember it mentioned once somewhere that pureblood "devours" while emblem merely "contain" but I can't find it so take that with a grain of salt.

EDIT:
Also you forgot several heartless. Anything that lacks the trademark emblem is a pureblood heartless. Not just the ones you put pictures of.

Also the Phantom has the emblem on it's back:
tumblr_nakvp9THOc1qbtlzqo1_500.gif

Last edited:

kreezy64

Awards

Does it matter that the Dark Thorn and whatever comes before that in Beasts Castle are also pure bloods? And this has probably been addressed but the Dark Thorn and Red Eyes strike a huge resemblance, both in facial features and skin(?) if you wanna call it skin

Gram

Banned
Awards

Does it matter that the Dark Thorn and whatever comes before that in Beasts Castle are also pure bloods? And this has probably been addressed but the Dark Thorn and Red Eyes strike a huge resemblance, both in facial features and skin(?) if you wanna call it skin

I wouldn't say it matters per say. Most purebloods share resemblance if you want to get down into detailed stuff. In Days there are several variations of pureblood. Even the dark thorn has several different palette swapped looks.

The underlying theme of the pureblood is a black and/or added purple hue with yellow eyes. Even "red eyes" has yellow ones. They only glow red during certain attacks or when it's doing that stalking move.

Rolands

This is off. Both heartless are born from the heart. Heartless aren't just darkness made real but the darkness born from the heart. This is why Yen Sid points out it's near impossible to be rid of them so long as one heart contains darkness.

The actual difference between purebloods and emblems is that emblems are entirely artificial. Xehanort, while an apprentice to Ansem the Wise, learned to recreate pureblood heartless artificially and then branded the emblem on them to differentiate them:

The reason one releases no heart and that the other does stems entirely from the fact that one is artificial.
Why exactly? I remember it mentioned once somewhere that pureblood "devours" while emblem merely "contain" but I can't find it so take that with a grain of salt.
It comes off as really arbitrary. Why should purebloods act differently from Emblem heartless if Emblems are just copies of purebloods? Even if pureblood heartless are embodiments of the darkness of the heart, it doesn't seem unreasonable to assume that the vast majority of them contain no heart at all. The way I see it, while there are some Pureblood Heartless that possess hearts, the vast majority are formed completely from the darkness inherent to the Realm of Darkness. They could still be said to be "the embodiment of the darkness of the heart," since the Realm of Darkness was created as a result of the darkness in people's hearts: because of the Keyblade War.

Gram

Banned
Awards

It comes off as really arbitrary. Why should purebloods act differently from Emblem heartless if Emblems are just copies of purebloods? Even if pureblood heartless are embodiments of the darkness of the heart, it doesn't seem unreasonable to assume that the vast majority of them contain no heart at all. The way I see it, while there are some Pureblood Heartless that possess hearts, the vast majority are formed completely from the darkness inherent to the Realm of Darkness. They could still be said to be "the embodiment of the darkness of the heart," since the Realm of Darkness was created as a result of the darkness in people's hearts: because of the Keyblade War.
Honestly that's cause it is arbitrary. To be honest and fair the entire series is arbitrary. Most of it is left ambiguous and what isn't, isn't explained properly or in a place every fan can see it.
There's no real explanation just stated rules from games and Nomura. Things happen in the series, for the most part, simply cause. (save character driven events such as Xehanort and his schemes)

I just posted a quote stating they have no heart, so that much is a given. Only that they are born from them.
Not that it's not impossible they dont' form naturally in that realm but it's also not stated. They have so far only been stated to be born from the darkness of the heart.

It's why Yen Sid says:
Your past endeavors did prevent an immense effusion of Heartless from
the great darkness; make no mistake about that. However, the Heartless are
darkness made real---and darkness lingers yet in every heart. The Heartless are
fewer. But while darkness exists in a single heart, it will be difficult to
eliminate them.

They come from the heart. They were scarce before Xehanort but not nonexistent. There has always been beings that abused darkness since it's inception into their universe so it's only natural to think a heartless is the final outcome of such a being.
They eventually give in and rise in the dark realm as a heartless just as a nobody, if they are of strong heart, arises in the realm between.

The underlying theme of this series is heart. We see it everything, the title, the enemies, the themes of ties and friendship, Nomura actually saying it bluntly (which is a bit funny since he was asked it in an interview, can only imagine his "dude really?" face).
Memories, ties, heartless (born from darkness of the heart), nobodies (people who've had their hearts stolen), dream eaters (dreams in general born of a heart sleeping), etc.

It all ties back into the heart somehow.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards

That's where the arbitrary stuff comes in. They're born from hearts but lack despite the fact they release them.
The best example is Sora, Xehanort or the other Ansem the Wise apprentices. Sora released his with a keyblade and from what we can gather from the DDD opening Xehanort did the same to himself and the apprentices.

They all changed in the same way but Sora turned into a pure blood and presumably so did the others since it was the same method.
Yet despite them making purebloods they still had hearts that released. Kairi changed Sora back and Xehanort and the others re completed.

At the very least the hearts that made the purebloods is released.

Xehanort-X-blade

That's where the arbitrary stuff comes in. They're born from hearts but lack despite the fact they release them.
The best example is Sora, Xehanort or the other Ansem the Wise apprentices. Sora released his with a keyblade and from what we can gather from the DDD opening Xehanort did the same to himself and the apprentices.

They all changed in the same way but Sora turned into a pure blood and presumably so did the others since it was the same method.
Yet despite them making purebloods they still had hearts that released. Kairi changed Sora back and Xehanort and the others re completed.

At the very least the hearts that made the purebloods is released.
thanks Gram that's valuable information for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back