• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does Mickey consider Terra a "Friend"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I brought up this point in a previous discussion and I thought I'd do a thread for it.

In the climax of DDD Mickey expressed regret that he couldn't save TAV, considering them his friends while doing so. What I found baffling was why Mickey considered Terra a friend. Unlike Ven or Aqua, Terra and Mickey never meet, bonded, or even fought together. They didn't interact once for the entirety of BBS. For Mickey to consider Terra a friend when he never meet the guy seems so strange. Even though their interactions were minimal, I understand why Mickey would consider Aqua and Ven his friends. Terra, not so much. What do you guys think?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Friend. Comrade. Brother in Arms. Mutual friend. Enemy of his enemy. It's all semantical, but the connotations are the same. Mickey considers Terra a friend if only because they're vaguely "team mates" and because he is Aqua's and Ven's friend.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I always took Rurans view on it. To Mickey he's the friend of a friend and thus a friend by extension. Mickey's never meet him so he has no reason to not consider him so.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Friend. Comrade. Brother in Arms. Mutual friend. Enemy of his enemy. It's all semantical, but the connotations are the same. Mickey considers Terra a friend if only because they're vaguely "team mates" and because he is Aqua's and Ven's friend.
I'm sorry, but I just can't buy Mickey only considering Terra a friend just because of his relationship with Terra and Aqua. They should have had some interactions in BBS no matter how small they might have been.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'm sorry, but I just can't buy Mickey only considering Terra a friend just because of his relationship with Terra and Aqua. They should have had some interactions in BBS no matter how small they might have been.

There's really nothing to be done if you buy it or not since we've already seen that Mickey does indeed think of him as such.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
There's really nothing to be done if you buy it or not since we've already seen that Mickey does indeed think of him as such.

But then...that kind of goes back to what I asked about Mickey not knowing about Xehanort.

Gram

Banned
Awards
But then...that kind of goes back to what I asked about Mickey not knowing about Xehanort.

Not so. Mickey never seen Terra's face but knew of him through Aqua and Ventus and likely Yen Sid as well given Yen Sid actually meet Terra.
In Mickey's eyes Terra is a friend by extension and is someone that deserves saving.

Xehanort on the other hand was explained by Mickey himself. He tells MX in DDD that he had hoped TAV's sacrifice had stopped him for good and it wasn't until in recent games or at least after some time that he learned of MX's body stealing.

When he encountered Apprentice Xehanort all them years back he was still thinking, liking to believe, that MX had been stopped. Nor did he know of the body theft.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Not so. Mickey never seen Terra's face but knew of him through Aqua and Ventus and likely Yen Sid as well given Yen Sid actually meet Terra.
In Mickey's eyes Terra is a friend by extension and is someone that deserves saving.

Xehanort on the other hand was explained by Mickey himself. He tells MX in DDD that he had hoped TAV's sacrifice had stopped him for good and it wasn't until in recent games or at least after some time that he learned of MX's body stealing.

When he encountered Apprentice Xehanort all them years back he was still thinking, liking to believe, that MX had been stopped. Nor did he know of the body theft.

I re-watched it and yeah, now that explains it. He "believed" was also "blind", meaning so that he did had a feeling about Apprentice Xehanort but ignored it...I see now.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

To be fair, this is Mickey Mouse we're talking about here. This incarnation of Mickey seems to lean more on the nice guy persona that they gave him somewhere in the 40's/50's and onward as opposed to his more mischievous side from the late 20's to early 40's. To me, at least, it doesn't seem like it's too much of a stretch to say that Mickey thinks of him as a friend just because Ventus and Aqua considered him their friend.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Actually, Mickey has seen Terra before... just not the Terra we're familiar with.

[video=youtube;hdcSkq9R5PQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdcSkq9R5PQ[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back