• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

This is the only KH game where the main characters eat.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Sora, Donald, and Goofy are having a tea party at the end, with food. This is a very FUNNY PART OF THE GAME!!!! /s

More importantly, it's the only time where the main characters of a KH game are explicitly shown eating, I believe.

Just thought that was interesting.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I haven't played 3D yet and have seen very few cutscenes (I understand the major plot points via summaries and such) but when you say "shown eating"...do you mean the actual process of showing the characters inserting food into their mouths and chewing or they cut away?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Goofy is shown taking a giant drink of tea.

Though IDK, I mean, The seasalt trio have some eating animations in the days movie with the ice cream. But yeah, they don't eat much. In KH1 of course you can make sora eat fruit in wonderland/drink the shrinking potion and kh2 everyone's licking seasalt icecream but yeah, you're right, this is about as much as you get

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I haven't played 3D yet and have seen very few cutscenes (I understand the major plot points via summaries and such) but when you say "shown eating"...do you mean the actual process of showing the characters inserting food into their mouths and chewing or they cut away?
They only show Goofy drinking a cup of tea.

Sea Salt Ice Cream? Does that count?
I would argue that counts more, since we see RAX eating the ice cream whereas we don't see Sora eat anything in the tea party scene.

Last edited:

Hobbe

They'd better all have a huge victory feast at the end of KHIII. They're wasting away on that ice cream diet!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Oh shit, forgot about the ice cream.

There should just be a 30 minute sit-down dinner scene at the end of KHIII. Like, no talking outside of "This is good." and some really high quality realistic chewing noises. Make players think something is going to happen at the end, but nothing does.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
For 1.5, Osaka team was able to get the tongues working in the character models so RAX could lick their ice cream!

Except they didn't use it lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
For 1.5, Osaka team was able to get the tongues working in the character models so RAX could lick their ice cream!

Except they didn't use it lol

Specifically, they made it for KH3D so that is two games they missed out on animating ice cream licking xD

Shogo-Kun

Awards
First off, OMG this topic makes me think of a food motif they could use in KH3! Just imagine: the cast trying a different dish in every world, just so the developers can show off their new found mouth physics.

Secondly, if KH3 doesn't have them eating Lasagna Hamburger Helper, I'm out! (Ground Beef or GTFO!)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I was thinking about it, and I think it might really set the cutscenes into a whole new territory. Eating ice cream is one thing, but having Sora and his companions being able to say sit around a table and eat some strange world's delicacies (i.e. Atlantis, Princess & the Frog) or drink something.

Ahh, it's the small (and slightly tedious to program) things I need to happen in KH3.

Secondly, if KH3 doesn't have them eating Lasagna Hamburger Helper, I'm out! (Ground Beef or GTFO!)

Please it is all about the Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Now I'm hyped for KH3. Imagine what they can eat in HD.

How does a srumdiddlyumptious Korean BBQ plate sound? We can even get a voucher for the pharmacy and use it to get laxatives for that one woman in the bathroom so we...

Oh, wait. Wrong game.

IGNORE ME!

First off, OMG this topic makes me think of a food motif they could use in KH3! Just imagine: the cast trying a different dish in every world, just so the developers can show off their new found mouth physics.

A different dish, huh. Anyone up for the trio having pesto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back