• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix Scenes in English!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It's been a 7 year wait, but it's all over now. Thanks to Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX containing english cutscenes in theatre mode, we here at KHInsider have recorded and uploaded the Final Mix scenes - now in English. These are the first high quality copy of these English cutscenes on the internet, and we hope you enjoy!

We have more scenes coming in shortly, but in the mean time, please enjoy these!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is it just me or was there lipsync on those?

The lip sync was there in 2007. They translated the scenes and lip synced the lines as if they were talking despite no voices.

All it was a matter of was actually getting the voice actors to dub the lines.

Yessir_23

Awards
Awesome, we've been waiting for these for a few years :)
At first glance, the voice acting seems higher quality than the Days movie, which is pretty cool.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Chaser, thank you so much for speeding through KH2 to get us these scenes! I'm so excited to see the one where Sora and Riku talk about thanking Namine indirectly.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Chaser, thank you so much for speeding through KH2 to get us these scenes! I'm so excited to see the one where Sora and Riku talk about thanking Namine indirectly.
You're welcome. I quite enjoyed watching these scenes (specifically Zexion interacting with Vexen and Xigbar), as well as all the Organization's interactions. So many hints for KH3D.

And that scene is short but sweet. Basically Riku promising Sora they can thank Namine when everything is back to the way it was.

Alecs27

I hope they lip sync even the Re:coded movie, it really needs it. Cool scenes, btw.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's been far too long... for this scene in English

[video=youtube;3mz8Q2WeJSI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mz8Q2WeJSI&[/video]

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
The one voicing Xehanort... is it Paul St. Peter? His voice sounds a lot like Xemnas', only livelier.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Those needs are going to be uploaded when I'm at uni, since it's 1 am already and I need to be there by 8:30 am and I need sleep.

PuricoXD

The lip sync was there in 2007. They translated the scenes and lip synced the lines as if they were talking despite no voices.

All it was a matter of was actually getting the voice actors to dub the lines.

Are you sure about that? From what I've heard, they usually animate the English lip synch based on video footage taken of the actors performing. Since these cutscenes were originally only meant to have Japanese voice overs, it would make no sense to put English lipsynch in them, would've been a waste of money IMO

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Thanks Chaser! It must have been (at least slightly) annoying to rush the game in order to get these fast!

To the point..

The Org member do sound awful :p I could barely understand some of them. It's understandable of course but I wonder how much these new scenes will stick out from the rest.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
In which scenes? They are all Richard Epcar, no matter the scene.

Pardon me, it seems my ears were playing tricks on me. For some reason I thought I really was hearing a more energetic version of Xemnas' voice in the "It's Been Too Long" scene.

Xagzan

Awards
Just watched the first one, and the voices aside, holy crap the remastered Organization XIII music sounds 1000x better with real instruments than that wonky synth used in the original!

PuricoXD

I am getting so hyped about this remaster... really hope they'll lipsynch re:coded as well!
I do wonder if they'll completely replace all of Brittany Snows' original lines as Namine in Kingdom Hearts 2 with Meaghan Jette Martin..
TBH I liked Brittany's Namine a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back