• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► The Lion Guard - "Let out a WILD ROAR!"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Disney's The Lion King to Continue with The Lion Guard - ComingSoon.net

The Lion Guard is a sequel to the Lion King that will premiere as an hour long movie airing in Fall 2015 followed by a television series that will premiere in January 2016.

The series will focus on Kion, second child of Simba and Nala as he leads the Lion Guard. The Lion Guard are a group of Lions who are tasked with protecting the Pride Lands.

Soooo, this news came out in June. Surprised we missed it.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Re: The Lion Guard(2015)

i'm on the fence with this one. i remember watching disney channel original series' as a kid, especially the one based on the movies, and while they weren't exactly top-shelf, the quality of the shows have declined over the years and i'm awfully skeptical about this considering the two lion king sequels weren't that good and how this might hurt the reputation of the original even further.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

The plot actually sounds surprisingly good, but the fact that it's going to be a TV movie is a strike against it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

The plot actually sounds surprisingly good, but the fact that it's going to be a TV movie is a strike against it.

if only every animated series came stamped with a gravity falls seal of quality,

Gram

Banned
Awards

I'm less than optimistic about this. Namely for reasons Chuman gave. While I did like the Aladdin and Hercules series back in the day I can't say the same for anything that followed the original Lion King. That combined with Disney falling to less than sh*t with it's channels over the years leaves me less than positive.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

rofl maybe kion can cameo on that new DC original movie instead

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

The animation will probably be crappy CGI.

Speaking of Simba's second child, what ever happened to his son shown at the end of the first one? In Lion King 2, he never appeared and was replaced by Kiara.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

The animation will probably be crappy CGI.

Speaking of Simba's second child, what ever happened to his son shown at the end of the first one? In Lion King 2, he never appeared and was replaced by Kiara.

that would be so easy to write in as A. that was kiara or B. that was kion's birth. the movie did time-skip from scar's death to the ending so who can really say how far?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

That was Kiara.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

read above post. they could have totally wrote that in.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

i'm on the fence with this one. i remember watching disney channel original series' as a kid, especially the one based on the movies, and while they weren't exactly top-shelf, the quality of the shows have declined over the years and i'm awfully skeptical about this considering the two lion king sequels weren't that good and how this might hurt the reputation of the original even further.

(Motorcity, Tron: Uprising, Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yonder, and Randy Cunningham say hello)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

No it wasn't. It was a totally different cub. He had Simba's ears.
Simba's ears when he's just born and being shown to the Pride Lands aren't the same as when he's a cub. Animals do not look the same as they do when they're born and The Lion King had actual lions used as references so let's not be ridiculous.

Simba-Cub-the-lion-king-cubs-29654120-523-550.jpg

Cub-Simba-the-lion-king-30880412-657-880.jpg

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

If it was a film release, then everyone compares it to the original Lion King. It sounds more like an environmentalist special.
Better that than a TV movie. At least as a theatrical film, it would have a chance to be at least decent.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: The Lion Guard

[video=youtube;X19M8Ugshlw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X19M8Ugshlw[/video]

James Earl Jones will once again voice the late lion king Mufasa in The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar, an original movie airing on Disney Channel this November and setting the stage for the upcoming Disney Channel/Disney Junior series The Lion Guard.

Similarly, The Lion King‘s Ernie Sabella will reprise the voice of Pumbaa, while new castings include Rob Lowe (Parks and Recreation) as Simba, Gabrielle Union (Being Mary Jane) as Nala and Max Charles (The Neighbors) as their second-born cub Kion.

The movie follows Kion as he assumes the role of leader of the Lion Guard, a team of animals tasked with preserving the Pride Lands. Joshua Rush voices Kion’s best bud Bunga, Atticus Shaffer (The Middle) is an intellectual egret named Ono, Diamond White is the cheetah Fuli and Dusan Brown voices Beshte the hippo.

Additional voice cast members include Eden Reigel (All My Children), Sarah Hyland (Modern Family), Greg Ellis (Star Wars Rebels), Khary Payton (Teen Titans) as Rafiki and Kevin Schon (The Lion King’s Timon and Pumbaa) as Timon.

The series The Lion Guard will premiere on Disney Channel and Disney Junior channels worldwide in early 2016.

Disney Channel’s ‘Lion Guard: Return of the Roar’ Cast James Earl Jones, Rob Lowe | TVLine

Rob Lowe...I get that Matthew Broderick is a bit of an "old man" these days but still. Or they could have got Cam Clarke. But they must have really wanted Rob Lowe.

(Fun note, Eden Riegal is Chuami, "Auron's daughter", in Final Fantasy X -Will- and her brother is Sam Riegal. AND diddly YES KHARY PAYTON)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Re: The Lion Guard

[video=youtube;X19M8Ugshlw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X19M8Ugshlw[/video]

Rob Lowe...I get that Matthew Broderick is a bit of an "old man" these days but still. Or they could have got Cam Clarke. But they must have really wanted Rob Lowe.

(Fun note, Eden Riegal is Chuami, "Auron's daughter", in Final Fantasy X -Will- and her brother is Sam Riegal. AND diddly YES KHARY PAYTON)
idk... the animation is off-putting. but i guess its on par with a disney junior show.

@ethy BUT HE'S PRIDE LANDS!ROB LOWE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back