• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Collection Edition Announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
o_O Am I seeing things correctly? A really nice CE for KH in the US? Amazing!
It's a good deal but I'm not sure I want to spend $100 right now. :/ If only we could take down the price by not getting 1.5 since I have the LE of it. I need some time to think! I'll make my decision by Friday so hopefully it'll still be available then.
To help my decision I need to ask anyone who has bought from the SE online store before, how reliable is it? And do the games usually arrive on release day?

It isn't using the SE Store/Digital River like normal. Square Enix has opted for a different service this time and I haven't really heard anything about them before so we are all going into this blind.

Bobjam

Awards
I ended up going for it. Glad I waited and despite the price, I even like the box of this collection better than the Jp CE! Love the blue/grey colour scheme on it.

Dazza

Is it okay to be mad about the way, they are handling this in PAL-territories? This is such a great CE and I'd love to spend my money on this... but both shops don't ship to other territories, so theres absolutely no chance for me to get my hands on this. Why not sell this through a retailer that grants international shipping or why region lock the shop to begin with, when you're not going to make this available in all of your shops, SE?

Sorry, I don't mean to whine or ruin the mood. I'm just really disappointed right now and even feel a little offended. Congrats to everyone, who gets the chance to buy this. Such a nice Edition, really. Guess I was born in the wrong country... it's a shame. :/

I am also feeling both disappointed and offended right now. I live in New Zealand and I'm quite shocked they're doing this to the Oceania region... :(
If I could somehow swap the pin for the artbook and steel case... one can dream.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Really excited for to see another collector's edition from the series. I do gotta say though, the fact that this does not look to be coming with the standard versions case is a bit upsetting (can just buy that used in the future for cheap tho). And I don't know what I'll do with a second copy of 1.5, but I guess for collection purposes I'll keep both since this has custom disc art and my current copy of 1.5 is the LE. I'd been meaning to buy the Shadow plush for a while now, so this cool since I hadn't yet. That box will go great next to my 3D Mark of Mastery Edition.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I am also feeling both disappointed and offended right now. I live in New Zealand and I'm quite shocked they're doing this to the Oceania region... :(
If I could somehow swap the pin for the artbook and steel case... one can dream.

There's always a way. I, too, am living in such a "wrong" country to which many don't ship, but I managed to find a proxy in the US to forward the stuff for me.

Otherwise, you might have heard of something called virtual posting address. I haven't tried it myself, but you can find out more about it and make use of it.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
1.5 retails at $20
2.5 retails at $40
Shadow Plush retails at $30-40 depending on where you go
Steelbook probably has a value of $10-15
Artbook probably valued at $10-15

It's not that much of a deal but you are getting more for $100 than you would if you bought 1.5, 2.5, and that plush by itself (which are $90-100 total on their own)

But if you don't care about that stuff, of course it has no value.

It's roughly $130 in Europe though, and that's without shipping which will easily bump that up to $150 if you live outside of the UK or France.

I wish they would have included the artbook with the LE and kept the stupid pin for the CE, along with the (adorable) plushie and the steelbook. Would have made much more sense and felt like less punishing for us early adopters.

limit

Wow, I actually just lost hope in an actual CE and I was almost going to buy the lame LE. GG Square. Sad news is, $100 is brutal.

*sigh* I'll find the money just for you, KH. But for once patience was sure as hell worth it.

bazimon

The lack of money in my wallet is gut wrenching at viewing this. Even if I could fork out the money, it means I'd have to own 1.5 twice. And even if I was able to purchase it and didn't minded having two of the game, it couldn't ship to Singapore anyways...

All I can say is I hope that they release the LE with the artbook because that's the only real reason I would fork out +$50 for the CE.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I'm actually bummed. Current 1.5 and Shadow plush owner speaking, so the art book and case are not worth the additional 50 dollars to me :/

captain

Bronze Member
Clearly, I already have the limited edition of HD 1.5, so the debate is whether to cancel my GameStop preorder and get this.... OR wait for a possible similar collection before or during the release of KH3 on the PS4...

I've got the collector's versions of all the other games so far, so I'd hate not to get this one as well...

On the other hand, this along with my Metal Gear Solid Legacy collection, would obligate me to keep my PS3 to make the purchase worth it - instead of trading it when I can towards a PS4 ...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I find it really odd that the CE isn't being offered in all the regions where SE actually publishes their games. Doesn't really make sense to me.

To those who reside in regions where KH is published by another entity, I suggest tracking that party down and sending them messages of support, whether it be through Customer Service or their social network channels. Even if the 2.5 CE isn't made available in time, the best thing to do is to show that there is a lot of interest in these bundles in order to encourage them to release future ones.

eefara

The post mentions that the steekbook has art on the inside and outside; do we know what's in the inside? I'm really hoping it's the cover artwork for both games so those who buy the Collector's Edition will still get 2.5's artwork.

Keyslinger

I'm having trouble preordering it the cart won't show up is anyone else having problems like this?

Anr12

Okay so I am receiving the CE as a birthday gift and I have already preordered 2.5, Should I cancel the 2.5 preorder? I'm just worried the CE won't be here on time and I'm very impatient! Also I have a display case and would like to display 1.5 next to 2.5? Comments anyone? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back