• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would you want out of a KH3D:HD?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
—KHχ (Key) isn't the only title that hasn't been covered in KH1.5 or KH2.5. There's KH3D, too.

Nomura: That's true. Aside from KHχ (Key), which is currently still open for service, KH3D is the only title in the series not remastered in HD. I personally don’t like leaving it as the odd one out, so I think it’s an issue that requires consideration.

So since it's being given consideration (and since DDD is in 2.5's credits) how would you like them to handle a DDD:HD?

I've seen many say they want one but how exactly do you want it done?
HD remake? Disc, download, both? Theater only? Any features you'd like added? More scenes?

Last edited:

Noel

Awards
Okay. I'm gonna get my Kupo kicked for this idea, but possibly have KH3D;HD be a Wii U exclusive? Reasons why? We'll get Sora and every other original character in Super Smash Bros 5

The real reason? I dunno, I already appreciate that we have already gotten almost a full HD collection uve' every Kingdom Hearts game on PS3, but we're forgetting that Nintendo is practically the small piece uve' history Kingdom Hearts kind uve' well forgot—using this way out uve' proportion— to give credit for. It also make sense since TWEWY was on the DS/Nintendo, and since some characters were in KH3D. It might actually be fine to give them some justice and see them on the big Wii U screen!

It's a kick for all the stones in this case. TWEWY gets recognized even more, Wii U gets more profit that it sorrowly needs right now, and more people would enjoy Kingdom Hearts! Of course who wouldn't want to Sora and Neku fighting Link in the future?

Last edited:

Tetsujin

I have never played it due to not having an interest in handhelds anymore, so I'd be fine with just getting the game on console. Standalone retail disc release would be best (and most likely what we're gonna get).

It would be neat if it were a "Final Mix" version with added features I guess. From what I have seen, it seems to be lacking a bit in post-game content (optional superbosses etc)?

And maybe an additional secret ending to further tease KHIII in some way. :p

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If the reason why as to why no KH games were allowed on the PSN was because of Utada's music, then DDD would be the first one that can go on there since it's an instrumental version used (this version can also be used on Youtube without getting muted).

In that case, I'd love for it to go on the PSN for PS4, but a disc is fine too (especially since they managed to sell First Light on disc in Europe). I'd rather not pay $60-80 for the game though, so hopefully it'd just be around $25-50.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
From what I have seen, it seems to be lacking a bit in post-game content (optional superbosses etc)?

You can refight every single world's boss in this game at a higher difficulty. That already doubles just how many fights you can do in the game.

It certainly doesn't have a traditional Xehanort-related secret boss or Final Fantasy secret boss, but there is Julius which is a great step forward for this series considering it is our first Disney secret boss.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to add a boss, though. People were screaming for a TWEWY boss like Sho Minamimoto, which seemed like a no-brainer that the dev team somehow missed out on even though you can "face off" against Minamimoto (in name) in Flick Rush (the game's main mini-game)

It really didn't need much post-game content, though. There are a bunch of Dream Eaters to collect and maxing their affinity levels is hell in itself. That plus finding all of the treasures (which is a really difficulty thing in this game), doing all of the Link Portal missions, getting gold in all of the Dive sequences, and completing Flick Rush, it is a pretty full game. Not as much content as BBS, but definitely close.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Hm...guess I'm gonna be of the most unpopular opinion then cause I'd be satisfied with just getting a theater mode on 2.5 depicting the story. (something of a bit between 1.5 Days and 2.5 Coded)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Does anyone think that, to expand KH3D even further, a fully-internet enabled Mirage Arena should be included? It should keep it VEEERY busy before KH3, and Nomura did say he was planning on releasing a KINGDOM HEARTS title per year (of course, during this point of the series it isn't necessary, but it was just a thought).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If they couldn't afford time and resources to put multiplayer into KH2.5 or Type-0, they wouldn't do it for any other past game.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If they couldn't afford time and resources to put multiplayer into KH2.5 or Type-0, they wouldn't do it for any other past game.

Right. Good point. Though it would be interesting if they did that.

But in terms of adding something else to DDD, I don't know. Another secret ending would just serve to further the idea of asking questions instead of answering them. A Final Fantasy or Xehanort related superboss fight would be fun. Heck, I would suggest Sephiroth, but I think they'll reserve that for KH3 (assuming he makes a comeback).

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It'd have to be PS4. PS3 titles aren't doing too well anymore, especially in Japan.

Is it possible for the ReMixes to be re-released for the PS4? I can practically imagine a limited edition white PS4 with the KH logo engraved in it that comes both ReMixes and KH3D HD.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Plus it brings more fans over to the PS4/Xbox One, a transition Square Enix has started with Type-0 in order to get fans ready for XV.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Is it possible for the ReMixes to be re-released for the PS4?

I sincerely hope so. The collections are pretty much the only things making me keep a ps3 right now. I love the games I got on it and wish some was on ps4 but would rather use it to get newer games I want.

digimikej

Awards
Hm...guess I'm gonna be of the most unpopular opinion then cause I'd be satisfied with just getting a theater mode on 2.5 depicting the story. (something of a bit between 1.5 Days and 2.5 Coded)

but not alone! I actually prefer these theater modes, for the 5 or so minutes (haha, funny, I mean seconds) of new story tidbits in each of them, plus the insight into the characters we get from everything being a fully voiced cutscene.

Gram

Banned
Awards
but not alone! I actually prefer these theater modes, for the 5 or so minutes (haha, funny, I mean seconds) of new story tidbits in each of them, plus the insight into the characters we get from everything being a fully voiced cutscene.

A kindred soul! ;A;

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
All of Dream Drop Distances cutscenes are already fully voiced though so it wouldn't make a difference?

Gram

Banned
Awards
All of Dream Drop Distances cutscenes are already fully voiced though so it wouldn't make a difference?

I believe he's referring to the days part of my post. Days in which wasn't fully voiced while Coded in 2.5 was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back