• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ask A Subway Employee ANYTHING!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Hahaha!!! They barely exist!! That would be a lie. My Subway only has the BLT, the egg and cheese, and the veggie delight as 5$'s, and the monthly special, which is sometimes not even 5$, but 6$. The 5$ foot long is a thing of the past my friend.

This devastates me like you have no idea...

At least my local Subways still have Black Forest Ham.

Is it true that Subway employees are allowed one free sandwich a day, and if it is, how do I get in on that?

Darkness of White

Wow it's been a long time
Website
lighthearts.proboards104.com
This devastates me like you have no idea...

At least my local Subways still have Black Forest Ham.

Is it true that Subway employees are allowed one free sandwich a day, and if it is, how do I get in on that?

Ours is 5.25.

No, we are only allowed 50% off of one sandwich, one soup, or one salad a day that we work. A free sandwich has to come from the owner or the manager, and are only offered on holidays or special occasions. SOME managers may let you give your discount away, but not all of them. You have to pay for extra meat, extra cheese, and everything else full price.

Become a Subway employee and earn it.

Is it true that the meatball containers are not cleaned regularly?

If you mean the cambro that they are sitting in while on the line, then they are cleaned regularly. As soon as they get emptied they get cleaned. If you mean the cambro that they go into once they come out of the freezer and thaw in the fridge, once it gets emptied, it gets cleaned. If you mean the hotwell itself, where it sits on the line and it stays warm, it gets cleaned regularly, but not the hard water removed as much as I think it should be.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Veggie Patty or Veggie MAX as it is sometimes called. It is veggies and rice, but it smells and tastes like meat!

mind-blown.gif

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Ours is 5.25.

No, we are only allowed 50% off of one sandwich, one soup, or one salad a day that we work. A free sandwich has to come from the owner or the manager, and are only offered on holidays or special occasions. SOME managers may let you give your discount away, but not all of them. You have to pay for extra meat, extra cheese, and everything else full price.

Become a Subway employee and earn it.

You don't even get an employee meal on days you work? I work for Subway and we get a 6 inch and chips for only $1 and drinks and cookies unlimited for free, as long as we've worked 3 hours that day.

Darkness of White

Website
You don't even get an employee meal on days you work? I work for Subway and we get a 6 inch and chips for only $1 and drinks and cookies unlimited for free, as long as we've worked 3 hours that day.

Nope, no meal. Chips are free if they are opened in the box when they get to us, cookies are only free if they break or get burnt. Drinks are free, but we don't get more than a couple minutes to have them in an 8 hour period. We are getting into trouble for too many micro breaks, passing by the microwave and taking a drink or two. Many of us don't even take our 15 min breaks that we are "entitled" to after 4 hours because there is so much to do.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Nope, no meal. Chips are free if they are opened in the box when they get to us, cookies are only free if they break or get burnt. Drinks are free, but we don't get more than a couple minutes to have them in an 8 hour period. We are getting into trouble for too many micro breaks, passing by the microwave and taking a drink or two. Many of us don't even take our 15 min breaks that we are "entitled" to after 4 hours because there is so much to do.

Dang, how busy is your store? My store will once or twice a week have a lunch rush where we make over 100 units in an hour, but we usually all find time to eat lunch and refill our drinks and whatnot.

Darkness of White

Website
Dang, how busy is your store? My store will once or twice a week have a lunch rush where we make over 100 units in an hour, but we usually all find time to eat lunch and refill our drinks and whatnot.

During Winter, that's a daily thing. During school events, we have a few hours of that.

During Summer, it's nonstop. And there's usually only 4 of us there at a time, if we are lucky. 2 or 3 is the norm, so side work has to be done first, before breaks.

noxy

I worked at Subway back in 07, just before pizzas were introduced.

I'm not entirely sure of what our employee meal consisted of, but I know it was a 6" or wrap and unlimited drinks. We ate whatever we wanted anyway. I used to put my wraps in the toaster with the meat & veggies & cheese.. So yum.

The owner of the store wouldn't pay us after 10:30 p.m... If I was stuck closing by myself & didn't leave until 11, that 30 min got docked.

I liked working there. We didn't have a ton of employees- just me, the manager, asst manager, and like 2 or 3 other people I think. Maybe less than that.

It drives me insane when I go into a store and the person running the bread/meat station & toaster only puts 1 12" sub at a time (when they have more than 1 sandwich in an order) when you can put up to like 4 in there.

Darkness of White

Website
I worked at Subway back in 07, just before pizzas were introduced.

I'm not entirely sure of what our employee meal consisted of, but I know it was a 6" or wrap and unlimited drinks. We ate whatever we wanted anyway. I used to put my wraps in the toaster with the meat & veggies & cheese.. So yum.

The owner of the store wouldn't pay us after 10:30 p.m... If I was stuck closing by myself & didn't leave until 11, that 30 min got docked.

I liked working there. We didn't have a ton of employees- just me, the manager, asst manager, and like 2 or 3 other people I think. Maybe less than that.

It drives me insane when I go into a store and the person running the bread/meat station & toaster only puts 1 12" sub at a time (when they have more than 1 sandwich in an order) when you can put up to like 4 in there.

We don't even have wraps at our Subway.

Luckally, the owner of mine doesn't do that to us.

Our customers don't know how to order multiple sandwiches at a time. Once in a while, they'll figure it out, but that's rare.

How big were your toasters??? We can only fit 2 of anything maximum in ours, and then they don't even toast right.

noxy

Lol that's true (about customers not knowing how to order more than 1 all at once) . Usually, with me, though, the employees won't even let me finish the order. Almost like they insist on going one at a time..

Our toasters were bigger, I guess. I just remember I could fit 4 12" subs at a time- there was even an option for it on the timer lol

They may have gotten rid of wraps- they weren't really big sellers at either store that I worked at, though idk if that holds true everywhere. They told me I couldn't put them in the toasters- esp with veggies. But I was like "lol wut" and did it anyway.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Have you ever been hit on when making a customer a sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back