• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Magic Mirror

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I read on the wikia that The Magic Mirror was turned into an Unversed. Is that true? How can a Disney character become an Unversed? Can someone explain that to me?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Wait, the journal actually says that? I didn't know that, I thought it was some idiot from the wikia lying.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Wait, the journal actually says that? I didn't know that, I thought it was some idiot from the wikia lying.

I thought the same thing and went to go look up in game textual confirmation. Wamp wamp wamp.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well...trees and a pumpkin carriage turned into Unversed as well. I suppose that not only can Unversed be summoned, but negative energies can be fueled into already-existing physical receptacles and alter their nature?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I didn't realize he became an Unversed either, and so then he shook off his Unversedness after being beaten up by the keyblade wielders? Okay then.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
the queen just throw magic spell on him how did that make him Unversed doesn't make sense

Sure it does. The Queen was pissed, she tossed a potion at the screen with her anger. Instant Unversed.

Unversed weren't the most well thought-out concept, likely due to them being negative emotions of Vanitas not being the original concept.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
So that means The Queen has knowledge on how to create Unversed? Maybe she has a bigger role in all of this? Perhaps it's something Master Xehanort gave her to unleash more Unversed in the world? She must have a whole batch of Unversed potion in her castle. Now I feel like the Unversed can return, just artificial ones like the Magic Mirror.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
So that means The Queen has knowledge on how to create Unversed? Maybe she has a bigger role in all of this? Perhaps it's something Master Xehanort gave her to unleash more Unversed in the world? She must have a whole batch of Unversed potion in her castle. Now I feel like the Unversed can return, just artificial ones like the Magic Mirror.
she didn't meet MX to know how to create Unversed remember terra asked her about xehanort than she chicked her magic mirror to see if his in the same world or not

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

All they really are is negative emotions given physical form. Of course they could come back. Vanitas was their origin, but he is proof that enough negative energy can give way to an awful power if channeled.

But no, she never met Xehanort.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Its pretty much a repeat of Scar as a heartless: just something the devs threw out there for the sake of explaining why the boss has so many magic attacks without giving a damn for the consequences.

Gram

Banned
Awards
If I remember right....wasn't that whole mirror scene changed between versions? In the original the Queen gets all pissed, glows with some negative vibes, and the mirror goes awol like the pumpkin carriage in Cinderella.

Or am I remembering that wrong? Tried looking but all I'm getting is english versions in my vid search. x[

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If I remember right....wasn't that whole mirror scene changed between versions? In the original the Queen gets all pissed, glows with some negative vibes, and the mirror goes awol like the pumpkin carriage in Cinderella.

Or am I remembering that wrong? Tried looking but all I'm getting is english versions in my vid search. x[

Yes.

[video=youtube;AqLu8cckj28]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqLu8cckj28[/video]

Gram

Banned
Awards
8D My memory wasn't didn't fail today~ I do wonder why they changed it though....her throwing chemicals on the mirror didn't really make much more sense. lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
8D My memory wasn't didn't fail today~ I do wonder why they changed it though....her throwing chemicals on the mirror didn't really make much more sense. lol

It was done in order to be more accurate to her character. The Evil Queen was known for using potions (specifically the potion that turned her into an old woman), so they wanted to keep that theme going.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Woah, I've never seen that. Even though the usage of potions is true to the Queen, I much preferred that original version! It makes much more sense as the plot of Birth By Sleep goes. Perhaps a hybrid of the two instances would have been best. A scene where we can see the Queen's emotions manipulating not the mirror but her potion bottle which she would then proceed to throw on the mirror could have worked.

But I suppose her negativity somehow imbued the potion in the changed version as well, even if her "red" negativity isn't visually apparent.

:E

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Woah, I've never seen that. Even though the usage of potions is true to the Queen, I much preferred that original version! It makes much more sense as the plot of Birth By Sleep goes. Perhaps a hybrid of the two instances would have been best. A scene where we can see the Queen's emotions manipulating not the mirror but her potion bottle which she would then proceed to throw on the mirror could have worked.

But I suppose her negativity somehow imbued the potion in the changed version as well, even if her "red" negativity isn't visually apparent.

:E

That probably would would have been better. Oh well. I don't think people would have still understood it made the mirror into an Unversed. The only way to remedy that would be by sticking some Unversed eyes somewhere or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back