• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

National Novel Writing Month

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
NaNoWriMo_zps5d08a927.jpg

The month of November isn't just about turkey, it's also National Novel Writing Month! With just a little over a week until November starts, I figured it might be a good time to bring this up. The rules of the game in a nutshell:

-Write 50,000 words in a month
-Be the sole author of your work
-New work only! Don't try to bring in something you've already written to pad up your word count; only things you write from the start of November
-Fiction, fan fiction, screenplays, poems, and more count for this
-50,000 words seems to steep? Just write whatever you can!
-Just write and enjoy it

If you want you can just enter for fun and don't have to worry about the rules so much. For example I only plan to write 31,000 words total (one thousand a day) and even though you're supposed to 'validate' your novel by turning it into the website, I doubt I'll do that. This is just a reason to write, so put on your writing pants (you have to obtain a pair of writing pants if you don't already own some for whatever reason) and get ready to write!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I've heard of this before, but I had no idea it was still a thing! :D I want to give it a try!

Can it be a bunch of stories instead of just one really long novel, CD-Mann? I'm such a newbie, when it comes to NaNoWiroM. :'3 I might post whatever amount of words I get done on here instead of submitting it to the website too. Except I'm curious what happens, when people submit stuff to it?

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Can it be a bunch of stories instead of just one really long novel, CD-Mann? I'm such a newbie, when it comes to NaNoWiroM. :'3 I might post whatever amount of words I get done on here instead of submitting it to the website too. Except I'm curious what happens, when people submit stuff to it?

The idea is that it's one long novel, but I've never been one to follow the rules by the letter. I remember the last time I tried this I jumped around different stories. I feel as if the main point is to get people writing, so do what you want! :D

And from what I can tell, the only thing they do with your novel is count it up to validate it has the right number of words, and they probably use it to chalk up statistics. Plus, prizes for hitting 50K. They also encourage you to publish your work if you want, but the website is mostly a tool for you to use.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Hoho, WOW! I had no idea this existed! What a great opportunity to get new authors a chance to showcase their goods! I'm DEFINITELY going to do something original. I might even try for the 50K. I'd love for a wide audience to appreciate something I write because of shared interest (not that you guys aren't good at that ;D) and this is pretty much heaven on a plate for me.

Noel

Awards
This is amazing! Albeit it feels extremely intimidating. The closest I've ever written was about 25,000 words in Esprit' and that was over a span uve' three quarters uve' a year! /.\

I would love to win the prize uve' seeing anything I write, get published for my self however! :3

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've been doing this every year since 2009 (I think? ;A;) and I wrote my Overbit Chaos story through it lulz. It is the most amazing thing ever omg ;~; (i also kinda go overboard with the word count heh... *hides*) But I'm doing it again this year and editing KHOC instead! YAAAAAY REBELLION :D

Is anyone else on the website? ;w; We can be NaNo buddies!!

Noel

Awards
Since this thread has been stickied, I'm sure it would be alright to post your account on here and add friends! c:

Look for Gendilan! \(^.^)/

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Ah, what the hell, sign me up; maybe if I've got a contest I'm doing, it'll get me to get off my duff and write that next best seller I've been toying with instead of pushing it off again and again because of college. Just using my forum name there, so you can still call me Eternal Dream; nice and easy, right peeps?

ChibiHearts249

Awards
I can't add y'all at the moment because I gotta get back to work, but I just made my account. ChibiHearts, of course!

EDIT: Ok! All added! I can't wait to start brainstorming, but I've REALLY gotta work on my Halloween contest story first!

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Hey guys!

I'm known as Felix J on the website. (The J stands for Jeri.) I've added Noel, Rena, and Chibi already. Eternal Dream, I've got a list of people under that name, so you may have to befriend me first. xD Pretty much every other username I tried was taken. Sorry if it's lame. Can call me Jeri or Felix. I'll answer to both on there.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
There were a couple for you too, Kit Kat, but I took a look and saw what you meant about me. Got you added to my buddies list; now, it's just getting things written up for that Halloween contest, and then it's on to Massive amounts of writing!

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Im actually pretty terrified of November now. As excited as I am to write this and after deciding to use a concept that I could even elaborate on AFTERWARDS (lots of planning ahead: im not Nomura XD) , it's still daunting. Right now im just trying to finish up Halloween, but next month weighs pretty heavily on my mind.
My family and friends are really supportive, though! Even if a few think im joking ^_^'

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Oh guys, I keep getting emails talking about the event. I need a stress ball -_-

I have been getting them too. You do know, you can remove their e-mails by unsubscribing them, right? In all honesty, if you put it out of your mind or don't take what they say too much to heart, kind of relieves the pressure some. Just do your best and try not too over think it too much. You have family and friends to support you, Chibi, and you got lots of time to try to complete your story in Nov. C: I hope that helps a little.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
I have been getting them too. You do know, you can remove their e-mails by unsubscribing them, right? In all honesty, if you put it out of your mind or don't take what they say too much to heart, kind of relieves the pressure some. Just do your best and try not too over think it too much. You have family and friends to support you, Chibi, and you got lots of time to try to complete your story in Nov. C: I hope that helps a little.
Haha, support helps, but when this is over I'm gonna need crutches! But I won't be too bummed out if I don't finish. There's always next year. And the emails are their own form of support, I suppose~ They've even got a suggested daily schedule.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
NaNo has started on the east coast! :D (so i should've been writing an hour ago haha //sob) What's everyone's goals for today? ;w; If you can write more at the beginning of the month, definitely go for it! It helps out so much later on!

ChibiHearts249

Awards
NaNo has started on the east coast! :D (so i should've been writing an hour ago haha //sob) What's everyone's goals for today? ;w; If you can write more at the beginning of the month, definitely go for it! It helps out so much later on!
Well, I just worked an exhausting shift, but I live on the east coast, myself. So I've been considering staying up. But after a bit of thinking, I decided I'm going to wait until morning because I'm off this weekend. I want to work through the kinks of beginning the story (I always struggle with beginnings) and then go to the movies with one of my friends later. We're going to see a Halloween-themed triple feature at our Drive-In tonight (November 1st) and she's gonna help me brainstorm certain things.

But I want to establish the main characters or at least MOST of them for today. Perhaps 4,000 words or more? I mean, 1,000 is actually pretty easy. 4,000 is a much better haul on day 1!

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I was going to to make a topic on NaNo in late September so that people hearing about it for the first time and were interested would have time to plan. Then I got lazy.

I was going to post on this topic when it went up. Then I got lazy.

Today is the first day of NaNo and I was planning to start it as soon as midnight rolled around. Then I got lazy.

Now it's almost five thirty in the morning and all I have is a cold cup of coffee, a strange pain behind my left eye plaguing me since yesterday, and a half finished synopsis.

*holds up mug*

CHEERS!

*takes a swig then cries*

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Oh Ruran, it's ok. It's 10:25am here and I STILL haven't started XD
Everybody thinks what they want me to do for them is so much more important than something I myself want to do...

EDIT: Earth to Captain Stupid. Why have I not figured out how the site works yet? I...should probly play with it a bit, eheheh. And I don't have a wordcount on the app I use to write. So it'll be a mystery to me while I'm doing it XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back