• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Opinion on final boss fights in KH1?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
So I came across this topic on GameFAQ'S:
All these years later and I still think the last boss is ridiculous *Spoilers* - Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs

Basically the OP says that they didn't feel that the World of Chaos part of the final boss fights fit in with the rest of the game what with you going from fighting Ansem to a giant demon ship. I never had a problem with it but I can see where they're coming from. Someone else made a good point that KH2 handled the ending fights better by fighting the giant creature (Xemnas' Dragon Form) first and then fighting Xemnas himself last. How do you guys feel about it?

Gram

Banned
Awards
I never felt that personally. Given the ship was connected to Ansem and that he's fought in the first phase of the ship and the last made it feel fine to me.
Plus there's the whole darkside heartless part of the Ansem battle. If the ship feels out of place to the OP what about the darkside?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I never found it out of the ordinary, but I wish they had explained exactly what his big phallic World of Chaos was meant to do besides DARKNESS, y'know. Was he going to sail the universe and have it eat worlds as he fed on the Darkness? Why was it covered in phallic imagery?

axel95

Awards
It has always seemed a little odd to me. But we still fought Ansem twice on the ship, so it made enough sense. I just wish that they had explained the ship, because it's a little too odd to just suddenly pop up.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I never felt like it didn't fit, but I do wish it was explained. You fight him and the Guardian and suddenly Giant Ansem on a Heartless Airship! I wish we got at least some sort of an explanation like he absorbed the DARKNESS and that did things. Just something ya know?

Why was it covered in phallic imagery?
Because DARKNESS!

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Quite simple, it was based on Darkness and Chaos. It has to look abnormal. Didn't really bother me since the focus was always the above part.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I never felt that personally. Given the ship was connected to Ansem and that he's fought in the first phase of the ship and the last made it feel fine to me.
Plus there's the whole darkside heartless part of the Ansem battle. If the ship feels out of place to the OP what about the darkside?

That's a good point. I never got the point of that Darkside fight either. xD

I never found it out of the ordinary, but I wish they had explained exactly what his big phallic World of Chaos was meant to do besides DARKNESS, y'know. Was he going to sail the universe and have it eat worlds as he fed on the Darkness? Why was it covered in phallic imagery?

These are very important questions that I don't have the answers to.

It has always seemed a little odd to me. But we still fought Ansem twice on the ship, so it made enough sense. I just wish that they had explained the ship, because it's a little too odd to just suddenly pop up.

I never felt like it didn't fit, but I do wish it was explained. You fight him and the Guardian and suddenly Giant Ansem on a Heartless Airship! I wish we got at least some sort of an explanation like he absorbed the DARKNESS and that did things. Just something ya know?

Exactly. You can't explain what the ship is or its significance? Not even a little bit?

Quite simple, it was based on Darkness and Chaos. It has to look abnormal. Didn't really bother me since the focus was always the above part.

Well of course it should look abnormal but it's just the fact that it IS, you know?

yamibakura

its square enix final boss has to be rather out of plce.and maybe the darkside was a reference to how it was ur firtst boss and now its ur pre last.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
I also found it weird... because they never really explained why. I like when bosses look a certain way because of something involving their psyche, like some bosses in Final Fantasy, or my favorite boss battles, Silent Hill bosses.

Tetsujin

I don't like the final battle much. I generally think it's kind of bad design when the final battle utilizes a playstyle that is different from how you usually play the game (in this case, flying - which also does not let you use most of your combat abilities).
At the least the flying gimmick is introduced in Neverland. Some games like to throw a different mechanic at you literally at the end of the game. The final battle should test all the abilities you have learned over the course of the game, not throw something new at you at the last second or restrict your abilities.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
It's not so much that the thing itself is strange.
I mean:
A) Final Fantasy final boss
B) Darkness is mysterious and most likely hard to comprehend

No, the ship didn't seem out of place to me. It's the fact that Ansem drags you in there and fights you WITH A SHIP that is weird. I mean, it's completely out of left field. Sure, Neverland being near the end was perhaps a precursor to the battle so you could know what to do while flying, but the idea was kinda strange. To be honest, I was expecting him to be some massive form with the Darkside; probably because of how the Guardian seems like the Darkside's 'mini me.' Or at least that's what I thought.

Perhaps using a more established concept would've seemed less out of place? But then again, that would likely be boring and repetitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back