• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Not Impressed With the "Limited Edition" ...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandpriest

When I bought 1.5 ReMix, I was amazed with what I got. I loved how the game was inside the awesome artbook. It felt so perfect, going back to Disney's roots of the movies coming from storybooks! For $40, it was *the* perfect "Thank you" for fans who pre-ordered the game.

Now ... we get a regular case and a pin? The pin looks awesome, sure, and I'll treasure it ... but when I put this case next to the KH 1.5 case (and the FF X Remaster case, which TOTALLY copied KH ...), it won't fit at all. It'll be so out of place. Comparing the two, the first one is FAR superior.

I'll gladly buy a collector's edition of it gives me another packaging like before.

Dark Wing

Awards
what i would've liked for a limited edition is a steelbook case covered by some exclusive artwork and two disc slots so i could put both 1.5 and 2.5 in there together. that would have been nice.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Yeah, while Japan gets the OST.

Then again, I'm really not one to care about preorder bonuses unless they are OSTs. I just really don't have any interest in figurines, keychains, steelbooks, etc.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I would have to agree that the OST would have been my number 1 choice but I still would have been happy with almost anything else. The pin is cool though I guess. I'm not a collector so I don't really have much interest in it besides selling it when it's value starts to increase due to rarity. If they don't announce a collector's edition soon I'm just going to preorder the regular limited edition one with the pin. And even if they do announce a CE I might just get the LE instead anyway. I have a funny kind of feeling these Remixes will be ported to PS4/Vita.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
It's not really a limited edition. There's nothing different about the game or the package it comes in. Just a pin.
perhaps it's a metaphor for how kh1 was better than kh2

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Perhaps I'm the odd one out, but I actually prefer the preorder for 2.5 as opposed to 1.5. Overall I'm not happy with either since if you look at what Japan gets versus what we get, it's pretty shameful especially when you consider the survey. However, that being said, I didn't really find the artbook for 1.5 that spectacular since it literally consisted of nothing new minus the message from Nomura and the cool past versus current renditions of Sora.

The pin is at least something that is completely new to everywhere so that's how I'm choosing to look at it (plus I collect all the Kingdom Hearts pins so that's another huge reason why I like it lol).

anniinan

I feel so bad that I decided not to order KH1.5 as collectors edition, but bought FFXHD as collectors edition. And to be honest, KH2.5 artwork would have been more beautiful than in 1.5. And why they didn't give us a Keyblade keychain instead of a _pin_?

I'm a bit disappointed to this collectors edition and buy the regular one.

ps. WHY DIDN'T I GET THE COLLECTORS EDITION ON KH1.5!? the artbook is just beautiful

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
It's not really a limited edition. There's nothing different about the game or the package it comes in. Just a pin.
perhaps it's a metaphor for how kh1 was better than kh2

That explains everything. XD

Perhaps I'm the odd one out, but I actually prefer the preorder for 2.5 as opposed to 1.5. Overall I'm not happy with either since if you look at what Japan gets versus what we get, it's pretty shameful especially when you consider the survey. However, that being said, I didn't really find the artbook for 1.5 that spectacular since it literally consisted of nothing new minus the message from Nomura and the cool past versus current renditions of Sora.

The pin is at least something that is completely new to everywhere so that's how I'm choosing to look at it (plus I collect all the Kingdom Hearts pins so that's another huge reason why I like it lol).

Yeah, both really suck compared to what everyone in Japan got for each one. SENA hates us, I guess.

Also, I actually agree about the artbook for I.5 not being particularly spectacular. I was really expecting more the way they kept hyping it up...

I feel so bad that I decided not to order KH1.5 as collectors edition, but bought FFXHD as collectors edition. And to be honest, KH2.5 artwork would have been more beautiful than in 1.5. And why they didn't give us a Keyblade keychain instead of a _pin_?

I'm a bit disappointed to this collectors edition and buy the regular one.

ps. WHY DIDN'T I GET THE COLLECTORS EDITION ON KH1.5!? the artbook is just beautiful

To be fair, the artbook in I.5 wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best thing out there, either. Admittedly, my getting a copy of Hyrule Historia might have had something to do with elevating my expectations, but the end result is that I was disappointed with what I got. The artbook for the Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster was, in my opinion, much better since it actually had a lot more to offer in regards to concept art, information on characters and locations and such.

That being said, at least I.5 had an artbook. It was underwhelming for me, but at least they put a teeny little bit of effort into it along with a letter from Tetsuya Nomura himself. I just hope that there will be more to offer as the release date over here looms ever closer.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
While I wont' say that nothing else is coming out until I physically have my pin and copy in hand (and nothing else), I feel like it's getting pretty late to announced something given we are nearing only 2 months before release and if it's an actual upgraded LE, they need to give people time to upgrade and save funds for it. Not to mention the huge backlash this solo pin has gotten, if they had something else planned, I'm shocked they wouldn't have said or released something by now to quell the rage because people I talk to are very annoyed at SENA for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back