• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why can't Roxas stay inside Castle Oblivion in 358/2 Days?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

yamibakura

Does it have to do something with ventus being there?And then again roxas has ventus heart and soras body so there couldnt be a problem since they are seperate entities.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Re: Why cant Roxas stay inside Caslte Oblivion inKH358/2D?

The Ultimania confirms that Roxas being so close to Ven made him a little unstable.

Gram

Banned
Awards

The Ultimania confirms that Roxas being so close to Ven made him a little unstable.

Not just Ventus but Sora as well.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Not just Ventus but Sora as well.

^This. Ventus and Sora's hearts were reacting to Roxas' presence within Castle Oblivion. IIRC, it may also have had to do with the fact that both of them were still asleep which may have partly caused him to react the way he did. Don't quote me on that, though.

yamibakura

Idk.I find it weird though.Because there is no reason to have a problem with that.Besides im pretty sure roxas could find chamber of walking and return ventus heart if he ventured through the castle.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Idk.I find it weird though.Because there is no reason to have a problem with that.Besides im pretty sure roxas could find chamber of walking and return ventus heart if he ventured through the castle.

Sure there's a reason. We see it with Namine and Kairi, being too close to your original self causes your existence to go unstable. Besides, Eraqus was pretty clear, only Aqua can navigate the Castle.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Sure there's a reason. We see it with Namine and Kairi, being too close to your original self causes your existence to go unstable.
Exactly. This strain was only amplified in Roxas because not only was he Sora's nobody but also because Ven's heart was sleeping within him as well:

Q2: Why did Roxas faint in Castle Oblivion on Day 297?
A: Because he had gotten to close to both Sora and Ventus, his “real self”.

Before Day 297 in Days Sora had been to Castle Oblivion, as well as the fact that Ventus is asleep somewhere in the Room of Awakening. Both Sora and Ventus can be called Roxas’ “real selves”, and when he felt their presence it made him faint.

[picture: Axel and Roxas]

When Roxas went to Castle Oblivion the memories of his “real selves” made him confused.

[picture: Ventus asleep]

Ventus asleep in a room in the castle.

So it's only natural that being in to close a proximity to both of them would cause issues. Ven's body would call out to his dormant heart and Sora's heart would call out to his discarded body+soul.

Besides, Eraqus was pretty clear, only Aqua can navigate the Castle.

As was Nomura:
The mysteries of the Secret Event

-- The way Castle Oblivion came to be, and the whole story about the Room of Awakening have been made clear. So when Sora and his friends visited during 'Chain of Memories', Ven was already sleeping in the Room of Awakening, right?

Nomura: That's right.

-- And some members of Organisation XIII were searching for it.

Nomura: Yeah. But only Aqua can solve the mysteries of that castle.

-- So without Aqua...

Nomura: Nobody will be able to reach Ven.

Last edited:

Hobbe

Here's a thought.... say Roxas is somehow brought back in III... will he face this problem if he has to be near Ven or Sora again? Or will the absence of Ven's heart and Sora's memories negate the effect? He's still Sora's old body so maybe not in that case. I mean, he only ever existed in Sora's original body, in fact you could say that Sora's current body is a copy somehow brought about by Kairi 'purifying' his Heartless... whatever happened to that body anyway? Did it disappear a la Xehanort's in BBS, or did Diz just dump it in a dumpster in the back? And DiZ was actually able to rip a heart out of a body? Wasn't he just transferring Memories? Unless his computer has Xehanort level heart separating tech to emulate a keyblade's power, shouldn't the hearts of Roxas, Ven and Xion have stayed in the second body, the one Sora's heart wasn't in? Or did the computer somehow merge two physical bodies, hearts and all? Where are they going to get these bodies from when reviving the hearts locked in Sora's? At least Ven's (and Kairi's) were still around...

Am I making sense or just confusing myself? I tend to ramble on.

Gram

Banned
Awards

i dont think it has to do with sora only ventus roxas already was next to sora 4 times already and he didnt faint

Incorrect. Castle Oblivion during Days was the first time Roxas had been in close proximity to Sora. The Second time was when Roxas was in the digital twilight town and merged with him.
Every time Roxas meets Sora after that they've done merged plus the other times aren't even in the physical plan. One time is in DDD inside a dream and another is the data versions.

When it's Nomura giving the reason for Roxas collapse there's no real way to say it's not what happening.
Plus it's not just Sora, the link I showed above lists Ventus as a cause as well.

Here's a thought.... say Roxas is somehow brought back in III... will he face this problem if he has to be near Ven or Sora again?
Doubtful. If Roxas comes back he won't do so as Sora's nobody again and Ventus will be in Sora or saved himself by that point meaning the things that caused Roxas' collapse are no longer present.

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Doubtful. If Roxas comes back he won't do so as Sora's nobody again and Ventus will be in Sora or saved himself by that point meaning the things that caused Roxas' collapse are no longer present.

Agreed, I don't see the writers having Roxas remain a Nobody yet again if they decide to bring him back. The whole "Nobodies can grow hearts" thing has already been expounded upon in Dream Drop Distance anyway, so there's really no point.

Hobbe

I'm just wondering where they're planning on getting these new bodies from :tongue: Disney magic I bet.

Hobbe

Calling it, Kingdom Hearts 4 is going to be about finding the Key to Return Bodies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
No, I'm positive it's DiZ ney magic or the key to return hearts

To be fair all that we know is the data Diz left and the KtRH is needed. We don't know exactly what kinda body will form from it.
For all we know the data is code or replica information.

yamibakura

The Second time was when Roxas was in the digital twilight town and merged with him.
he didnt meet him physically.roxas was just pixels and data while the sora u see is merely a residual self image as his heart and mind were projected inot the programm like matrix.
also how come roxas have ventus heart inside?ventus heart was still recovering at that point.so it couldnt possibly survive on its own as it needed soras heart.

Gram

Banned
Awards
he didnt meet him physically.roxas was just pixels and data while the sora u see is merely a residual self image as his heart and mind were projected inot the programm like matrix.
also how come roxas have ventus heart inside?ventus heart was still recovering at that point.so it couldnt possibly survive on its own as it needed soras heart.
The connection to the real Sora was very much a real thing though bro. That's how Roxas merged with Sora.

You forget that Ventus had already been sleeping and healing for 10 years by the time Roxas was created. The only thing keeping Ventus in Sora's body, that became Roxas, was the fact that Ventus is still sleeping and can't return yet.
Even now Ventus is still within Sora since Roxas merged back into Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back