• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why are there no Kingdom Hearts commercials in the U.S?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingdompiano19

I ask people do they know KH and most say no. Then I see all these commercials for famous games and I'm thinking," Why is there no kingdom hearts commercial?" I think ive only seen one in my entire life. Why aren't there any for KH 2.5? Why maybe only in Japan?

Noel

Awards
Re: why is there no kingdom hearts commercials in the U.S?

Welcome to the forums! Next time be sure to create any new threads in their proper sections. So for in this case, this should go in to one uve' the series discussion sections. However don't feel the need to create another thread as where a Mod or Admin will generously move it for you! :]

As for your topic, I've seen commercials for almost every game in the title although for the first game. Sadly I was around kindergarten when it came out. You could probably find them on youtube to relive the nostalgia. As for Kingdom Hearts 2.5 remix it had just been released in Japan so only Japan would only have comercials—TV and Internet— for it.

Although! Once it's nearing the date for the U.S release, I'm sure you'll be rekindled with the hope uve' seeing commercials for the game!

Don't feel disheartened that Kingdom Hearts does not receive a fanfare that most Triple A titles receive. We have multiple sites, youtubers, tumblrs, everything concerning Kingdom Hearts. I'd say we're a stronger Kingdom then most gamers. ;]

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Re: why is there no kingdom hearts commercials in the U.S?

They exist, though I've rarely ever saw them on TV. I saw the KHI commercial either once or twice, one of those times being on the House of Villains VHS tape. And BBS on ABC Family once around 8:15 pm. (The airings for these things are so rare, I have them memorized...) And I never saw a KHII commercial air at all.

The Nintendo games were always airing on Nickelodeon, though. CoM, Days, Re:Coded, and I think DDD as well but that was right when I stopped watching the channel so I'm not sure. I swear Days and Re:Coded would air at every commercial break.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It really depends on what channels you're watching and when. I remember seeing commercials for every game up until BBS. They've aired them networks like USA, Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, around starting around late afternoons to appeal to who they believe to be the target audience, but lately there has definitely been a sharp decline.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I saw a KH3D commercial during some late-night block. Might have been Adult Swim or something on ABC Family I just so happened to be watching. I swear I remember there being a KH3D commercial playing during Teen Wolf on MTV too but my memory might be playing tricks on me. (This was back when I didn't care so much about TW so I wouldn't even remember)

KH2 had commercials aired on ABC, ABC Family, Disney Channel, Nick, Cartoon Network, etc.

We didn't get any 1.5 commercials, but I hope they have some 2.5 ones. (That aren't of people telling their favorite KH moments kthx)

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Most of the KH commercials I saw were in Cartoon Network. I remember seeing the 358/2 Days commercial A LOT. I think I also saw a KH3D commercial as well but I don't remember it.

I saw KH 2 on that Disney 411 coverage thing. They interviewed the voice actors.

EDIT: It was 411 not 365.

[video=youtube;kQKuYVWozO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQKuYVWozO0[/video]

Last edited:

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I remember seeing the Kingdom Hearts 2 commercials back in the day. They were scarce but were around. From then, I don't think I have seen any other commercials from the portable games. And I do believe there was a 1.5 commercials as well in a certain point. There maybe some Kingdom Hearts 2.5 commercials later on next month. Most of the advertisements though have moved on to many media websites.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
It's probably due to marketers believing the people who will buy KH 2.5 aren't new buyers and they don't need to spend money to remind those customer the guy is coming out.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Kingdom Hearts has always had commercials.
In fact the original commercial that aired with simple and clean is how I found out about it. They've been on channels where teens/tweens frequent. KH has had its commercials on Disney, Nick, Cartoon Network, MTV, and ABC Family. I was the first person to record the BBS commercial as it aired on ABC Family. I remember the Days commercial being on MTV and Cartoon Network ALL the time, and MTV had special cast interviews for KH2. II,Chain of memories and the original had features on Disney's Secret Lab and Disney 411. And I recall seeing the 3D commercial a few times as well.

In case you were curious, here are some of the aired-on TV commercials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNvTWohCFjI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uMMKDd1Fr0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v9eIdi5Ehg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTPmkoEoFyQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dagDAeEuoI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knBOAflhKcw

axel95

Awards
I remember seeing the Days commercial almost every day before my first hour computers class my freshman year of high school, and that's about it. Most of the channels I watch wouldn't be ideal for Kingdom Hearts commercials to show on.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Most of the KH commercials I saw were in Cartoon Network. I remember seeing the 358/2 Days commercial A LOT. I think I also saw a KH3D commercial as well but I don't remember it.

I saw KH 2 on that Disney 411 coverage thing. They interviewed the voice actors.

Something that few people actually know about in regards to that event: Shinji Hashimoto and Yoko Shimomura were among the attendants.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I remember Kingdom Hearts I, Chain of Memories and II always had commercials that aired consistently on a lot of channels with cartoons. While I don't recall ever seeing anything for Days, I do remember seeing a Birth by Sleep commercial only once (same thing for Re:coded). Dream Drop Distance was airing everywhere from Cartoon Network, the local news channel, Comedy Central and so on.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I ask people do they know KH and most say no. Then I see all these commercials for famous games and I'm thinking," Why is there no kingdom hearts commercial?" I think ive only seen one in my entire life. Why aren't there any for KH 2.5? Why maybe only in Japan?

Welcome to the forums! As everyone else has said most of the games have had tv commercials, it just depended on what channels you watched. Personally I know that I saw the commercials for the GBA CoM, BBS, and DDD. I feel like I saw the commercials for KH2 and Days but I can't really remember.

I forgot about those 411 videos. Listen to 0:33-0:36. He says "This story begins where the first Kingdom Hearts left off". :/ Way to mislead the players who didn't play CoM. xD

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Commericals show up but only for main titles at least here in the US. Like games that are not completely new like RE:COM and HD collections don't get it because Square simply wants to save on advertising and know they'll make a killing profit selling it anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back